Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd like to consider him a town, but his inactivity isn't helping. El Loco, hedger and themusketter are possible mafia in my eyes.

The rest of that post is fine, but this passage bothers me. Are you saying you think he's just inactive town or are you saying you wish he would talk more so you can get a better read on him? If the former I want you to explain why you think he's town.

And I hope those aren't team reads because I can't see in any world how myself, Loco and musk can be a team. You think Loco is trying to bus musk while trying to set up to fos me later as his posts suggest? Unless you mean separate of each other, in which case those are still average reads, and I want you to expand on them, what have each of us done that's scummy?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I don't understand. After joejoe has come up as town, shouldn't the attention shift to Muskateer? The majority of yourselves actually said that one from the two is Mafia, its not like I'm concocting some kind of fairytale. I mean, I appreciate set up talk us much as the next person, but are we just going to throw the events of the last day out the window and start from scratch? Defo can't see the town winning if that is the course of action.
Varun, I don't appreciate you aligning me with Muskateer. My aim today is to get him lynched. If that's your justification for me being Mafia then you're clearly not paying attention.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This indicates the mafia targeted the same person twice? It could be.

Hmm seems like that. I mean, why wouldn't they? after all; targeting the same person the other night is the best thing as mostly the doctor or roleblocker apply their abilities on other players but, as Hedger said, doesn't mean much.

If I went against the lynch of joejoe, it was because it seemed forced.

What seemed forced? didn't you just go against it? and what's that force? Intricate please.

I also find it strange that no one called him out to claim, myself admittedly included. I still don't see how the town has benefitted from his death in any way.

I did if you read my posts the right way. I was actually wanting both of them to claim so we could get a vivid light to lead us to the right path. Also, we didn't know that; that his death is going to avenge us as, most of us were thinking that Joe's scum thus reached a majority lynch and also - I don't like me tagged as a Joe lyncher; I did what I thought was the best but some expectations didn't meet as I was expecting him to claim also most of you should have noticed that as some I point, all I'd talk about was them claiming.

isn't it better for the power roles to lead the town?

I second this though but, only if there's a doctor left (I shall say considering you guys think that the doc's died) else it will be a pr suicide! and no-one wants that.

I don't understand. After joejoe has come up as town, shouldn't the attention shift to Muskateer? The majority of yourselves actually said that one from the two is Mafia, its not like I'm concocting some kind of fairytale. I mean, I appreciate set up talk us much as the next person, but are we just going to throw the events of the last day out the window and start from scratch? Defo can't see the town winning if that is the course of action.

I understand and that's exactly why I want only Musk to role claim. It was never like 'surely one of them is a mafia - if not him then him'; both of them could be townies but, Musk could still be a mafia. It's very simple; I don't want this day to get wasted as well and start lynching people blindly. This time, everyone will get a chance to claim and if not everyone then Musk at least but the heat suggests that this is the right moment for him to claim as we're heading nowhere and are just pointing fingers at each other. He claims - his claim then suggests our next action. Simple.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Also, I don't see Loco, Hedger and Musk together. That would be too...irrelevant considering the way they're playing. The type of players they are; definitely could have come up with better plans. I don't see any bus on a partner either - activity suggests it all.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Are you saying you think he's just inactive town or are you saying you wish he would talk more so you can get a better read on him? If the former I want you to explain why you think he's town.

I'm just saying that IF he is town, he's not helping his case by being inactive. thedon5's one of the more experienced players in this game and we obviously require him to be active.

And I hope those aren't team reads because I can't see in any world how myself, Loco and musk can be a team. You think Loco is trying to bus musk while trying to set up to fos me later as his posts suggest? Unless you mean separate of each other, in which case those are still average reads, and I want you to expand on them, what have each of us done that's scummy?

Yeah, I mean possible mafia separate of each other. I don't think you'd be a team either.

What seemed forced? didn't you just go against it? and what's that force? Intricate please.

