PC Version Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

D

Deleted member 9102

Straying from the original vision and catering to the majority is a horrible way to make a sports game in my opinion. It makes money but you can end up with a product so devoid of character.

That's what's happened with FIFA and to me it's just become the most dull all-style-no-substance game on the market after what was a promising start between FIFA 08-10. There are all sorts of sliders in that game and control options but the game is not designed or balanced for any of them. The online default slider/conrol settings are pure arcade nonsense (what the majority like) and other more 'sim' like settings to play offline just don't feel like any care or attention has been put into balancing them as the game was not (and can not be) designed with all the different mishmashed slider parameters in mind.

I wholeheartedly hope Big Ant stick to their guns and adhere to a vision of a challenging and immersive cricket game absent from the norms of cricket games previous.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think the mechanics should stay fundamentally the same. An option to have the legnth display earleir isn't the worst idea in the world but what the game is really missing is feedback to help us improve. Tell me about the timing and direction and selection of fortwork, and shot when i mess up, so i understand why i am messing up and i can improve.

ada1972

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Better feedback and accessibility is key going forward for sure. Understanding why things are going right/wrong has to be clearer.
So many times I am out thinking I have played a correct shot/block. Only to think that maybe may foot placement was a little to left/right, I was a little to early/late, that I was playing too much inside/outside the line. But not being sure is frustrating.
Feedback would be like having a coach telling you what you are doing wrong, and what needed to be done to fix it.

email2niranjan

Club Cricketer
AI batting question... Easy UpperCut over slips
Most of the times my good length delivery gets cut over the first or second slip by AI and it does seem well controlled (not an edge).. This is highly unrealistic controlled Cricketing shot... Keeps me lose Interest in bowling... Is this a bug that is fixed in one of the patches or we have to live with it or there is some way of bowling to avoid AI doing that?
BTW, except for these issues its a great game...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
AI batting question... Easy UpperCut over slips
Most of the times my good length delivery gets cut over the first or second slip by AI and it does seem well controlled (not an edge).. This is highly unrealistic controlled Cricketing shot... Keeps me lose Interest in bowling... Is this a bug that is fixed in one of the patches or we have to live with it or there is some way of bowling to avoid AI doing that?
BTW, except for these issues its a great game...

AI shot selection still needs work for sure

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
AI shot selection still needs work for sure

1- AI does not take risky runs .
2- Does not Play according to required run rate .
3- People are very good in Bowling Against AI , their shot selection should be according to field setting and bowling line length

grkrama

National Board President
Better feedback and accessibility is key going forward for sure. Understanding why things are going right/wrong has to be clearer.
Can something be tacked on the replays of getting out alone, cause that's the only place were people want feedback the most, can the basic foot placement and timing be displayed in the replay vid.

This way the main game can still be Hud free without clutter and people can still get the vital feed back.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A clutter free way of doing it would probably be tong it into the score hud, at the moment the bowling speed and rpm indicators are a good secondary source of information on how well you are doing. A timing and footwork indicator sliding out in that spot would be relatively unobtrusive, and the game already has that kind of data in the practice match mode.

Make it optional because it might be a bit distracting otherwise.

grkrama

National Board President
Ya that would work too, right now for me the only time were i need feed back is when i edge something, other mode of dismissals you can pretty much figure out what you did wrong with replays.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Other Bug I found in career mode

While taking run I was run out on bowling side and my opponent got out

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Had you crossed in the middle by that point? If you hadn't crossed, he would have been closest and therefore the one who was given out.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Had you crossed in the middle by that point? If you hadn't crossed, he would have been closest and therefore the one who was given out.
[DOUBLEPOST=1406879993][/DOUBLEPOST]The bowled out bug is still happening,as is the batsman hits a shot for 4 and the umpire gives a six.
Noticed tends to happen online when there is lag.

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
[DOUBLEPOST=1406879993][/DOUBLEPOST]The bowled out bug is still happening,as is the batsman hits a shot for 4 and the umpire gives a six.
Noticed tends to happen online when there is lag.

I just had a match this morning, where Batsman hit for a 4 :(, Umpire signaled for a 6 :eek::eek:, and Score card gave the batsman 12 Runs for that particular ball. :lol:lol:lol

Users who are viewing this thread