Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In my case the game does have an option to play at 1680X1050. But actually, I'm playing with 2 black bands at top and bottom of the screen!
I guess they would optimize it for final build.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In BLIC 07/05 you used to have to press another button, to make it swing, that does not seem to work any more.

It's really evident if you bowl as full as you can and press with either swing you want to the max (Keep pressing Q or E, varies on what swing you pick) and in no time Bob's your uncle.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
guys if we dont do something about this run out and line and length bug then this game is going to be even biger disaster than the 2 previously released...............................

any news regarding codies fixing these bugs...............

plzzz guys give me a positive news........

Even with these two bugs, this game is head and shoulders over BLIC 2007/2005. Those two do not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath. Anyway, I am sure they'll be fixed.

apoorv

Club Cricketer
i mentioned about previous games because we could manage to play a game with dual player or multi player.........
but if the run out bug exits then i m not sure that will be possible this time..................
because its not only ai who is struggling from this bug even i m at the recieving end........

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am a bit disappointed with the demo I hope the final release is some how better, it gets hanged at times (may be that is because of extended thing) but run outs are really silly. And how to catch I have no clue I droped about 5 and where to ball no clue.

drapes12

School Cricketer
Has anybody had the error of the bowler sometimes breaking the stumps with his leg at the non strikers end and if the ball is on track to hit stumps the batsman offers no shot and gets dismissed.
Funny stuff

arundracula

Club Cricketer
One time, when I played. I run for a single. The non-striker dived into the crease. The keeper stumped. It was not out I am sure 100%.
The umpire didn't even given to the third umpire and called out.

:banana2

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
PC forums are officially ridiculously moderated.

I posted a thread like this about a week ago and it was deleted by 'BarmyArmy' as it wasnt needed, reason: 'we should just stick to the original demo thread'. Any chance of a bit of consistency. This type of thread IS needed, just annoyed it takes so long to be allowed

Last edited:

sanu55

Club Cricketer
is playing with a 360degree controllers better than keyboard in the game.

i mean with the controllers , does the shot direction moves in a pre-assigned block direction like keyboard?

jonny1408

School Cricketer
I decided to go for a down the track shot a totally missed ( was messing with different shots) and keeper got it and threw a direct hit and got me out as batsman just stood there making no effort to return to the crease.

you need to press the cancel run button (B on 360) to return him to the crease.

kingofkings8183

School Cricketer
game just glitched out on me big time:doh

batsmen would stop running iin the middle of the pitch as if theyre safely in crease.also i could run them out.WTF?:eek:

check out the screens

Attachments

• glitch.jpg
    glitch.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 25
  • glitch2.jpg
    glitch2.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 21

kills999

Club Cricketer
im really pissed of by the thin screen(black bands) i hv a 4:3 LCD display as well making matters worse ,(even 800x600 has black bands lolz. :doh)

anyway the demo has serious pacing issues movements are very jerky, also i dunno if this is only my problem or not but i cant see the ball in trajectory i.e when its hit for six or four the ball disappears(or seems to) and i directly see the ball at the boundary or at fielders.

Also aiming the batting aim cone is very slow with keyboard and mouse isnt included....

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
game just glitched out on me big time:doh

batsmen would stop running iin the middle of the pitch as if theyre safely in crease.also i could run them out.WTF?:eek:

check out the screens

Even i faced the same issue. really frustrating and annoying in single player mode. :facepalm :doh

Users who are viewing this thread