Yuvraj Singh Best ODI Batsmen at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Cricket

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Today's 150 has again showed what kind of a batsman Gauti is. I stick by what I said. Yeah, you guys are right- Gayle, and Shiv are two great great batsman- maybe even equal to Gambhir's standards. But I think rating them above Gambhir will be disregarding Gauti's abilities. Just because Gauti's not a big name in intl cricket and he is not many months old in mainstream intl cricket does not mean that he's a bad player. You guys are still under-estimating Gauti's abilities. Just check his stats. It's like a six months old baby beating his father in a cricket match- these things happen very rarely in intl cricket. Gambhir is not what he was in 2004. He has changed completely. I am not being over-patriotic. All the adjectives I have used for Gauti, I think he deserves each one of them. Please, don't underestimate Gauti, if you can, buy a video CD of one of his innings and watch it- he's great, just great.

Last edited:

Precambrian

International Cricketer
Pietersen is mediocre in the subcontinent then.

If you are talking about ODIs, you do have a point. Gayle > Gambhir in ODIs that it is no joke. No-one is comparing Gambhir to Gayle FFS.

Anyways, Gambhir was consistent against all teams last year as compared to Gayle, whose records were inflated due to one exceptional series against Pakistan. (Note : Only test standard teams considered)

Gayle's

18d5ah.jpg

Gambhir's

4ui4xx.jpg

All I was saying that Gambhir is doing well in tests as well as ODIs not to be classified as a second choice player.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
V Sri-Lanka stat of Gauti will be edited soon as 150* :happy

Yuvi ? No he is a class T20 player

Gautam and Chanderpaul for me

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pietersen is mediocre in the subcontinent then.

James Anderson has a higher Test average than Yuvraj Singh in Australia. What's your point? Why on earth bring Pietersen into the discussion when we were talking about openers? =/ And as we're discussing Pietersen, he averages 48 in the subcontinent in ODi's. That a mediocre record as well?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'm lost.

The debate is either on:
A) Yuvi as an ODI batsman
B) Gambhir as an opener...in general?

So KP's test record shouldn't fit in either...

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Do you understand English or not?? It's just a joke joke joke. It's just a bloody hell joke. What I meant by that post was no English can ever be a fan of Yuvraj because what he did against Broad in the T-20 cup will remain indelible in their minds, forever. More clearly, no English can ever forget that 6 sixes incident. Am I clear know? I fail to understand where I abused you guys racially in that post. If you can point me out where I'll cut my head and throw it into the Ganges. This is so ridiculous!

And dare, one more thing, Chris Gayle has been dethroned, MSD is the new king. And if you compare MSD's stats with that of Gauti you'll clearly see who's the superior. The ICC ranking sys is so flawed that.....oh what can I say??? In this strange world of ICC, a man who has been scoring 50's, and 100's in almost all of his matches becomes the no 10th batsman, the 1st pos being grabbed by someone else. IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME OR IF YOU HAVE ANY CONFUSION JUST OPEN A SITE CALLED CRICINFO AND CHECK GAUTI'S STATS. JUST CHECK IT. And besides, PLEASE don't bring any false, meaningless, RIDICULOUS ACCUSATIONS against me!

Oh yeah, I have nightmares about it every night.

Anyway, what is this thread about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread