Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes, I have this a few times. Poor bloke stands there all correctly, feeling chuffed with himself for getting back in time, with his team mate at the other end wondering why he's standing so smugly half way down the pitch and before he can shout out to him to get his arse moving he's trundling off to the dressing room and "the coaching manual" as Aggers phrased it.

Lol! Well, i gotta admit, getting the running between wickets stuff right is very difficult....there's a lot of scenarios to test and get working correctly. I can see how this bug could have crept in, but there's still no excusing it. Playtesting should have picked it up.

apoorv

Club Cricketer
guys if we dont do something about this run out and line and length bug then this game is going to be even biger disaster than the 2 previously released...............................

any news regarding codies fixing these bugs...............

plzzz guys give me a positive news........

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Also I just noticed, the game doesn't throw up an option of 1680x1050 resolution at me and I have to play at 1600x1024 with black bands. If this makes it to the final game I will be really pissed off.

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
there is no way they altered the code/ai to make it play as if it was a 3 over game that is way too complicated an time consuming.
An if they did they would of used the 1day or 20/20 mode an limited overs to 3 as it would require less work.

All they did was give us the game without other modes and limited overs to 3 in test match mode.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Also I just noticed, the game doesn't throw up an option of 1680x1050 resolution at me and I have to play at 1600x1024 with black bands. If this makes it to the final game I will be really pissed off.
Every resolution will be letterboxed to 16:9. They can't fit all the on screen information into 4:3 or 16:10, so the final game will do that too.

P

pcfan123

I just played a full innings on hard mode (bowling only). There were 4 run outs, none of them glitches, just risky runs. It felt like a real test innings and was completed quickly, not long enough to get boring.
Someone said that the number of overs per day has been reduced to make it a faster test. Is this true? I think it is a good idea to some extent.
Here is the scorecard. Judge for yourself if the lower order scores are bad AI or just an awesome tail wagging.

Also, KP took all 5 catches, most at point and one in the slips. Is this coincidence or a weird glitch

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 29

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Every resolution will be letterboxed to 16:9. They can't fit all the on screen information into 4:3 or 16:10, so the final game will do that too.
Yes but the black bands show that there is actually screen space getting wasted...

Either ways, I won't mind black bands but at least it should run in my native resolution! The jaggies get multi fold running it in a bizarre resolution.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I can understand your pain, its terribly annoying when games will support 16.9 but not 16.10.

Users who are viewing this thread