I'll 'intricate'. :p if you look back, you'll see that joejoe was lynched because we needed someone to be lynched. We didn't really have anything solid against him, yet we went on to lynch him anyway, just because hedger and you thought it was more reasonable.

I understand and that's exactly why I want only Musk to role claim. It was never like 'surely one of them is a mafia - if not him then him'; both of them could be townies but, Musk could still be a mafia. It's very simple; I don't want this day to get wasted as well and start lynching people blindly. This time, everyone will get a chance to claim and if not everyone then Musk at least but the heat suggests that this is the right moment for him to claim as we're heading nowhere and are just pointing fingers at each other. He claims - his claim then suggests our next action. Simple.

Okay, yeah I agree with this.

I'm posting at 2:30 in the morning so extremely sleepy and hence my post is concise.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sorry for not making this post earlier: for some reason I stopped getting notifications from this thread, which is the best way of reminding you to actually post something...

Are we sure that we have a scum team of three? If so we need to think carefully who we lynch: any mislynch would put the game in the hands of a role like a role blocker or a doc blocking or protecting the right person: and at that point the scum would go for anyone who is town rather than the better players since it doesn't matter who they get, the game is over. Although my maths might not be right there, we'd have six players and since we're assuming three mafia that'd be a mafia win since the town by themselves couldn't vote down the mafia?

I'm still very suspicious of themusketeer for the same reasons as stated on day 2 (especially since joejoe came out as town) and I have my suspicions on thedon as well (the general lack of activity although that might be a general thing, plus of the posts he made one was an unexplained lynch and the other was pretty much saying that lynching newbies is always good for the town, which I think is a very weak reason to lynch someone). I don't have a third person at the minute, but at this stage of the game I think that having one person that I'm 100% sure is scum and another that I'm pretty confident of at this point in time is a good thing, since the third person will out themselves at some point in the future.

A scum team containing both El Loco and themusketeer doesn't seem to make any sense in my eyes: I don't understand why El Loco would have pushed the musketeer lynch as heavily as he did if they were both scum. There are moments where scum might vote against each other (generally if its an inevitable lynch and its beneficial to your game) but I don't see how that works on Day 2 with a no lynch day 1 with musketeer not being under a great deal of pressure. This is what helps to kinda confirm El Loco as some form of town role in my eyes: especially since its something that he is still pursuing when we are in a mislynch or lose situation - it wouldn't make sense for the mafia to target themselves in that position!

Regarding a potential musketeer role claim:

I will Keep on Saying what I said previously and Nothing gonna Change after joejoe018 coming out as town. I am not gonna waste my time to try explaning you that I am a townie knowing it will not matter to you. You just distracting everyone from the main thing and Diverting them towards Lynching me. We should Concentrate on finding the mafia after losing our 2 townies.You were in the favour of lynching me from the day I randomly FOSed you . So I dont think anything gonna change after a single post.

Although its not an openly stated claim, perhaps this is a vanilla town claim? It might just be alignment, but since the guy doesn't seem to be forthcoming with a claim this sort of assumption is all we have. I wouldn't normally be so questioning over something like that; but we had that "surely you'll lose your eye" business I'm not entirely sure... I'd like to get a firm claim from the guy and since its something that I think we may need to pressure the guy on and proceeding that I'm confident of his scumminess: Vote: themusketeer although if we get to the point where a lynch is possible before a claim, I'd rescind that vote in an instant.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I second this though but, only if there's a doctor left (I shall say considering you guys think that the doc's died) else it will be a pr suicide! and no-one wants that.

I'm still very suspicious of themusketeer for the same reasons as stated on day 2 (especially since joejoe came out as town) and I have my suspicions on thedon as well (the general lack of activity although that might be a general thing, plus of the posts he made one was an unexplained lynch and the other was pretty much saying that lynching newbies is always good for the town, which I think is a very weak reason to lynch someone). I don't have a third person at the minute, but at this stage of the game I think that having one person that I'm 100% sure is scum and another that I'm pretty confident of at this point in time is a good thing, since the third person will out themselves at some point in the future.

