India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll find out come the Ashes just how good Australia is. That's when they'll pull out all the stops to put their best team on the field.

Have to feel for McCullum, he got yet another bad umpiring decision. His bat was no where near that really. Should be referrals in cricket, simple as that. We're going to be hard pressed to draw now. We don't need bad decisions. I think the rain deserves to come.

irottev added 54 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

And now Southee gets a bad one. :/

India win at appealing to be honest. It's time for technology.

this has been a pretty sad end to the series. both teams deserved more.

NZ deserved a proper shot at batting out the dasy and got all the bad luck. India have had their win a bit marred and yet I do feel most of their appeals have been legit, pity there is no referal system, even if that does sound unjustifiably optimistic.

Philip Hughes? Who's that? All these guys perform big against others but when it comes to India, they will start peeing in their pants. Ask him to come and play on the turning tracks in India.

India cannot win on Aussie soil when the umpires gang up against them (a'la Sydney). Also, you guys have not faced Dhoni with his current team in Australia (luckily you encountered Anil Kumble). We can also get into if's and but's. Kumble doesnt play a game and the very next match Dhoni captains, and we crush Australia by 320 runs at Mohali. Kumble is back and the next game is a draw where Kumble retires. Dhoni captains next game and we win again thereby making it 2-0. You havent faced Gambhir in his current form. When Dravid played in Australia, he was not in the form that he is now.

Yes you are correct thats why McKenzie scored 341's at 85.25 against them in a turning Indian tracks and failed both times in SA and in Australia.

Its good that you only remember decision going against Indian and have forgot that their were decision that went against Aussies and can you proof it that if Dhoni would have been the captain from the start they would have won it maybe India are lucky that he was not the captain otherwise they might have lost the series. If you are so confident about Gambhir's form than If Johnson in his current form would have destroyed Indians. Dravid is no more the player we used to know If he cant score a hundred against a bowling attack of Kiwis i doubt him getting a hundred against other teams.

And now Southee gets a bad one. :/

India win at appealing to be honest. It's time for technology.

If that technology is used correctly. From what we saw nothing guarantees that the decisions would have been reversed.

But I agree it has to be introduced full time and all the tools need to be given to the ump.

Well, 8 wickets is not bad. I didnt expect that (just came back from class to see we got 8 wkts). Tendulkar took 2 wkts??? Dhoni, give it more to this little master. You have always been under rating him so far.

Hope the weather clears up for those remaining 2 wkts but I am happy. @ chetan: NO! India have outplayed NZ in this match. We deserve the credit for this match no matter what happens from now.

People said before the series that this will be a defining series for India. Now they are saying that NZ arent a quality test team. I guess people are just not happy with India's success.

This works for two or three wrong decisions. But this is surely surely surely invalid when it comes to 12 wrong umpiring decisons. How can we win a test match if people claim dropped catches, accuse someone of a thing he has not done and umpires listen to them blindly. Not even a team of 11 Bradman's could have won the Sydney test under the circumstances India had to face.

So far we've had the wrongful dismissal of Taylor in the first innings and of McCullum and Southee in the second. Perhaps more than that, I haven't been watching closely. Cricinfo commentary team counts 12 wrong umpiring decisions in total - which exactly meets your criteria, King Cricket.

Clearly this has deprived NZ of a chance to win the match, giving India a lucky escape. In future, when referring to the series, we should treat it as having been drawn 1-1.

So far we've had the wrongful dismissal of Taylor in the first innings and of McCullum and Southee in the second. Perhaps more than that, I haven't been watching closely. Cricinfo commentary team counts 12 wrong umpiring decisions in total - which exactly meets your criteria, King Cricket.

Clearly this has deprived NZ of a chance to win the match, giving India a lucky escape. In future, when referring to the series, we should treat it as having been drawn 1-1.
I did'nt know that.

I agree with what you have said and I would be a hypocrite if I disagree. 12 wrong decisions? Thats awful considering Taufel is one of the on-field umpires.

Great the rain is in favor of the Kiwis :mad:

Please we need at least 2 hours of play to bowl them out as Vettori looks glued to the crease with great support from O'brien :(

It is very poor umpiring, although I only know about the three wrong decisions listed above and I'm not sure about the 9 others that Cricinfo are referring to. Could be a bit of hyperbole on their part.

New Zealand have been outplayed in this series but I really think they've punched above their weight with a young side that's showing a lot of promise. Hopefully Dhoni will go home and think about how to convert drawn test matches into wins. I believe he will - he's a fantastic captain with a positive approach to the game and a hunger for success. If he does, we could be in for some nail-biting Test matches over the next few years.

We were outplayed in games 1 and 3. We did dominate the second test though. 1-0 i'm thrilled with overall (presuming there's no play now). With India's side I expected worse!

Congratulations India for "dominating" to some Indian fans by winning a test series against a number 8 side by 1-0.

I guess Dhoni is just continuing the trend here. Dravid led us against ENgland in England for a 1-0 where we could have won the last test. Kumble led us against Pakistan and we had them at 140-6 on a 5th day minefield but we dominated to win 1-0. In India, Dhoni led us to win against England but then settled for a draw in the second match. And some Indian cricket fans, they call themselves, believe India have DOMINATED cricket for the past year or so. Some odis against crap teams like England and lanka doesnt mean dominate in Cricket as a whole. We got our ass handed to us in Lanka where we lose 2-1. Could have been 3-0 if it wasnt for Sehwag.

A true Cricket fan, admirer and follower will never wish for a failure of a player at least when two other sides than our home team is playing.:rolleyes:

I wish Sehwag hit's a six and the ball comes out of TV and smash your face.

Unless Sehwag turns into Hulk your dream will be .............

Users who are viewing this thread