Linking Players / Teams

definitely with corey anderson (new zealand player), prisky's creation, i didn't need to do anything; when i downloaded him, it asked what aspects of c. atkinson i wanted to replace (like you usually get in the actual linking process, not download).

do you know what will happen if i download your pakistan team and link it to the disc pakistan team? because not all the players overlap. has this ever been explained?

Links will download for both teams and included players, players will replace their linked counterpart system wide (as in all teams)

Links will download for both teams and included players, players will replace their linked counterpart system wide (as in all teams)

do i have to link the players individually, before i link the teams? (or how do they know with what players to make links?) but then it's fine to link teams even if the two rosters aren't identical?

sorry for being dense - just want to make sure i have understood it properly.

----------

so, i am downloading israr's pakistan player by player, it is doing the link for me when i download, asking what aspects of player i want to replace. (note it is doing it automatically as I download, i am not linking it in the player link menu). how is it deciding who to replace? because some of them make sense, bet then it wants to replace z buledi with yasir arafat??? how is that being decided? (why does CA think they're linked?)

there was at least one other i was unsure of. so i am going to end up with the wrong links?

do i have to link the players individually, before i link the teams? (or how do they know with what players to make links?) but then it's fine to link teams even if the two rosters aren't identical?

sorry for being dense - just want to make sure i have understood it properly.

----------

so, i am downloading israr's pakistan player by player, it is doing the link for me when i download, asking what aspects of player i want to replace. (note it is doing it automatically as I download, i am not linking it in the player link menu). how is it deciding who to replace? because some of them make sense, bet then it wants to replace z buledi with yasir arafat??? how is that being decided? (why does CA think they're linked?)

there was at least one other i was unsure of. so i am going to end up with the wrong links?

That is because that is how i originally linked them. If i could not see a counterpart in default team for my created player...i just link it to one of the defualt players that i did not create..but i make sure i overwrite the stats also.

If it is an issue that bothers you, let me know and i will try to fix it and add the player as a new player instead of linked.

So i just tried it myself...

Backed up previous saved file....deleted and uninstalled everything....

Installed the new version .99b

Started it...went to my uploads under teams....put in my user name and password...

Downloaded my linked australia from the server...

Right then It asked me what do you want to replace? Identity, uniform, players. I checked all of them and said replace.

Next it asked me about all the players one by one...whether i would like to replace sharon stone(?) with steven smith? Gives me the linking option for identity..attributes..skills stats etc. i can select replace or replace everyone else with the same selections checked. I went through the players one by one to make sure the correct ones are getting replaced.

Once it is all done. I went to team manager...and the default australia team has been replaced by the downloaded teams with the correct uniforms and batting lineups and of course correct players.

Checked the domestic teams and they are all showing up wonderfully :)

Conclusion i drawn from it...from my limited testing it is working perfectly. :D

Now i wonder what will happen if i try to replace the default domestic team that already has some of these players with a linked domestic team.... Back to testing it.

Ross, a question, if while downloading the team, i do not want to link a particular player in that team...what should I do?

----------

Edit:

More testing....

Could not find a single domestic team (ipl) that is completely linked.

So tried to download a linked player instead that i have already downloaded and linked (like mentioned before all this linking happened automatically)

So i already had the indian team downloaded and linked. Dhoni showed up in india and bangalore (as the process was explained above). Now i downloaded another linked dhoni. This was created by rajvsm.

Instantly it asked....do you want to replace m. Dhoni with m. Dhoni? And gave me the linking options. I just clicked replace without bothering to uncheck or check any box.

Now once i go to the india and chennai team....raj's dhoni shows up instead of mine. I could have just downloaded the stats or visuals or identity or anythin i could have wanted from the new dhoni which is awesome.

Brilliant work .... Ross do pass over the compliment to your team :)

Last edited:
That is because that is how i originally linked them. If i could not see a counterpart in default team for my created player...i just link it to one of the defualt players that i did not create..but i make sure i overwrite the stats also.

If it is an issue that bothers you, let me know and i will try to fix it and add the player as a new player instead of linked.

Thanks. No it's no problem especially now i understand i need to overwrite stats too :)

In your Australia linking example - were the players in your Aus team individually linked before doing the team link? (because if not i still don't get how it knows who to replace with whom.)

Thanks. No it's no problem especially now i understand i need to overwrite stats too :)

In your Australia linking example - were the players in your Aus team individually linked before doing the team link? (because if not i still don't get how it knows who to replace with whom.)

Yes they were individually linked before doing a team link.

I believe it saves the information on what player i am linking with who. And as long as u do not change any player names in your CA default teams, downloading Steven smith will make sure your ca knows steven smith is supposed to replace sharon stone.

I updated the above post with more testing.

Last edited:
No problem.

Ross, if we need to update the latest "base" stats....i understand we check stats too while downloading/linking the player/team. Since there is no way to check for us, I assume that stats only updates our base stats and leaves "earned" stats alone? Because i do not want to download the earned stats of someone else who uploaded the player.

This seems mind boggling too me. So if when we get the game we wanna replace say in disk England with isrars England we just download it and the CA automatically changes everything??

This seems mind boggling too me. So if when we get the game we wanna replace say in disk England with isrars England we just download it and the CA automatically changes everything??

It will ask you whether you want to replace the ondisc england and what aspects of the team you want to replace...once you select that (all 'checked' if you are downloading the team for the first time) it will ask you the same for each individual players. If you do not want to go through all 25 players...just click the necessary check boxes and select do this for all players and ca will do everything else including populating your domestic teams. Hardly a 3-4 clicks...2 clicks at the least.

That's incredible!! All I've done with CA is make four teams if my own that nobody will download. I was thinking of making a team then individually downloading the players (favourites if mine from 80s to now) from the server to fill it, creating any that are not there. This is possible also?? Thanks for your time, and for your creations!!!

I take it that I click the save locally icon to download teams?

Last edited:
The guys that are just downloading and not creating are going to have an easy time, it can be as little as a few clicks to get all of the teams up to date.

There is work for the creators in linking, but not too much I hope.

If a player is added to the team but has no link then when downloaded he will only appear in that team.

If a player has a link and is in multiple teams then one download will have him appear in all teams.

It is not a good idea to link to players that are not correct.

Players stats are base stats, earned stats are not shared or downloaded, your local stats will remain.

So if there is a player that doesn't have an on-disc counterpart, we'll just manually input stats ourselves and don't link to anyone?

So if there is a player that doesn't have an on-disc counterpart, we'll just manually input stats ourselves and don't link to anyone?

If you are the creator, yes, everyone else just downloads.

I expect we will update linkable players every so often.

Users who are viewing this thread