Yuvraj Singh Best ODI Batsmen at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just because it's a "joke", doesn't mean it isn't racial.

And anyway, no Yuvraj isn't the best ODI player in the world. He's in good form though and he's a good player but he is not the best.

Do you understand English or not?? It's just a joke joke joke. It's just a bloody hell joke. What I meant by that post was no English can ever be a fan of Yuvraj because what he did against Broad in the T-20 cup will remain indelible in their minds, forever. More clearly, no English can ever forget that 6 sixes incident. Am I clear know? I fail to understand where I abused you guys racially in that post. If you can point me out where I'll cut my head and throw it into the Ganges. This is so ridiculous!

And dare, one more thing, Chris Gayle has been dethroned, MSD is the new king. And if you compare MSD's stats with that of Gauti you'll clearly see who's the superior. The ICC ranking sys is so flawed that.....oh what can I say??? In this strange world of ICC, a man who has been scoring 50's, and 100's in almost all of his matches becomes the no 10th batsman, the 1st pos being grabbed by someone else. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME OR IF YOU HAVE ANY CONFUSION JUST OPEN A SITE CALLED CRICINFO AND CHECK GAUTI'S STATS. JUST CHECK IT. And besides, PLEASE don't bring any false, meaningless, RIDICULOUS ACCUSATIONS against me!

Last edited:

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Do you understand English or not?? It's just a joke joke joke. It's just a bloody hell joke. What I meant by that post was no English can ever be a fan of Yuvraj because what he did against Broad in the T-20 cup will remain indelible in their minds, forever. More clearly, no English can ever forget that 6 sixes incident. Am I clear know? I fail to understand where I abused you guys racially in that post. If you can point me out where I'll cut my head and throw it into the Ganges. This is so ridiculous!

And dare, one more thing, Chris Gayle has been dethroned, MSD is the new king. And if you compare MSD's stats with that of Gauti you'll clearly see who's the superior. The ICC ranking sys is so flawed that.....oh what can I say??? In this strange world of ICC, a man who has been scoring 50's, and 100's in almost all of his matches becomes the no 10th batsman, the 1st pos being grabbed by someone else. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME OR IF YOU HAVE ANY CONFUSION JUST OPEN A SITE CALLED CRICINFO AND CHECK GAUTI'S STATS. JUST CHECK IT. And besides, PLEASE don't bring any false, meaningless, RIDICULOUS ACCUSATIONS against me!
Mate, next time they show up this stupid racial card because they cannot get a joke, just use the "Report post" function. Don't try to get at them. Serves you no good really.

If the problem persists, there is always the "Ignore button". :D

Highlander999

ICC President
Well King Cricket needs to go and find a few people like tassietiger if he wants to start cracking jokes. At the moment he is around about Giggity's standard. That is the ability to crack a joke and face plant yourself in the process

Oh and the irony of Precamb's post, isn't lost on me ;)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Can we end this useless Thread now.

We can finish it on this note;

BRUAAHH!!1!!1 UV! SMAACK U 4 6 INNIT!!! BRRAPPP! DA BEST BATSMEN IN DEE WROLD!1 BRUAAHH1!

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
In Gambhir's last 8 matches (Duration of 12 months), he has 1 score of 179, 1 of 206, and 1 od 104. Apart from that, he has 6 fifties, five between 60 and 99, and a lowest score of 19. As a result, he averages 70 over those 8 matches.

He had 16 innings, and crossed fifty 9 times. More than half. More importantly, he has crossed 30 in 12 out of the 16 innings. That is 75% of the time.

I stick by what I said. He's probably the most reliable opener over the last year or so, always getting starts, and fifty plus in over half his innings. But he doesn't get the big runs. 2 big scores in 16 innings is great, but you are comparing him to Smith and Shiv who are pretty much known for big, match winning efforts. In Shiv's case, such innings come practically all the time.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Shiv's not an opener =/ Graeme Smith had a better year than Gambhir as well, may not have scored as many runs in ODi's, but his average is better. Chris Gayle had a better ODi record in 2008 than Gambhir. Gayle scored the same amount of hundreds in 14 less innings. Gambhir's a good player, but the most reliable opener in the world? Don't think so, he's certainly up there, but I don't think you can say he's the most reliable in the world, especially considering he played all 8 of his Tests last year in the subcontinent, 5 of those in India, and his record in Sri Lanka was nothing on his record in India. He may have still averaged 50, but he failed to score a ton in 3 Tests. Graeme Smith's better.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I dunnow, someone above tried to say Gambhir was better than Shiv this year.

I didn't count ODIs, I'll look into it later. Maybe.

I said Probably cause I realised that the fact he played pretty much only in the subcontinent would count against him. It's a pretty large factor, Smith performed in Aus and in England (Or was the earlier?), Gambhir made use of the Indian flat decks.

Highlander999

ICC President
Nope, England Test was in the summer, so Smith not only was playing in harder conditions, but still proved he is a better batsman then Gambhir with the way he played in England and Aus.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Well King Cricket needs to go and find a few people like tassietiger if he wants to start cracking jokes. At the moment he is around about Giggity's standard. That is the ability to crack a joke and face plant yourself in the process

Oh and the irony of Precamb's post, isn't lost on me ;)
All hail Highlander, the high priest of all jokers.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Shiv's not an opener =/ Graeme Smith had a better year than Gambhir as well, may not have scored as many runs in ODi's, but his average is better. Chris Gayle had a better ODi record in 2008 than Gambhir. Gayle scored the same amount of hundreds in 14 less innings. Gambhir's a good player, but the most reliable opener in the world? Don't think so, he's certainly up there, but I don't think you can say he's the most reliable in the world, especially considering he played all 8 of his Tests last year in the subcontinent, 5 of those in India, and his record in Sri Lanka was nothing on his record in India. He may have still averaged 50, but he failed to score a ton in 3 Tests. Graeme Smith's better.
KP has scored only 1 ton in the subcontinent right? What is his average in the subcontinent?

Any doubts as to whether Gambhir can score big in ODIs should be settled by today's sterling 150.

Thirdly, reliable opener is not equal to making hundreds FFS. I would prefer an opener who makes consistent 50 plus scores and get his team to a good start than the guy who flops 5 innings on a trot followed by a 100.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
KP has scored only 1 ton in the subcontinent right? What is his average in the subcontinent?

KP's scored 2 hundreds in the Subcontinent, averaging 35. Whats your point?

Thirdly, reliable opener is not equal to making hundreds FFS. I would prefer an opener who makes consistent 50 plus scores and get his team to a good start than the guy who flops 5 innings on a trot followed by a 100.

Again, not sure what your point is. Gayle not only has the same amount of hundreds in less games, but in the 13 innings he played he made 6 scores of 50+. An average of 52 last year, strike rate of 91. Not sure where the 5 flops in a row followed by a hundred came from. Every other game he's scored at least 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread