World Test Team

Why do all of you keep omitting Yousaf? Isn't he the current record holder for most runs in a calender year?

yea he is but that was last year. He is good don't get me wrong but he hasn't played a test in a long time that's why people leave him out.

Virender Sehwag
Graeme Smith
Ricky Ponting(c)
Sachin Tendulkar
Kevin Pietersen
Kumar Sanggarkkara
Michael Hussey
Brett Lee
Zaheer Khan
Dale Styen
Muttaih Muralitharan

My Squad

1-Virender Sehwag
2-Matthew Hayden
3-Ricky Ponting
4-Sachin Tendulker
5-Kevin Pietersen
6-Kumar Sangakkara
7-Mahendra Singh Dhoni
8-Brett Lee
9-Dale Steyn
10-Zaheer Khan
11-Muttiah Muralitharan

12-Harbhajan Singh
13-Rahul Dravid
14-Shoib Akhter
15-Shiv Chanderpaul
16-Mike Hussey
17-Jacques Kallis
18-Graeme Smith
19-Michael Clarke

Maybe a Debutant-
20-Shaun Marsh

Players from 12-19 are randomly placed. They deserved the main squad too. But the squad was already filled and strong enough.

Last edited:
You can't put Dhoni in there just yet, And correct me if I'm wrong -- I don't think Marsh has played a Test Match yet.

Yeah but you don't know how a player will perform in Tests...take Yuvraj for example, Brilliant in ODI's and T20 (Up until that Sri Lanka Series), But is shocking in Tests...

An All-time Aggressive Test XI: (I'm bored alright :p)

Graeme Smith
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Kevin Pietersen
Garfield Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Jeff Thomson
Joel Garner
Allan Donald

Players that just missed out:
Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Chris Cairns
Curtley Ambrose
Mattthew Hayden

Now that'd be a team to watch, you'd need the crash helmets in the crowd though, be brilliant to watch Sir Viv and KP batting together, be so entertaining watching them trying to out do eachother. What you reckon? Anyone obvious that I missed?

Yeah but you don't know how a player will perform in Tests...take Yuvraj for example, Brilliant in ODI's and T20 (Up until that Sri Lanka Series), But is shocking in Tests...

lol, look at my avatar and A.K.A.
I believe he will perform well. Lets think we're giving him a chance as a debutant. :p

Graeme Smith
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Kevin Pietersen
Garfield Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Jeff Thomson
Joel Garner
Allan Donald

Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Chris Cairns
Curtley Ambrose
Mattthew Hayden

Now that'd be a team to watch, you'd need the crash helmets in the crowd though, be brilliant to watch Sir Viv and KP batting together, be so entertaining watching them trying to out do eachother. What you reckon? Anyone obvious that I missed?

Hayden is more aggressive than Smith IMO...

Graeme Smith
Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Viv Richards
Kevin Pietersen
Garfield Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Warne
Jeff Thomson
Joel Garner
Allan Donald

Ian Botham
Kapil Dev
Wasim Akram
Chris Cairns
Curtley Ambrose
Mattthew Hayden

Lara was aggressive wasn't he?

Yeh, but Lara's not pipping Tendulkar, Pietersen, Richards and Sobers to make it into the middle order, not when it comes to attacking, exciting batting anyway.

Yeh, but Lara's not pipping Tendulkar, Pietersen, Richards and Sobers to make it into the middle order, not when it comes to attacking, exciting batting anyway.

I dont know how much of Lara you have seen but he was one of the most exciting batsman to watch. Hes stroke play was as good as anybody's.

I dont know how much of Lara you have seen but he was one of the most exciting batsman to watch. Hes stroke play was as good as anybody's.

I second this. He was one of the most exciting players to watch. The way he used his feet to the spinners and the way he played his shots.

lol, look at my avatar and A.K.A.
I believe he will perform well. Lets think we're giving him a chance as a debutant. :p
He has a FC average of 35, what makes you think he'll do so well? You're not even Australian. Seems that Marsh's IPL success has given him a reputation he hasn't necessarily earned.

Users who are viewing this thread