Linking Players / Teams

Oh that sounds great.

I have a full list of Austrailan Domestic teams/players accurate as of this week if you need it!

So we don't need to download other people teams until we get the game?

Or do we do all this downloading/replacing now, and when we get the game, log in to server and all the teams appear in the game, replacing the in disk teams?

Also for the teams I have made, 1 is just my local club and the others a just made up (not real world) I won't need to do any linking as they're not gonna be on disk anyway?

Last edited:

Or do we do all this downloading/replacing now, and when we get the game, log in to server and all the teams appear in the game, replacing the in disk teams?

Chances are you won't even need to log in to the server to download the teams when you get the game. Most probably it would be as simple as selecting "Replace team with best rated team" menu item in the game. You would already have a psn or xbox id so shouldn't be a need to log in to the servers explicitly.

Also for the teams I have made, 1 is just my local club and the others a just made up (not real world) I won't need to do any linking as they're not gonna be on disk anyway?

Correct, no need to download now, unless you just want to edit what others have done or put teams together for upload.

Correct on the linking also.

Only issue with that is that some of the best rated teams/players are actually fairly innacurate

Chances are you won't even need to log in to the server to download the teams when you get the game. Most probably it would be as simple as selecting "Replace team with best rated team" menu item in the game. You would already have a psn or xbox id so shouldn't be a need to log in to the servers explicitly.

Correct.

----------

Yeah, unfortunately linking to the wrong players will cause things to be a mess where people have to guess which player was originally which.

We will keep adding linkable players.

And too get my own teams off the server I just search and download??

This is mental, you people are friggin geniuses!!!! To me a square root is a bunk up in a corner!!!

Correct, no need to download now, unless you just want to edit what others have done or put teams together for upload.

Correct on the linking also.

Thanks for your time, appreciate your patience!!

And too get my own teams off the server I just search and download??

This is mental, you people are friggin geniuses!!!! To me a square root is a bunk up in a corner!!!

If you have created a team on the server, or have an existing CA account, there might be an option for you to link your current account to your psn or xbox id from the console. You should only be using your user-id/passwd from a PC, not from the console.

I'm sure Ross & co. will share more details going forward but I don't see folks logging in using a user-id & passwd from consoles.

^^ That is really not possible in any way.

Ross, a request for an option...while downloading a team, let us choose whether we want it linked or not to the ondisc team. currently it forces us to link to something.

Alright...bug time....pressing Z indeed crashes the academy without any warning.

A huge bug...after you said I should not link different players with each other, i unlinked all my teams....then unlinked the players individually. Now I have ended up with two australian side both of which has default players and my created players no where to be seen. :( Tried to download my team again but like I mentioned, it does not let me JUST download the team without linking anything.

Edit: My created players are still available under free agents...but I am not sure what can be the best way to get them back in to the created team and then linked to the default team.

Last edited:
Can you go back to a backup?

Don't unlink the teams, just the players that are not right.

Well problem is i do not remember which players i linked to the incorrect ones.

And nope, messed up the backup as i thought nothing can go wrong now. It's alright. I have figured out a way. Takes a few minutes but gets the job done.

Question, even if i unlink the player....that created player gets removed from the team and stays as a free agent while the original player stays in the default team. Now i can add the created player back to the team. But what should i do with the original player? Delete him? Remove from the team?

Original players used to get removed during team link. Can't do that anymore as the created teams arent there anymore.

My apologies...should have created a backup of the backup...:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread