Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Either way- whichever team loses the match on the 24th, they will lose their captain as well. If the Aussies lose, Ponting will go and if India lose, Dhoni will go on the back of some poor decisions and a great run of bad form.

Gonna be great-two blundering out of form skippers marshalling thier resources around in a high-profile match. :D

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I can't believe how some Indians are going against Dhoni. He is the captain who lead you to a series draw in South Africa. :facepalm

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I never went against Dhoni but if you see his recent performances with the bat, they have been very poor. Agreed that he has tremendous leadership qualities, but you gotta perform to be in the side.

I have absolutely no problem with him and his place in the team, but its high time he finds his rhythm back.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Id beg to differ, Dhoni is the best captain we have as of now, Gauti and Viru cant replace him as a skipper and by and large, good or bad form, he is still the best wicketkeeper batsman we have. Even though a captain is only as good as his team (which Ricky seems to be finding out the hardway)...Dhoni is my fave skipper for sure.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I can't believe how some Indians are going against Dhoni. He is the captain who lead you to a series draw in South Africa. :facepalm

Its not surprising, for many fans in India its enough to lose 1 series or fail in 1 series to be dropped out of the side or sacked as captain irrespective of his class and capabilities. You'll see the same fans praising those players as god when they are back in form. Yuvraj for example.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
We did our job, lets see if India can match up ;)

As for Dhoni, I think he is one of the top 3 captains in the world right now. Yea I have heard loads of criticisms from Indian members here, but Its hard to find who exactly it was.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Dhoni is a fighter captain what I have observed. There is no better captain than him in the indian team. Infact he is one of the best captains in the world of cricket teams.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah true but personally i don't see too much mistakes in Dhoni"s way of Captaincy

you dont see too many mistakes because he simply doesnt do anything.
hes a very defensive and a reactive captain. his forte is chasing the ball.

his batting has been horrible for god knows how long and since lady luck is not favoring him too much these days, he is facing some heavy flak and rightly so.

cant even slog properly anymore........

----------

another reason is that he just doesnt trust his bowlers nor does he come up with any plan whatsoever. its always zaheer planning the bowling strategies (as admitted by him).

and ridiculing your team-mate in front of the media is just BAD! both as a captain AND as a person. Yes, i am talking of his dislike for Sreesanth. if you have a problem with him, sort it out in the dressing room. no need to make your hatred so public.

Last edited:

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Dhoni scored 108 off just 64 in the 2nd warmup against NZ on Feb 16. He's not in bad touch at all. (Yes, it's just a warmup match, but just cause its a warmup match doesn't mean it's easier to hit the ball or that NZ weren't bowling hard)

And let's analyze his WC:

vs BAN: DNB
vs ENG: 31 off 25
vs IRE: 34 off 50
vs NED: 19* off 40
vs SA: 12* off 21
vs WI: 22 off 30

He didn't even bat against BAN, didn't really get a shot against SA, and saved us from the embarrasment of a really close game against NED. He also played a very good innings against ENG (considering when he came in), and a solid one against IRE (once again saving us from the embarrasment of a close game). He's only had 1 really bad outing, and that was against WI.

He's averaging about 40, not bad at all considering he has come in in pretty uncomfortable batting situations in all his innings.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Who should the captain then for India?? I guess Dhoni is receiving the punishment of bringing Nehra for the final over against South Africa.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Who should the captain then for India?? I guess Dhoni is receiving the punishment of bringing Nehra for the final over against South Africa.

if you see my track record, i was NEVER a fan of dhoni's captaincy.

and its not just about that final over. who on earth will give the strike
to munaf patel and ashish nehra with dale steyn steaming in ??

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
you dont see too many mistakes because he simply doesnt do anything.
hes a very defensive and a reactive captain. his forte is chasing the ball.

his batting has been horrible for god knows how long and since lady luck is not favoring him too much these days, he is facing some heavy flak and rightly so.

cant even slog properly anymore........

----------

another reason is that he just doesnt trust his bowlers nor does he come up with any plan whatsoever. its always zaheer planning the bowling strategies (as admitted by him).

and ridiculing your team-mate in front of the media is just BAD! both as a captain AND as a person. Yes, i am talking of his dislike for Sreesanth. if you have a problem with him, sort it out in the dressing room. no need to make your hatred so public.

:thumbs Spot on mate. Captain should be backing up his player. Dada would never humiliate Sree in front of media. He might scold him in dressing room but out there on the field and in from of media he would back him up. This is what a good captain should do.

Users who are viewing this thread