3d models for TAOC

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Re the lighting - there is not really much point getting nice lighting in your renders unless you're going to 'bake' the lighting onto the textures.

It would be interesting to know from LM whether he's thinking of having two different texture sets for day and night, or maybe 3 different sets for the day - morning session, afternoon session and evening session? It really depends on the lighting technology used (or usable) in the graphics engine...

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Just so you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth with regards to stadium modelling. Putting my money where my mouth is, so to speak.

Attachments

• geddes.jpg
    geddes.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 99

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
When texturing models should we just do the seat colours as some people have done or use a crowd texture similar to that in the screenshots on the updated site.

Thanks for this and your help with the earlier questions also

Tanmay

Club Captain
Yeah atlast i learned the UVW mapping technique and textured a single stand for colombo stadium.Some renders comments expected especially by LM,LC and JK,btw the textures are a bit low q because i'm not good in photoshop

35c0gn9.jpg

atq9vt.jpg

4sy7fq.jpg

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Your stadium seems to be lacking severely in detail.
I think its the best stadium ever made by us people. If you think that stadium is lacking every bit of detail then why don't you just make all the stadiums by yourself? You have to chill. I don't think he even textured 20% of the stadium and you think its missing details? Let me tell you one thing. I am not trying to be mean but i somewhat think that you think of yourself as the best 3d modeler in this forum but you are not. (not trying to be mean but just making a guess after looking at your posts). You should atleast let the stadium finish more that 50% and then start judging on it.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
I mean the model seems to lack detail, not the texturing.

I don't think I'm the best modeller on the forum. appu has done a really good J'berg stadium, and obviously JK and LM are very good. After them I would say I was next best based on what I've seen so far.

MS_Dhoni said:
You should atleast let the stadium finish more that 50% and then start judging on it.

The posts have been asking for my opinion and I gave it, based on the work shown so far. I'm not judging, I'm just giving an opinion which was asked for. If he wants to write "Opinions please except lazy_chesnut" then I'd be happy to not publicly opine.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
The Geddes Grant Stand at the Queen's Park Oval in Trinidad.

A snip at 303 triangles.

Attachments

• geddes5.jpg
    geddes5.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread