Psych-Ward Mafia - Night 4!!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Right, went with Aditya instead of Chewie because everyone seemed to be set on Chewie whilst Aditya was only posting in small snippets. Everyone seemed to be on Chewies back, so rather than investigate him, I went with Aditya for the reason that if he came up anti-town we could get rid of him but if he came up pro-town, which he did, we could then target Chewie throughout the day.

So, in conclusion: Aditya: Pro-town

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wish you had investigated me so I wouldn't have to go through the indignity of being targeted and interogated today.

This is BKBs words before he is killed at night.

BKB's comments were on the basis that I was playing a passive role which is hardly good justification for someone being mafia. He wasn't very sure either, and was not only suspicious of me but also of Riz. The main reason why I was playing a passive role back then was because I was quite confused on some of the arguments that were being made by people, and didn't understand them.

A defense from the mafia member in this game for chewie.

You should know that mafia often defend townies so that it seems that they themselves as townies. Also, by doing this suspicion is placed on the people they protect once they are revealed as mafia. Hedger was trying to do this with me, so that everyone would target me, as they have. And his 'defence' is that I have been active which is more an observation than anything else.

Notice the people hedger has accused. We know he is mafia.

He has accused 3 townies + Riz. I don't see the significance of this except that he is mafia. He also hasn't accused you. Or a number of other people here.

A slight defense from chewie for hedger (mafia). Notice he does add that hedger might be mafia (in italics) as an after thought. Maybe something to fall back on if he gets accused? ;)

I'm new, I don't want to be the one that people say played it wrong and lynched the wrong person. Because of this I like to give balanced arguments for and against people. I don't want others to rush to lynching Hedger, even though now we know he was mafia. What if he turned out not to be? We would have lynched another townie. I don't want things like this to happen.

Also notice that I kept my lynch of Hedger despite discussing this. I still felt Hedger was mafia, but wanted to put my thoughts out there. If I was mafia, this would have been a good opportunity to remove my lynch for Hedger due to uncertainty but I didn't.

This last quote joking as it might be, makes me uncomfortable. It seems like you are trying to portray a sort of innocence.

And that was because I honestly didn't know the answer to that question.

ARay

County Cricketer
I am going for my mid term.
I shall only be limping back because I know it will be super hard.
I shall give my inputs after my mid term. I have few fresh perspectives to give on the matter.

ARay

County Cricketer
I am honestly surprised about the lack of activity here.
Noone is making any effort to take this forward. This greatly pains me.
Okay so here is my assessment so far:
Aditya - townie (proved by Ollie)
User2010 - townie (proved by ollie)
Ollie - Townie Cop
Abhas - Null read (looks townie, but then he pulled out of the lynch of hedger during times of confusion)
Riz - Null read (he did place the hammer on hedger though)
Chewie- Null Read. Some of the quotes by him are quite interesting. While it could possible be they are coincidence, I am still not happy with it.

So in short.
Lynch: chewie

Chewie

BCCI President
Did you read my reply? I make an effort to answer your suspicions with perfectly sensible statements yet you don't reply to them and just go and lynch me straight away.'

Since we know Ollie, User and Aditya are townies then there are four people who haven't been confirmed by Ollie as townies - you, me, Riz and Abhas. I know I am a townie. Your suspicion of me makes me think that you could very wel be mafia. You are lynching me on the basis of a few quotes I made that you thought were suspicious, mostly me being confused about the mafia kills (which is a legitimate confusion for new players) and my confusion around Hedger/Ollie which I have explained above. This isn't enough grounds to lynch anyone and since you have done it so suddenly, for no apparent reason, this makes me incredibly suspicious of you. Lynch: ARay

Riz did put the hammer vote on Hedger, so this would lead me to think that he is townie. However, it is perfectly plausible he may have done this to make it seem like he is a townie when he is really mafia. He knew that Hedger was going to be killed this round anyway because of Ollie, so what better time to align yourself with the townies by lynching a certain kill. Riz hasn't been too assertive either in making his points.

Abhas has provided a lot of discussion earlier in the thread, but recently hasn't contributed much at all. As ARay said, he didn't vote Hedger which you would expect most townies to do. He also brought up the 'mafia aren't as active in the thread' point, while being very active himself, possibly as a disguise. His last post also seems like one where he is trying to act like a townie.

ARay

County Cricketer
Did you read my reply? I make an effort to answer your suspicions with perfectly sensible statements yet you don't reply to them and just go and lynch me straight away.'

Since we know Ollie, User and Aditya are townies then there are four people who haven't been confirmed by Ollie as townies - you, me, Riz and Abhas. I know I am a townie. Your suspicion of me makes me think that you could very wel be mafia. You are lynching me on the basis of a few quotes I made that you thought were suspicious, mostly me being confused about the mafia kills (which is a legitimate confusion for new players) and my confusion around Hedger/Ollie which I have explained above. This isn't enough grounds to lynch anyone and since you have done it so suddenly, for no apparent reason, this makes me incredibly suspicious of you. Lynch: ARay

Riz did put the hammer vote on Hedger, so this would lead me to think that he is townie. However, it is perfectly plausible he may have done this to make it seem like he is a townie when he is really mafia. He knew that Hedger was going to be killed this round anyway because of Ollie, so what better time to align yourself with the townies by lynching a certain kill. Riz hasn't been too assertive either in making his points.

