Wrestling thread

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
There is always going to be a rivalry, even though they're subtle about it as far as I've seen. It was there in the Monday Night Wars in the 90s too.
I think you should judge them on their in-ring action and storyline, which so far I've enjoyed a lot more than WWE.
I understand the rivalry, them acting like they are better but still stooping to same old cheap tactics, they need to be better to be perceived as better by "me".
Apart from Orange Cassidy and few ex WWE stars nobody else draws me in to watch their product. That tells me I enjoy WWE characters so unless they don't lean more towards sports entertainment I might just watch from distance.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I understand the rivalry, them acting like they are better but still stooping to same old cheap tactics, they need to be better to be perceived as better by "me".
Apart from Orange Cassidy and few ex WWE stars nobody else draws me in to watch their product. That tells me I enjoy WWE characters so unless they don't lean more towards sports entertainment I might just watch from distance.
I think Orange Cassidy would be more over in WWE. In WWE he could be a huge face and merchandiser mover, its a loss they didnt use him ealier.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
If every Ex WWE wrestler debut promo has some kind of burying WWE stick that speaks volumes about AEW.
This is simply not true. Now I'm not saying no one that made their debut in AEW that came from WWE didn't bury WWE this is not true for most of the people.

So I went down the list of the AEW roster to find all the people that worked for WWE.

Andrade El Idolo: Did not mention WWE at all on his debut or anytime after
Cash Wheeler/Dax Harwood: Have no mentioned WWE at all. The only thing they said was they are happy to be in a place where Tag Team wrestling means something.
Chavo Guerrero Jr: No mention of WWE
Chris Jericho: I do recall him saying something about WWE in the beginning of the company, but I can't recall off the top of my head
Christian Cage: No mention of WWE. Only mentions his own retirement
CM Punk: He is one of only a couple that mentioned WWE, and even that was done in passing, and the only reason he mentioned them wasn't to bury them, but simply to say that he was unhappy during his last few months
Cody Rhodes: Did never mention WWE, the only thing I would consider he did was break the throne at the first PPV that resembled Triple H's throne. (If you want to count that then go ahead, I personally don't)
Colt Cabana: No mention of WWE
Dustin Rhodes: No mention of WWE
Jake Hagar: No mention of WWE
Jon Moxley: No mention of WWE. He came in and immediately started feuding with Omega
Lance Archer: No mention of WWE (you may not count him as a WWE star since he was never on the main shows)
Luchasaurus: No mention of WWE (you may not count him as a WWE star since he was never on the main shows)
Mark Henry: No mention of WWE
Miro: Only mentioned WWE in passing once in his debut promo and even that was a throwaway line.
Kenny Omega: No mention of WWE (you may not count him as a WWE star since he was never on the main shows)
Serena Deep: No mention of WWE
Tay Conti: No mention of WWE

So out of 19, only three have mentioned WWE. Unless I am missing something.

Apart from Orange Cassidy and few ex WWE stars nobody else draws me in to watch their product.
This just tells me you are a WWE fan and I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. You like WWE's style, you enjoy it millions of people around the world do and there is nothing wrong with that.

But there is so much more the AEW product than Orange Cassidy and "a few ex WWE stars". Again we could argue about this for days and I will not get you to change your mind.

After I finished high school, I trained to be a pro-wrestler. I had to stop because of some personal reasons, but I love pro wrestling. I have loved it since I was three years old watching it with my grandfather. He used to love Hulk Hogan and I used to watch with him. I grew up with WWF, and Bret Hart and The Rock were my favourite wrestlers growing up. When the TV channel we used to get switched from WWF to WCW, I stopped watching wrestling. Because it was not good, I did not enjoy WCW wrestling.

And that is what the last 10 years of WWE wrestling had become to me, the worst of WCW. I hated John Cena, and not because I didn't think he couldn't wrestle. His demeanor and not taking anything seriously just made me hate him even more.

Go back and watch how Bret Hart wrestled when he was World champion. Bret took the belt and everything seriously, sometimes a little too seriously, but that is what I loved about pro wrestling. Compare that to John Cena, who when building up a match would cut big promos on how much the title means to him and then after loosing it, the same week would come out smiling like "oh well".. I hated that.

When CM Punk came around to be champion I loved it because he reminded me of Bret. He took the championship seriously. He wanted to be champion and you could tell. Anyways this post has already gotten longer than I wanted it to, but I love pro wrestling.

You like what you like and that great, if you enjoy WWE. F**** what me or anyone else thinks go enjoy WWE.

I for one cannot stand WWE, and I will not watch it for a minute longer than I have to.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
This is simply not true. Now I'm not saying no one that made their debut in AEW that came from WWE didn't bury WWE this is not true for most of the people.

So I went down the list of the AEW roster to find all the people that worked for WWE.

