Your idea of a Cricket game.

ricky87

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
The criticism towards Table Top Cricket and some of the suggestions have left me really confused as to what makes a ?realistic? Cricket game?

I think some of us tend to confuse real world things such as licenses, technology, stadiums etc being able to deliver a realistic Cricket experience, in my opinion all these are all side things, good to have in the game but not essential. How closely the game can imitate real world physics of Cricket is what will make it a worthy Cricket game.

I am in admiration of the physics in Table Top Cricket ? movements of players and umpires, the ball hitting the stumps, the animations, the camera, I suppose there is still a question mark on the physics between the bat and ball but I have faith Big Ant have got that marked and that can also help in another equally crucial area of realistic run rates in the game.. this is what makes a Cricket game for me and I could not have imagined this before.

I?d like to know how you guys imagine your ideal Cricket game to be.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I see your point but please understand licences are very important.
The reason is without them hard to sell a lot of copies of sport games.
We all want all you have wrote but what about the families that don't
care for runrates and stats they just want to have some fun.

Maybe there favorite players are the aus team and they don't care
about editors and changing the players names to the real ones.
They want the right faces and names, if you buy a porsche do you
buy because of the heart of the car or the name.

To end this, members on the forum are huge cricket fans but what
about the casual cricket fans needs. :yes

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I want a game that challenges me and gives me the right tools to overcome these challenges. With batting I want to have feeling of earning every run or boundary in bowling friendly condition. I need the feel to settle in before being able to let loose with strokeplay. When I play the shots, I want to see the correct animation. I want to see variety in the shots. I want to be able to steel singles but I don't want it to be easy (as it was in ic 2010). I want to see AI bringing in smart bowling changes and set up clever fields. The AI bowlers must change angle of attack. I must relish the joy of chasing down a big target.
Bowling has always been the most ignored part of cricket games. I want to enjoy bowling. I must have control of swing and seam depending upon the quality of bowler. Bowling system should allow for us to change the grip of the bowl to have different effects. There should be nicks, batpads and lbws. AI must be good enough to deal with my bowling tactics.
I don't care much about fielding but if it can be made fun, I will have no objection to it.
I know I wish for too much but I expect both of the anticipated titles to atleast nail 70 percent of it.

Last edited:

ricky87

Club Captain
The AI is so crucial and I hope Big Ant can deliver a brilliant AI which covers all the little details of the game. The AI has to be unpredictable, dynamic and unorthodox at times, it needs to do all those things that one expects from a highly skilled human player.

Users who are viewing this thread