Abhas has provided a lot of discussion earlier in the thread, but recently hasn't contributed much at all. As ARay said, he didn't vote Hedger which you would expect most townies to do. He also brought up the 'mafia aren't as active in the thread' point, while being very active himself, possibly as a disguise. His last post also seems like one where he is trying to act like a townie.

The answers to your points in bold are as follows
1) I did reply, if you read my comments about you. I am not happy with your replies.
2) I do have reason to suspect that you could very well be anti-town. I have already made some fair points about you. I should say that it Hurts that other people have not commented on how valid they might be or not be.
3) I should say you do have a good point about Riz that has also been at the back of my mind.
4) Abhas is another person who is also worrying me at the moment.

I should say that I am not god and I could be wrong. But among the choices available I decide you are the most suspicious person.

Honestly it is extremely difficult to get any info about Riz.
He hardly posts unless he has questions thrown at him.
This is why I shall ask Riz:
What are your opinions about Chewie? How valid do you think his arguments are?
What is your opinion about the possible psycho killer? Who do you think are most likely to the psycho?

Chewie

BCCI President
This is all you said about my reply to your accusations:
Some of the quotes by him are quite interesting. While it could possible be they are coincidence, I am still not happy with it.

And then you went on to lynch me nonetheless, without considering the validity of my arguments or why you still want to lynch me. Do you know the post I am referring to?

ARay

County Cricketer
This is all you said about my reply to your accusations:

And then you went on to lynch me nonetheless, without considering the validity of my arguments or why you still want to lynch me. Do you know the post I am referring to?

I think some of your points might have merit.
But here is exactly why I am lynching you.
1) Hedger only defended you of the players in this game.
2) While, Riz might be a good candidate as mafia. But I have reread the entire game again and noticed but he had been against hedger even before Ollie role claimed as a cop.
(while I do agree that it could be a ploy of mafia members accusing each other) But it does make me feel like riz is more townie at the moment.

I am up for lynching Riz or you today. Between the two , you are more suspicious to me. Which is why I lynched you and am going to keep my lynch till I am absolutely convinced that you are pro-town.

Ps-The inactivity by all the players wounds my heart :(

Chewie

BCCI President
Yes the inactivity is annoying.

Well I didn't lynch Varun which is something that a mafia would have done. If I had been mafia I would have jumped on the lynch bandwagon and followed everyone else in lynching him because it's fitting in with the townies and getting rid of a townie at the same time - Riz and Abhas both lynched him.

Hedger was most likely trying to fit in and get me on his side by protecting me. He wanted me to think that he wasn't mafia. When I lynched him I mentioned that I had been suspicious of him beforehand as well (though I suppose that's not really that great proof).

And why aren't you suspicious of Abhas? At the moment you are targetting Riz and I, but despite feeling that Abhas is a null read, you have decided to go for us two, despite the fact that Abhas didn't lynch Hedger.

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

The others could be inactive because they mafia and are enjoying us two townies attacking each other so much :spy

ARay

County Cricketer
And why aren't you suspicious of Abhas? At the moment you are targetting Riz and I, but despite feeling that Abhas is a null read, you have decided to go for us two, despite the fact that Abhas didn't lynch Hedger.

It might be a flimsy reason, but I honestly feel the mafia might be an inexperienced player. He went after the cop despite the fact that there is a possibility that a doctor would protect him.
Abhas is an experienced player and would unlikely to go after ollie, but try to hit the doctor first.
But then again, it could also be abhas thought, there was only one doctor (as MAD was killed) and hence targeted ollie.

Chewie

BCCI President
That makes sense. The doctor would always protect the cop once he's been revealed so there isn't any point in targeting the cop the round after he has been revealed. The psychologist has been revealed but there was nothing in his outline about protecting people so it would make sense that there is still a doctor out there.

MaD's outline talked about a 'schizophrenic'. I would guess that there are two non-townies left, one mafia member (who may be a role-blocker) and the schizophrenic. I'm not sure what the schizophrenic's role could be though, because he was able to be converted (at the start at least).

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Lynch : Chewie
I am pretty sure that ARay is a townie. I don't have much time to explain, so yeah it leaves Chewie and Riz. Out of these I feel Chewie is the one.

Chewie

BCCI President
I don't think you should jump to lynching me without very good reasons. So far all you have is that this is my first time playing and that Hedger defended me once. You conveniently overlook things like the fact I was the second person to lynch Hedger, and didn't change my point of view even when he defended himself (which a mafia member would) and I didn't lynch Varun who was a townie (which a mafia member would have seen as the perfect opportunity to lynch a townie)

ARay

County Cricketer
You conveniently overlook things like the fact I was the second person to lynch Hedger, and didn't change my point of view even when he defended himself (which a mafia member would) and I didn't lynch Varun who was a townie (which a mafia member would have seen as the perfect opportunity to lynch a townie)

That is quite interesting chewie, which has faulty logic that I would like to point out.
You might have been the second person to lynch hedger, but it only could be that you lynched hedger because Ollie role claimed cop. (Fellow Mafia members would be forced to lynch their own members, not doing so would be the death of them)
Especially if the defense is not solid enough fellow mafia members would be hesitant to remove their lynch because it would attraction (like abhas has done by unlynching he has come under my radar again - which forces me to have a null read on him. Because he has been acting pro town and anti town).
For varun, only one more vote was needed for hammer (as 5 members had already voted). Hypothetically if you were mafia with hedger. If hedger hammered, you would not have any reason to vote varun.

Users who are viewing this thread