Pakistan vs New Zealand @ UAE 2009

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aamir was not the one who got out though. It was more than just a chance innings, he did play some good shots and took the 1s and 2s. A very well balanced innings. Not like Southees 70 odd against England, that was a BS chance innings played when victory was impossible

Bitter much? That innings by Southee was awesome. His hits were clean. Nothing BS or lucky about it. The game was almost gone so he just went for everything without fear. You English still not over that?

Also I know Aamir didn't get out, I didn't say he did, I said the wicket came. Lets not downplay Ajmal, he played well at the other end. As a partnership they almost got there. I've only seen highlights of Aamir's innings, it looked great, he may become like Johnson and start contributing more, should be above Gul for sure, maybe even some of the others if he can prove himself again.

Oh and Yousuf not paying was a joke. I couldn't believe our luck when I heard about that before the game.What were they thinking.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well what can even yousaf do,when our muddle order is just throughing there wickets.
Aamir innings was not a simple chance innings,there was some technique in it and he always used to bat in nets when ever he gets time.
Well such drama's are routine by Pakistan but in the end I am happy with result after losing 7 for 87 with such a good start,you must have to loss because when ever you play so badly you should have to loss.
Selectors are experimenting too much,I think gul must be out for some time,if your strike bowler is doing bad then how you expect from other.Give him time to play domestic.
For me in Pakistan's Test side I would like to see Asif and Aamir at the start along with Razzaq.
We are wasting some of the good talent.I think for some time younis must have to sit and play domestic and anybody else captain the side for him.A captain without a form is a dead captain.

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
will we see another drama now in pakistan on match fixing now that they have lost???

Ari

International Cricketer
Well it turns out Franklin has been injured the whole time (and still is) so we were prehaps harsh on the selectors for staying with Broom. With Mills and Oram not playing either looks like a few guys will be getting another chance.

irottev

School Cricketer
Oh well, hopefully that's the last we see of Broom for a while. He'll probably get to play the T20s though and fair enough I guess.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
will we see another drama now in pakistan on match fixing now that they have lost???

Why do you seem to be ridiculing everything which is not `Australian` ?:facepalm

braguvaran

Club Cricketer
Why do you seem to be ridiculing everything which is not `Australian` ?:facepalm

Stop trying to be smart when you are not!!

You call this ridiculing?? iam talking about the reaction in pakistan after the champs trophy loss , when did it happen? it happened just before 20 days or so! I know that was silly and I dont want incidents like that to happen!!!
:facepalm

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
For the main New Zealand have bowled pretty well (Butler was poor). Both Bond and Southee bowled really well to begin with, Southee was swinging the ball away and seemed to beating the batsmen for pace on the odd occasion which was good to see. Redmond bowled really well too, he even gave the "Afridi" celebration a try when he got him out :laugh He did do something to his groin though and went of injured.

P

pcfan123

Surprised this thread is so quiet now that the Mickey Mouse leg of the tour has started. Guess not everyone likes 2020 :laugh

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
We're just too good of a T20 team :P

Kind of a given game this, there was hardly any competition from NZ. Hopefully, they'll give a better performance tomorrow.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup players are really used to to play this kind of cricket,hard luck for NZers.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
We're just too good of a T20 team :P

You guys though you were a good OD team, and we bet you with so many player's out. :p

I think this is our list of injured player's now:

Daniel Vettori
Jesse Ryder
Kyle Mills
Jacob Oram
James Franklin {I think he's out through injury}
Grant Elliot {Is back playing DOM cricket, but wasn't fit for the start of the tour}
Daryl Tuffey {Is back playing DOM cricket, but wasn't fit for the start of the tour}
Aaron Redmond

We just need Bond, McCullum and Guptill to go down...
And we will have our whole number one side out through injury...

irottev

School Cricketer
Buter has got to go, last series for him TBH. Same with Broom. I guess we can't help it with all the injuries. The other thing that annoys me with Butler is that he's stupposed to be a decent lower order batsman, that's yet to be seen.

I forgot this game was on, thought it was tomorrow morning, i'll watch highlights later on. Was too tired to get up for it anyway.

I'm really glad and impressed that Southee is doing well. I'm sure he's getting a lot out of playing in the squad with Bondy. It's good to see.

Last edited:

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I'm thinking we should bring Southee up the order ahead of N. McCullum, Butler and Bond...

He was the only middle/lower order batsmen that could hit the ball cleanly, even though he only hit two clean shots, one went for six and the other caught on the fence.

N. McCullum and Watling seemed like workers of the ball, not really big hitters for my liking in this form of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread