Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ross, would you mind elaborating a bit on the creation tool?

I understand we are able to edit players, but can we edit team names? Can we create new divisions of teams (say I wanted to create the NSW premier cricket league)? And can these divisions be assigned below a domestic competition? So for selection players can be picked from premier cricket sides?

All the weather stuff and sun movement sounds incredible.

Finally, what sort of timeline are you operating on? I know you aren't going to tell us a release date, but what can we expect in terms of screenshots and videos?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Personally, I've got quite a bit of faith in this game, probably more than AC13 tbh. Having played AFL Live 2011, I can confirm that the player editor is epic. You can recreate a face almost perfectly. I'm really not too fussed about the licences, especially with such a great editor. A fake BBL would be fantastic though. On the gameplay side of things, I'll really be hoping for some decent test matches, hopefully around the quality and length of those for IC10. Screenshots look great, career mode sounds awesome, so the longevity of the game sounds like its there before its even released. Everything will eventually boil down to the gameplay, how realistic and fun it is. Just a quick question Ross, will we be able to share rosters as simply as IC10? Loved your work with AFL Live btw and the commitment to the series with the GOTY Edition :)

I know if you're an AFL fan it's not likely you'd have interest in RLL2 but you should check the player editor video (there's links above), lot better than the AFL one and the Cricket is better again.

Sharing player rosters and created players couldn't be simpler, you meet a team online and you automatically have their team saved in your custom team list. You can then use the team as is, modify it, or take individual players out into your own side.

----------

Ross, would you mind elaborating a bit on the creation tool?

I understand we are able to edit players, but can we edit team names? Can we create new divisions of teams (say I wanted to create the NSW premier cricket league)? And can these divisions be assigned below a domestic competition? So for selection players can be picked from premier cricket sides?

All the weather stuff and sun movement sounds incredible.

Finally, what sort of timeline are you operating on? I know you aren't going to tell us a release date, but what can we expect in terms of screenshots and videos?

You can make teams, competitions, edit both player and team names.

I'll answer what I can, there are some things we need to keep up our sleeves, we'll be saving the best we have for last :)

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Ross, are you planning on putting all the screenshots you have released thus far on your official BigAnt website? Don't you think it's time to update the Cricket page?! :yes

timchrist984

Club Captain
@timchrist984 - did AFL live have an easy way of installing new kits/faces/logos etc?

Unfortunately not, there were a decent number of preset kit designs and colour combinations in game though. 18 Custom team slots and 700 odd created player slots, but no way of importing custom graphics in from outside the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Ross, are you planning on putting all the screenshots you have released thus far on your official BigAnt website? Don't you think it's time to update the Cricket page?! :yes

Yeah, we know it's embarrassing :( - I expect that to change very, very soon.

The second screenshot hasn't appeared anywhere but here so far. For now it's an exclusive for Planet Cricket :)

timchrist984

Club Captain
I know if you're an AFL fan it's not likely you'd have interest in RLL2 but you should check the player editor video (there's links above), lot better than the AFL one and the Cricket is better again.

Sharing player rosters and created players couldn't be simpler, you meet a team online and you automatically have their team saved in your custom team list. You can then use the team as is, modify it, or take individual players out into your own side.

----------

You can make teams, competitions, edit both player and team names.

I'll answer what I can, there are some things we need to keep up our sleeves, we'll be saving the best we have for last :)

Yeah, not a huge fan of rugby league lol, might get the game once the price drops a bit just to get an idea of what BA Cricket will be like. Roster sharing feature sounds sick, tons easier than having to transfer around ps3 save files like IC10. Thanks for the quick reply, cheers.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Unfortunately not, there were a decent number of preset kit designs and colour combinations in game though. 18 Custom team slots and 700 odd created player slots, but no way of importing custom graphics in from outside the game.

Yep, would have to agree there. I think the editor itself was good, particularily for player likeness, but there was no way to get them off the system and share them.

AFL was our second generation editor, the third gen in RLL2 allows downloadind (via sharing online), Cricket will be the fourth gen and includes better sharing again.

timchrist984

Club Captain
Sounds sooo good. Another question though, what are we looking at in terms of online features? Will it just be single H2H matches and private matches like AFL Live or will there be more in depth online modes like FIFA?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Sounds sooo good. Another question though, what are we looking at in terms of online features? Will it just be single H2H matches and private matches like AFL Live or will there be more in depth online modes like FIFA?

Every mode in Cricket has an online option, it is head to head or co-operative (all player controller selection screens have an online selection also).

There are also online tournaments.

It would be an outrageous claim to say it would have the depth of FIFA or Madden (over time maybe but not for this release).

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
(all player controller selection screens have an online selection also).

What do you mean by this? :)

And what do you mean you cant make it up to the same standards as FIFA or Madden?? They've only had 15 or so goes at it! :rolleyes

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
What do you mean by this? :)

And what do you mean you cant make it up to the same standards as FIFA or Madden?? They've only had 15 or so goes at it! :rolleyes

Most games have a controller select screen that is "local" we have a controller select screen that allows inclusion of players across the internet. I will get a screen from our Rugby Game tomorrow to show you what I mean. For example, lets say you are in Career mode and a friend messages you that he wants to play, well you can just add him into the Career mode game you are playing.

Well, I need to make sure I set expectations, we will release the best Cricket game to date (we've made the best AFL and the best Rugby League), but we won't be at the level of FIFA/Madden for a little while yet :p

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online tournaments sounds epic!! Actually gives you an aim when playing online XD

Yep. I am looking forward to a "best in the world" tournament sponsored by us as the first big competition.

SpiderSlatts

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Most games have a controller select screen that is "local" we have a controller select screen that allows inclusion of players across the internet. I will get a screen from our Rugby Game tomorrow to show you what I mean. For example, lets say you are in Career mode and a friend messages you that he wants to play, well you can just add him into the Career mode game you are playing.

Well, I need to make sure I set expectations, we will release the best Cricket game to date (we've made the best AFL and the best Rugby League), but we won't be at the level of FIFA/Madden for a little while yet :p

Ohhhhhhh, that is AWESOME. So I'm guessing it works a bit like Napoleon Total War in allowing you to play a career/campaign against drop in opponents online? I've actually always wanted FIFA to have this for their career mode, so maybe they can take a leaf out of BigAnt's book :clap

Users who are viewing this thread