Wrestling thread

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I tried to watch some WWE again about a year ago after not watching it for years. For a few weeks I really enjoyed it, it was, I reckoned, better than most other soaps out there like Hollyoaks or Eastenders.

However within a week it was already more predictable than I ever remembered it being. Even fights with people I didn't know were predictable!

When it's basically stuntmen and a funny script, it really works as entertainment. However those moments are so few and padded out that in the end I lost interest as quickly as I had attempted to regain it.

The Rock

County Cricketer
I tried to watch some WWE again about a year ago after not watching it for years. For a few weeks I really enjoyed it, it was, I reckoned, better than most other soaps out there like Hollyoaks or Eastenders.

However within a week it was already more predictable than I ever remembered it being. Even fights with people I didn't know were predictable!

When it's basically stuntmen and a funny script, it really works as entertainment. However those moments are so few and padded out that in the end I lost interest as quickly as I had attempted to regain it.

I think you saw a bit of it this summer. If yes, yeah the storylines this summer were hot as hell with Punk getting center stage, just like 2010's summer which had the Nexus. But both the angles ended in a disappointing way.

----------

Austin tweeted that he'll join Rock in Boston next week. The arena had advertised Foley at first but then they striked him outta the list. Maybe they wanted to keep his return a secret. Quite sure will be there too as he's doing a comedy show live in a building near the MSG the same night.

Austin, Mankind and the Rock in one ring after 7 years almost!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Better than Eastenders? I beg to differ. ;)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
What - all of them? Lucky git. In England, it seems to follow a pattern of one freebie, one paid. Survivor Series is paid.

Yup all are free.

They went in same week for some time but then Smackdown was being shown before it aired in US so they went back to 2 week delay for all WWE programming.

The Rock

County Cricketer
They went in same week for some time but then Smackdown was being shown before it aired in US so they went back to 2 week delay for all WWE programming.

This is probably the reason behind it. Wondering what's wrong?! Even UK gets SD before the US does.

Its actually a smart move by as the WWE they are completely aware of the fact that no one would will to buy a PPV here in India as most of them are just casual fans. The funny thing is that it is aired thrice in a week although they telecast it a bit late.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is probably the reason behind it. Wondering what's wrong?! Even UK gets SD before the US does.

Its actually a smart move by as the WWE they are completely aware of the fact that no one would will to buy a PPV here in India as most of them are just casual fans. The funny thing is that it is aired thrice in a week although they telecast it a bit late.

How so - isn't Smackdown broadcast live in the US like RAW is?

The Rock

County Cricketer
The return was electrifying as always! And it was good to see Foley back too! Poor Cena got boo'ed in his hometown too. That final segment was really good, but I was wondering why they held the Rock back during his segment with Cena and Awesome Truth. He could have easily buried all three of them in those 20 minutes. And yeah, just as the Rock said #BootsToAsses will be trending worldwide on twitter from the word go, it did.

Ahmad Shah

Panel of Selectors
Eagerly Waiting For The Tag Team Match Between Truth And Miz And Cena And Rock In SurViVor Series:D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Survivor Series is tonight. Am especially looking forwards to Show vs Henry, Punk vs Del Rio and of course, The Rock/Cena Connection (Foley's idea) vs The Muppet Connection (AKA The Awesome Truth).

Users who are viewing this thread