Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

AdamFreeman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just wanted to add that yesterday I had quite the test match with England facing Australia on IC2010. I cant bowl on the game as the AI can hit the ball anyway in unrealistic ways and the batting is quite arcadey but I enjoyed the match anyway.

A few issues I want to bring upabout the batting, sometimes when the balls wide of offstump and you play a cut theres a very narrow time window to get the shot right although in reality its a good shot to play to a wide ball, is this sorted so the timings got a bigger window for correct shots?

srk121

International Coach
Guys, take a breath...........Over the last two years we built a lot of HD content and other stuff for the game. Some of it was deferred to DLC, some was confirmed for the initial release of the game and some was plain put on hold do to tight time constraints due to the Ashes UK tour dates and scheduled game release. Now that we have more time we are using the month of August to substantiate what goes in the game or not. Until we are 100% sure of what works and what meets our requirements and contributes to a good cricket game overall we won't be releasing details. Therefore, I repeat my message ALL will be revealed in September and thank you for showing such passion for our up-coming AC2013 game in November! I hope we can now get over this "feed frenzy" for information ASAP and simply let us get on with the tasks at hand which for us is build a game we can all be satisfied with and above all enjoy playing Ashes cricket.

And... that is the difference between trickstar and bigant communications. Why cant the answers from trickstar be straigh forward. Since mike has joined the mantra have been "honest" answers.... however none of your answers are "honest". The game will be nothing but money grabber and that is the truth.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I do hope Mike that you're not comparing your sub standard 'player editor' to Big Ants 'Cricket Academy' because there are no comparisons.

D

Dutch

I take issue with people calling Mike a round and out liar.

Even though we can be critical of the process here I think we still have to show some respect towards someone personally.

We love cricket because of the spirit in which it is played.

Yes it is infuriating how somethings are being presented and one can have the sense of things being more slippery than an eels vaseline jar but as has been said before personal abuse towards anyone is trolling and unacceptable.

I for one am once again going to give Mike the benefit of the doubt. I will hold off with passing judgement on the Facebook thing until September when everything is revealed.

I will however not forget what has been said.

Mike I hope you don't let yourself and your company down even more than this sorry process has already done.

A question I asked about the quality of the Facebook page and the official forum still hasn't been answered. Can you shed some light on what is being done to give both a more professional and positive content?

srk121

International Coach
Dutch! Agreed to all the points you have said, however my issue here is the way things are being communicated to us, Mike was suppose to give "honest" answers. clearly that has not been the case.

I am not for once blaming Chief when he was around answer to our questions, even at that point all seemed gray! and there was no clear vision as to what trickstar were trying to achieve. Chief however never made as bold statement at mike have done on facebook.

the only question i want to ask mike why did you post those comments? i do not want to know when you going to release, or when the information will flow, the only question i have is why did you post those comments of fb?

To me this is just another way to swaying people away from DBC14. I hope to get an "honest" answer.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I take issue with people calling Mike a round and out liar.

If you take a long look at how the posts have gone on this thread, you'll see that everyone hated trickstar for not telling us about the delays. Then when mike came here it was all "welcome mike, can I fluff your pillow for you"? Then when it seemed the "popular" thing to do was badmouth trickstar again, BAM that's what people did!
You will find many people will call mike a liar because they are jumping on the bandwagon. To many people on here are scared to say what they really feel in fear of being "unpopular". (I'm looking at you 79cricket)
You need to bare one very simple sentence in mind Dutch.........
"We would have released this as a cash in if we were not forced to delay". Mike fegan does not for one nanosecond want to make this game great for everyone. That very sentence of his proves it. They are delaying it because 505 didn't want to put their name on such a poor product. He knows it, you know it, everyone knows it.

srk121

International Coach
If you take a long look at how the posts have gone on this thread, you'll see that everyone hated trickstar for not telling us about the delays. Then when mike came here it was all "welcome mike, can I fluff your pillow for you"? Then when it seemed the "popular" thing to do was badmouth trickstar again, BAM that's what people did!
You will find many people will call mike a liar because they are jumping on the bandwagon. To many people on here are scared to say what they really feel in fear of being "unpopular". (I'm looking at you 79cricket)
You need to bare one very simple sentence in mind Dutch.........
"We would have released this as a cash in if we were not forced to delay". Mike fegan does not for one nanosecond want to make this game great for everyone. That very sentence of his proves it. They are delaying it because 505 didn't want to put their name on such a poor product. He knows it, you know it, everyone knows it.

Is there any point giving them any benefit of the doubt! I do not think so. Unless mike answers our questions genuinely.

