FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Discussion Thread

Who will win FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP 2013?????

• Spain

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazil

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Japan

• Nigeria

• Uruguay

• Mexico

• Tahiti

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Great Start!!!!

Brazil is on fire.They won by 3-0 against Japan.But the big matches are coming up.The clash of Titans :D

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Guys Poll is added to this thread.Please vote your best.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Giaccherini is indeed Prandelli's pet. Not worthy of a place in the Azzurri XI, but not worthy of the hatred either - very versatile, well disciplined, excellent work rate. His runs upfront aren't non-intelligent either, just doesn't have a finish to back the same. I was more concerned about Marchisio playing hide and seek yesterday than anything else - went completely invisible.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
This has been an entertaining tournament so far, but I have a question about how teams get invited to the tournament. Tahiti haven't won anything have they (how could they - they're terrible). What's the point of a team being in a tournament simply to provide everyone else with a goal difference boost? They shipped six vs Nigeria; it could've been double that number easily, and next they play Spain. Since Tahiti are there, it's clearly not limited to those who have won their 'local' International tournament (or the World Cup). ;)

A new goalscoring record for International matches is a distinct possibility. ;)

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I actually looked into it, and Tahiti have got in by winning the "Nations Cup"... the Oceania equivalent to the Euros.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I actually looked into it, and Tahiti have got in by winning the "Nations Cup"... the Oceania equivalent to the Euros.

The Oceania Nations Cup that they won was an absolute farce. They had one pitch and played 16 games on it in 10 days, and it was nothing better than your local park. All of the the games were during the heat of the day which played right into all of the Pacific Island team's hands, and the standard of reffing was pretty terrible. For the substitutions they didn't even have an electronic board, they just had paper with the numbers on. We did play horribly so I'm not making any excuses for us not winning it, but it was pretty atrocious for FIFA to sanction something like that.

You only really have to look at the world cup qualifying table to see where the teams are really at. Tahiti finished on 3 points with 1 win in their 6 matches, and we won all 6 of our games, 5 of them by 2+ goals.

They probably won't show it here at the Confed's Cup, but in their WC qualifying game against us down here Tahiti were real thugs. The pretty much spent the whole game trying to take our players out, and the reffing was again very average.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Damn Neymar potentially finally living up to his hype. IMO he has never played better than in the last two games. Will be interesting to how he plays vs Brazil & a potential clash versus En Espanyol..

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Sooooo... how badly are Tahiti going to get thrashed today? 10-0? 15-0? It could easily have been 10-0 the other day and that was only against Nigeria.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm predicting 1-0.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This has been an entertaining tournament so far, but I have a question about how teams get invited to the tournament. Tahiti haven't won anything have they (how could they - they're terrible). What's the point of a team being in a tournament simply to provide everyone else with a goal difference boost? They shipped six vs Nigeria; it could've been double that number easily, and next they play Spain. Since Tahiti are there, it's clearly not limited to those who have won their 'local' International tournament (or the World Cup). ;)

A new goalscoring record for International matches is a distinct possibility. ;)

This is how the teams qualified for the Confederations Cup:

Brazil - next World Cup hosts
Italy - European Championship runners-up
Japan - Asian Cup winners
Mexico - Gold Cup winners
Nigeria - African Cup of Nations winners
Spain - World Cup & European Championship winners
Tahiti - Oceania Nations Cup winners
Uruguay - Copa America winners

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is how the teams qualified for the Confederations Cup:

Brazil - next World Cup hosts
Italy - European Championship runners-up
Japan - Asian Cup winners
Mexico - Gold Cup winners
Nigeria - African Cup of Nations winners
Spain - World Cup & European Championship winners
Tahiti - Oceania Nations Cup winners
Uruguay - Copa America winners

Fair enough; that clears it up I guess. We won't be seeing England at a Confederations Cup any time soon then. ;)

So - 10-0 to Spain; it could've been a lot worse for Tahiti.

Users who are viewing this thread