A scum team containing both El Loco and themusketeer doesn't seem to make any sense in my eyes: I don't understand why El Loco would have pushed the musketeer lynch as heavily as he did if they were both scum. There are moments where scum might vote against each other (generally if its an inevitable lynch and its beneficial to your game) but I don't see how that works on Day 2 with a no lynch day 1 with musketeer not being under a great deal of pressure. This is what helps to kinda confirm El Loco as some form of town role in my eyes: especially since its something that he is still pursuing when we are in a mislynch or lose situation - it wouldn't make sense for the mafia to target themselves in that position!

Regarding a potential musketeer role claim:

Although its not an openly stated claim, perhaps this is a vanilla town claim? It might just be alignment, but since the guy doesn't seem to be forthcoming with a claim this sort of assumption is all we have. I wouldn't normally be so questioning over something like that; but we had that "surely you'll lose your eye" business I'm not entirely sure... I'd like to get a firm claim from the guy and since its something that I think we may need to pressure the guy on and proceeding that I'm confident of his scumminess: Vote: themusketeer although if we get to the point where a lynch is possible before a claim, I'd rescind that vote in an instant.

Okay , As seems that my role claim will be important for our proceedings and For My defence too, So I dont get lynched today. I tried everything prove that I am a Townie but you Guys seems to be just stucked on my random lynch to EL Loco.
I dont think EL Loco & IceAge will have a reason to lynch me if they are townie.

Role Claim : I am a Watcher !!

El Loco

ENG....

Until now I wasn't aware that such a role existed but apparently it does so I'm holding back my lynch.
Although I don't see why he can expect to claim and be let off the hook without revealing his findings, which is vital that he does now. If he (fingers crossed) has used his role effectively then we might be in with a chance of ratting a few Mafia out.
I still have my doubts as I still maintain that his play has been highly suspect and I might also point out that the watcher can apparently be a Mafia role too, a possibility I am only considering because it seems that the two deceased townies were PRs according to what Varun and others have suggested due to them being the main characters in the TV series and it seems that the Mafia watcher would be able to unearth townie PRs.
I do remain sceptical but concede that a townie watcher is quite a useful PR for us, so I wouldn't want to lynch him if he is telling the truth. But we should wait on him to elaborate on his claim before clearing him of anything.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Although I don't see why he can expect to claim and be let off the hook without revealing his findings, which is vital that he does now. If he (fingers crossed) has used his role effectively then we might be in with a chance of ratting a few Mafia out.

Yeah I used PR role but not effectively .
I watched Sulaiman7 and VARUN on 2 different nights and Both of the time I got "Results= None".

After this I can Say that Varun might be Mafia aligned because No one targeted him and Some players have mafia read on Him too.

I dont have any Scummy feelings on Sulaiman7 and everyone has town read on Him too.

I might be wrong too.

El Loco

ENG....
Hm...didn't think I'd say this but I think your claim is fairly believable. And to think I was hell-bent on getting you lynched today. I still take everything with a heavy grain of salt though.
I thought I was sure that I knew of someone who was Mafia for but I don't think that has changed for now.
I think that result, if true, pushes me just a little to believing Varun might be scum as his play has been a little dubious, but I'm not too sure and to be honest I don't think it reveals any overly significant in-roads, unless somebody else can pick summat out.

I'm also still dwelling on whether an RB blocked a kill on night 1 or not, because if so, then we could instigate a first lynch in our favour.

I don't know if anybody has anything to go on to refute this claim but I'd like them to do it ASAP if it is the case because I don't want time wasted by a fake claim.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If @thedon5 is busy, we can sub in @swirler for him?
I think it's about time we get him replaced or else this will get even more slow and rather boring.
Okay , As seems that my role claim will be important for our proceedings and For My defence too, So I dont get lynched today. I tried everything prove that I am a Townie but you Guys seems to be just stucked on my random lynch to EL Loco.
I dont think EL Loco & IceAge will have a reason to lynch me if they are townie.

