English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

Epic

Panel of Selectors
So sick, we've got CL semifinals coming up tomorrow and the day after and all I can think about is that game, this title race has got to be the best ever, at the very least in the PL era.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Should Torres score a winer against Liverpool... Damn. Climax of the last match day is on.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
Ed Woodward is more of a problem than DM. It is Ed who is in charge of transfers. So if they could not get Thiago/Cesc/Herrera it was Ed's mistake and not that of DM. If they had made a couple of good transfers in the summer of '13 , they would have at least been in the top 5.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Bittersweet. But the fact right now that Ryan Giggs is the Man United manager is something to be cherished amidst all the chaos surrounding the club, however short lived. United faithful couldn't have asked for more.

As I said, one of the reasons behind the sack must've been the money. Glazers hold the money they leeched from every corner of the club over the years very dear, and if Moyes does a mess of it like the last summer window they would've to close shop and sell.

Finally, Moyes goes out with mixed accomplishments (the dreaded word) during his tenure. His efforts off field must not be questioned however, especially with regards to scouting his targets (wonder how he would've done rebuilt if he stayed) to make up for the past summer's debacle. He started letting the deadwood out in january. He had a plan going on... and also the plight of Rooney can only be known in the summer, went too far to keep him at the club.

Goodbye Moyes. Although most united fans would choose to remember him as the wrong one, there's another bunch who know he deserved another season, at least.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
To be fair, he did a much better job than Woy. Konchesky and poulsen, seriously?
It is unfortunate that the next job is likely to be at a club lower than Everton (some might argue, it already was ;) ), so, he basically took a couple of steps backwards in life.
Wish him luck, but deep inside, bells were ringing for me that he wouldn't last at united.
Hopefully, they can get a good manager who'll bring them nice players, so that the derby would be exciting again. :)

khaleel

Club Captain
I'm thankful to Moyes for having brought in Mata and trying to start a summer of change by off-loading in January. Also, the Bayern draw was the silver lining to his stay. Wish him luck and hope we get someone that will help us in the long run.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
he's been undermined by the performances of some of the elder players, it's been patently obvious guys, mainly in defense, have just not been interested in putting in a shift under him, I think the shoddy defending has probably cost them up to 10 points or so this season so they should really be in contention for a CL spot, they've been bad not that bad. however, the team has capitulated once too often and at times they've looked clueless which doesn't reflect well on moyes at all.

rudi garcia would be the guy I'd go for but with PSG and barca also reportedly interested I doubt them getting him.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
His biggest fault was that he isn't Sir Alex and couldn't inspire poor squad into the top 4 like Sir Alex did. That's not saying much. Most would have failed to match SAF's overachievement. Deserved another season to make it his team (or more so than it is right now) and clear some deadwood, at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread