Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Punk and Bryan, I would consider them modern time greats, but I don't think either of them has reached all time great status as of yet. They're both close but I don't think they're there yet
I think when they hang up their boots, they’ll be up there with the Flairs and the Austins

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
they might, but I don't think they're there yet. Especially Punk.

I love Punk, but at this time I don't consider him one of the greatest of all time. Bryan is more there at this time than Punk

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Surprised AJ Styles aint got a mention. I rate him and Bryan the best of this gen. I do likely rate Bryan higher though, his last run with the enviromental belt thingy was awesome!

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I love AJ, he might be the best wrestler of his generation and he's very close to being considered one of the greatest of all time, but again I don't think he's reached that level yet.

For all these guys it's hard to judge because their careers are still ongoing. You can't judge someone and consider them all time greats while they're still active.

There have been very few exceptions to that rule and the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ric Flair and to an extent Hulk Hogan

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I love AJ, he might be the best wrestler of his generation and he's very close to being considered one of the greatest of all time, but again I don't think he's reached that level yet.

For all these guys it's hard to judge because their careers are still ongoing. You can't judge someone and consider them all time greats while they're still active.

There have been very few exceptions to that rule and the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ric Flair and to an extent Hulk Hogan
You do realize that AJ is close to the end of his career? In fact his move-set has changed over the last couple years to reflect his age. I mean I get your point I do but I dont see why in any sphere we have to wait until people retire to say they reached legend status.

Take me for example here on Planet Cricket I have technically moved a couple levels beyond legendary status years ago when I acclaimed the status of a Matyr. Here I am still posting as the best there was, the best there is and the best thy will ever be. No one, not a single member here can even come close to me!

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
You do realize that AJ is close to the end of his career?
You're telling the guy who's in his 40s and has been working a high impact style is close to the end of his career??? Nooo way....

Of course I know that. All I mean to say is we can't fully judge a person's career while they're still in the middle of it.

AJ could wrestle another 6 months or 6 years, you don't know that and neither do I. Only he knows.

As I said, I consider him one of, if not the best wrestler of his generation. Does that make him an all time great, in some circles yes, in others no. I like to consider all the factors when I say someone is one of the greatest of all time. And just wrestling ability isn't it, there are many factors that go into it.

As of this moment do I consider AJ to be one, no but he's damn close. He's just that 1 tier down in my book.

This is all subjective and that's one of the reasons I love wrestling. Everyone loves different styles of wrestling and different types of wrestlers.

Does that mean my opinion is more valid than yours, heck no. That's just it, my opinion.

I just have a very high standard for what I consider all time greats

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Completed the All OUT 2021 show and got to agree with yall its the best PPV wrestling show I have atleast seen in my lifetime. The ending was amazing, the cage match a classic but the best match for me was Punk vs Darby those guys paced out the match well and the story telling was perfect. Glad to see Ruby in AEW she was way underutilized in WWE, a very very good women’s wrestler, want to see her take on Serena Deeb!
Post automatically merged:

You're telling the guy who's in his 40s and has been working a high impact style is close to the end of his career??? Nooo way....

Of course I know that. All I mean to say is we can't fully judge a person's career while they're still in the middle of it.

AJ could wrestle another 6 months or 6 years, you don't know that and neither do I. Only he knows.

As I said, I consider him one of, if not the best wrestler of his generation. Does that make him an all time great, in some circles yes, in others no. I like to consider all the factors when I say someone is one of the greatest of all time. And just wrestling ability isn't it, there are many factors that go into it.

As of this moment do I consider AJ to be one, no but he's damn close. He's just that 1 tier down in my book.

This is all subjective and that's one of the reasons I love wrestling. Everyone loves different styles of wrestling and different types of wrestlers.

Does that mean my opinion is more valid than yours, heck no. That's just it, my opinion.

I just have a very high standard for what I consider all time greats
Well from the little I have seen you seem to know Pro Wrestling pretty well so I hold your opinion in high esteem.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Well from the little I have seen you seem to know Pro Wrestling pretty well so I hold your opinion in high esteem.
Thank you, that means a lot. Wrestling is a subject I am very passionate about. I even trained to be a wrestler at one point in my life.

Cricket is a hobby for me, wrestling is my passion.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I ended up deleted the post, because it's a part of my life that I don't really like to live through. I'll just put a tl;dr here for anyone still interested.

tl;dr
Went to wrestling camp with former WWE star, turns out it was a scam. Went to another school for a few weeks, dad found out made me stop. Completed University and started "normal" job instead.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I ended up deleted the post, because it's a part of my life that I don't really like to live through. I'll just put a tl;dr here for anyone still interested.

tl;dr
Went to wrestling camp with former WWE star, turns out it was a scam. Went to another school for a few weeks, dad found out made me stop. Completed University and started "normal" job instead.
Completely understandable

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
@CerealKiller @ahmedleo414 what are your thoughts on Daniel Garcia? His match with Punk last night was awesome. Garcia looks really good and can do the stuff between the ropes, if he keeps at it can well be one of the greats.

Users who are viewing this thread