Fair enough, I'm inclined to believe you as of now even though having a Watcher in this kinda setup sounds a bit strange. Your soft claim relates too but I'm unsure why the mafias didn't target you? Also could you please reveal your character too?
Yeah I used PR role but not effectively .
I watched Sulaiman7 and VARUN on 2 different nights and Both of the time I got "Results= None".

After this I can Say that Varun might be Mafia aligned because No one targeted him and Some players have mafia read on Him too.

I dont have any Scummy feelings on Sulaiman7 and everyone has town read on Him too.

I might be wrong too.
Varun could either be a godfather and why wouldn't the town target him? Same goes for Sulaiman and if you ask me then he's giving more town vibes than Varun at the moment.

I've a gut feeling we saw a no kill maybe because Don wasn't online that day? He was last seen on Jan 8, the day we saw a kill. I'm anyway convinced enough to lynch him right now.
Lynch: thedon5[DOUBLEPOST=1421265103][/DOUBLEPOST]One more reason for lynching him is he came from nowhere and lynched Joe.[DOUBLEPOST=1421265123][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't think anyone from town would do that.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Okay, as I expected - Musk to be a townie (but not pr let's not exaggerate). His results make me believe that Varun is a mafia - possibly a godfather or something like that; we also saw that one guy was commanding the other about the night kill so there's definitely some similar role involved. I don't see Musk coming out with that claim as a mafia as he's a newbie - definitely a town.

I'll 'intricate'. :p if you look back, you'll see that joejoe was lynched because we needed someone to be lynched. We didn't really have anything solid against him, yet we went on to lynch him anyway, just because hedger and you thought it was more reasonable.

:3. On topic; we didn't lynch Joe because we needed someone to be lynched, that's nonsense! I clearly gave my reasons on lynching Joe and thank God he ain't a pr which Simon was and Musk is, right? also, we didn't lynch him because Hedger and I thought it would be more reasonable - it's because more people believed it was the best thing to do because even now; if he was here, would have been just getting us on the wrong path by not saying anything or by not claiming and that's something Musk isn't doing. I think Musk should lead us regardless of what experience he has - we are in safer hands like that and he's a pr!

I've a gut feeling we saw a no kill maybe because Don wasn't online that day? He was last seen on Jan 8, the day we saw a kill. I'm anyway convinced enough to lynch him right now.

Nah that doesn't make sense :p. Actually if we go a few pages back, the write-up sounds as if there was a failed kill so, doesn't make sense. At this moment, Varun is topping my scum-read list but before doing anything; I'd like others' suggestions and yeah, please have Don replaced - might be someone having an important role (I'm not saying that he is having, just pointing out a probability).[DOUBLEPOST=1421274776][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your soft claim relates too but I'm unsure why the mafias didn't target you? Also could you please reveal your character too?

That's probably because he was the most suspected person after Joe so, lynching him would have obviously been a disadvantage for mafia. Also, I second the second part. Please reveal your role in any case we need it.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Okay !

I am Gretchen Grundler. I am the most intelligent of all the kids in My Team. :)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Okay, while mafia could easily organise some claims to make, I think the character claim would be a huge risk as mafia so he is most likely town. I don't know why he'd watch Varun though, you should be trying to watch someone who is likely to get killed.

I still hard fos Varun and I don't think that's going to change but I want to know why people think just because nobody visited him, that makes him mafia?

Varun could either be a godfather

Why godfather? And I'm worried about people scumreading Varun but then you proceed to place a vote on thedon who still hasn't said anything today.

Lynch: Varun

With musk hardclaiming, I feel more comfortable lynching Varun and despite his last post being a bit clearer, it still doesn't remove my suspicion on him.

Users who are viewing this thread