FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 Discussion Thread

Who will win FIFA CONFEDERATIONS CUP 2013?????

• Spain

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brazil

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Japan

• Nigeria

• Uruguay

• Mexico

• Tahiti

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Fair enough; that clears it up I guess. We won't be seeing England at a Confederations Cup any time soon then. ;)

So - 10-0 to Spain; it could've been a lot worse for Tahiti.

And obviously as Spain won both the World Cup and the Euros the available place in the tournament went to Italy, runners-up. They got there ahead of the Netherlands (World Cup runners-up) as it was deemed that 2012 is more relevant to 2010.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
And obviously as Spain won both the World Cup and the Euros the available place in the tournament went to Italy, runners-up. They got there ahead of the Netherlands (World Cup runners-up) as it was deemed that 2012 is more relevant to 2010.

No. Italy got a confed cup place simply as the EURO runners up because Spain as we know took up two places being w-cup and EURO 2012 winners. Netherlands were never in the equation.

----------

Why Are Brazilians Protesting the World Cup? | The Nation

This is looking a bit serious. Got me rethinking whether i should make the trip to the world cup next year.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No. Italy got a confed cup place simply as the EURO runners up because Spain as we know took up two places being w-cup and EURO 2012 winners. Netherlands were never in the equation.
I made it sound like they considered it. They didn't, but the reason is essentially as I said. By winning the World Cup in 2010, Spain qualified for the Confederations Cup so whoever lost to Spain in the Euro 2012 final would qualify for the CC.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
So, this is what Neymar is all about! Some amazing play by him in this game, and the game itself has really woken up in the second half! Incidentally, did you know Neymar's only 8st 6lbs - I'm sure that's what they said in commentary.

And I'll tell you what guys, if the World Cup is anything like this tournament, it's going to be absolutely amazing. :)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes, if you ignore the ugly scenes going on outside the grounds, the quality of the football has been very high. Just the tonic to a summer without league action.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Spain are not a given to win this, not by any stretch; had Nigeria a player who knew how to put the thing in the net, they would've not only beaten Spain, but beaten them easily.

Hopefully my 'other' team - Italy - can put an end to the Spanish juggernaut. :)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Balotelli and Abate both ruled out for the reminder of the tournament. Such a shame. Pirlo doubtful as well. Gilardino to start upfront. Should be a walk in the park for Spain now. :(

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Balotelli and Abate both ruled out for the reminder of the tournament. Such a shame. Pirlo doubtful as well. Gilardino to start upfront. Should be a walk in the park for Spain now. :(

Ah. Scrap my previous statement in that case. :facepalm That's going to ruin the rest of the tournament.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
On the fire hosts Brazil are 1 step away from the cup.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
On the fire hosts Brazil are 1 step away from the cup.

You've got a bit of a problem because two of 'your' teams are in the final; whoever will you support?
:lol

Edit: My other team (Italy - I'm half Italian) blew it big time yesterday. How Italy aren't in the final is beyond me. Now Spain will win. Again. :rolleyes

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Edit: My other team (Italy - I'm half Italian) blew it big time yesterday. How Italy aren't in the final is beyond me. Now Spain will win. Again. :rolleyes

Spain got lucky damn. Italy were all over them in the first half - Maggio with such a bad miss albeit an excellent game. Hope Brazil beat Spain now.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I don't think so; Spain are most unlikely to play that badly two games in a row. I hope it goes all the way to penalties, with Brazil winning.

Then again, as Vialli's saying right now, Spain had a gruelling tie against Italy that went all the way, Brazil have had an extra day off and of course, they're the home team.

So ummm... Forza Brazil! Or something. :D

Users who are viewing this thread