D

Dutch

Is there any point giving them any benefit of the doubt! I do not think so. Unless mike answers our questions genuinely.

I can jump high or low, bad mouth someone, make myself look like a Richard the Third and I will still get no answer from Mr Fegan........I will wait and see what he says in September......he holds all the cards in this regard......

As you can see from my own posts I have been very very forthright and critical but I cannot call him a liar in my opinion. Nor would I wish to do so.

I will compare what he comes with in the Great Revelation in September and compare that to what he has said here. Truth can wait a long time. She always shows herself in the end.

I am sure Mike meant the comment about releasing and cash cow in a different way than it is being portrayed above.

Time will tell..........

Last edited by a moderator:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

There's no harm in waiting till September as it's 4 weeks away and TBH with Big Ant embarking on their marketing campaign the time will fly away. Bashing Mike wouldn't serve any constructive purpose coz he very well knows he needs to deliver in a month's time else AC13 goes kaput.

D

Dutch

Care to comment Mike?

Mike?

Communicating with the community and all that.......you know, Planet Cricket offering you a free platform to promote your game and all that, in exchange for good, honest answers and a bit of banter......Mike?

Game made by fans , for the fans and all that.

Wanting to rebuild damaged relationships and build a new trusting partnership and all that.

The last three or four pages tend to show that that hasnt quite been achieved yet.

I will accept you saying that you cannot or will not reveal the full features until September, neither confirming or denying the facebook comment, but I truly fail to see why you cannot enter into a conversation about why things go the way they do, what your real intentions are with the community and this platform and how a real trust can be developed again between us and you.

Since September last year we have been told countless times that things would be shown soon, that things couldnt be revealed yet, but soon, to hang on in there, to have faith.

Why bother coming into contact with us if you are not willing to play on a truly level playing field?

You will find that we are decent, passionate, mostly intelligent, well mannered people who will support someone through thick and thin.

But we dont like being taken for a ride, and a bad one at that, and that is the way it feels for many people here. We are not all 13 year old kids satisfied with one liners or starstruck because the great developer chooses to speak with us.

If it is real contact with the community you are looking for, if that is really your wish, then be truly frank and honest with us. Dont fob us off with oneliners.

We have heard too many of them, too many times.

I will just continue my little monologue as that is what it appears to be but at least no one can say some of us didnt go the extra 100 miles to make it easy for you to enter into conversation.

It has been said many times that many of us, perhaps all of us here would have accepted, with some moaning, but with genuine support if there had been a truly transparent process around things.

Now you say that the decision to cancel the release of the game in june was based on a desicion of a week before the release date and that it had taken so long for us to know. I.e a few days before release because 505 had to give permission.

Surely if the game was to have released on 21st of June the submission to Sony and Microsoft would have already have had to taken place weeks before hand......therefore surely you must have known well before then that you could not make the release?

This kind of loose end is a good example of why there is little trust and why very little has to happen for that trust to be damaged again. So many unclear and unanswered things that leads one to think.....what is going on?

Another loose end is the whole features debacle. On the one hand we are told the game is absolutely unfit to be released and carry the Ashes name with any dignity. The next moment the game is gong to outshine The Don himself......how is this possible?

We are told that bugs are still being destroyed, items still have to be switched on, DLC units added to the finished product, memory leaks halted and yet the feature list will match and outdo the great Don.....how is this possible?

You wished to engage in honest dialogue and yet your answers are the same company rhetoric we hear day in day out on the twitter account or in the forum itself.....hang on in there, stay tuned, hold your breath. How is this possible?

To cap it all WE are then said to be impatient, mistrustful, goading, not willing to accept an answer......WE are then put in the position of being spoilt little brats unable to understand the grown up intricities of the modern world and its unfathomable processes.

I really want to believe in your integrity, your pride as a developer. Sure you are after sales. No problem and I know that you dont come on here to glean the few 100 copies we will buy as members ( or maybe that is your sole intention after all, not that it is going well I fear) compared to the thousands others who have never heard of PC will buy.......why come here then?

If your intention is to build community, trust etcetera, it isnt working that well and I dont think that is down to our unwillingness to listen and understand and ultimately support......what is it then down to?

Ah well, guess Mike had better things to do..............

Last edited by a moderator:

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Hey Dutch!! Try asking "Can we play a cricket match in AC13?" or something on those lines to get him back to answering. Something that simple. :lol

...we have team mode and all that.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Can we play switch shot in AC13?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do I need a controller to play Michael Clarke and More Ashes Cricket 2013?

Users who are viewing this thread