Andrade El Idolo: Did not mention WWE at all on his debut or anytime after
Cash Wheeler/Dax Harwood: Have no mentioned WWE at all. The only thing they said was they are happy to be in a place where Tag Team wrestling means something.
Chavo Guerrero Jr: No mention of WWE
Chris Jericho: I do recall him saying something about WWE in the beginning of the company, but I can't recall off the top of my head
Christian Cage: No mention of WWE. Only mentions his own retirement
CM Punk: He is one of only a couple that mentioned WWE, and even that was done in passing, and the only reason he mentioned them wasn't to bury them, but simply to say that he was unhappy during his last few months
Cody Rhodes: Did never mention WWE, the only thing I would consider he did was break the throne at the first PPV that resembled Triple H's throne. (If you want to count that then go ahead, I personally don't)
Colt Cabana: No mention of WWE
Dustin Rhodes: No mention of WWE
Jake Hagar: No mention of WWE
Jon Moxley: No mention of WWE. He came in and immediately started feuding with Omega
Lance Archer: No mention of WWE (you may not count him as a WWE star since he was never on the main shows)
Luchasaurus: No mention of WWE (you may not count him as a WWE star since he was never on the main shows)
Mark Henry: No mention of WWE
Miro: Only mentioned WWE in passing once in his debut promo and even that was a throwaway line.
Kenny Omega: No mention of WWE (you may not count him as a WWE star since he was never on the main shows)
Serena Deep: No mention of WWE
Tay Conti: No mention of WWE

So out of 19, only three have mentioned WWE. Unless I am missing something.

This just tells me you are a WWE fan and I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. You like WWE's style, you enjoy it millions of people around the world do and there is nothing wrong with that.

But there is so much more the AEW product than Orange Cassidy and "a few ex WWE stars". Again we could argue about this for days and I will not get you to change your mind.

After I finished high school, I trained to be a pro-wrestler. I had to stop because of some personal reasons, but I love pro wrestling. I have loved it since I was three years old watching it with my grandfather. He used to love Hulk Hogan and I used to watch with him. I grew up with WWF, and Bret Hart and The Rock were my favourite wrestlers growing up. When the TV channel we used to get switched from WWF to WCW, I stopped watching wrestling. Because it was not good, I did not enjoy WCW wrestling.

And that is what the last 10 years of WWE wrestling had become to me, the worst of WCW. I hated John Cena, and not because I didn't think he couldn't wrestle. His demeanor and not taking anything seriously just made me hate him even more.

Go back and watch how Bret Hart wrestled when he was World champion. Bret took the belt and everything seriously, sometimes a little too seriously, but that is what I loved about pro wrestling. Compare that to John Cena, who when building up a match would cut big promos on how much the title means to him and then after loosing it, the same week would come out smiling like "oh well".. I hated that.

When CM Punk came around to be champion I loved it because he reminded me of Bret. He took the championship seriously. He wanted to be champion and you could tell. Anyways this post has already gotten longer than I wanted it to, but I love pro wrestling.

You like what you like and that great, if you enjoy WWE. F**** what me or anyone else thinks go enjoy WWE.

I for one cannot stand WWE, and I will not watch it for a minute longer than I have to.
I like Orange Cassidy but I think he’ll do way better in WWE with his game, he can be a huge draw there, its a big miss Vince never invested in him all these years.

I recently stopped WWE also primarily because of the repetitive matches and their inability to build stars!

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I like Orange Cassidy but I think he’ll do way better in WWE with his game, he can be a huge draw there, its a big miss Vince never invested in him all these years.

I recently stopped WWE also primarily because of the repetitive matches and their inability to build stars!
Absolutely not. Here is exactly how Orange Cassidy would be used in WWE.

First he will go to NXT, where they will tweek his gimmick to where it's almost unrecognizable.

He will wrestle on NXT for years, he won't win the NXT title, maybe the North American title.

Either he'll eventually get released, or be brought up to 205 live.

If he makes it to the main roster Vince will not understand why he's over, he will tweek his gimmick even more to where you won't even know who orange Cassidy ever was. And when he doesn't get over with that he will eventually get released

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Absolutely not. Here is exactly how Orange Cassidy would be used in WWE.

First he will go to NXT, where they will tweek his gimmick to where it's almost unrecognizable.

He will wrestle on NXT for years, he won't win the NXT title, maybe the North American title.

Either he'll eventually get released, or be brought up to 205 live.

If he makes it to the main roster Vince will not understand why he's over, he will tweek his gimmick even more to where you won't even know who orange Cassidy ever was. And when he doesn't get over with that he will eventually get released
If I didnt know better i’d say Vince took your lunch money at school.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I forgot to put Brodie Lee on my list. He was the most outspoken one in his promos not only attacking WWE but doing parodies of Vince McMahon.

So, 4 out of 20... Or 4/20 ( :cheers )

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
If anyone has not watched All Out, I highly recommend you do so.

Other than one match, which was there as a filler anyways. This might've been one of the best wrestling shows I have seen in a long time top to bottom.

Usually, even with AEW shows by the time we get to the main event I feel like I'm getting tired and start looking at the clock, but tonight I did not feel that way at all.

One of the best shows I have seen in almost 30 years of watching wrestling.

I f-ing love wrestling

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan

Other than one match, which was there as a filler anyways. This might've been one of the best wrestling shows I have seen in a long time top to bottom.

Usually, even with AEW shows by the time we get to the main event I feel like I'm getting tired and start looking at the clock, but tonight I did not feel that way at all.

I f-ing love wrestling
Will watch the highlights

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Will watch the highlights
Yeah same here. Was planning on purchasing the PPV but work called.
Post automatically merged:

I f-ing love wrestling
I am reading everywhere the Bucks vs Lucha bros was a classic!

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Bobby Roode
The NXT takeover in Toronto a few years ago. I was there live with my friends was one of the loudest moments I had ever been a part of with Bobby Roode's Glorious.

That was beaten by Adam Coles "BAY BAY" and "Boom" a few years later in the same building.... Good memories

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread