Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Rajesh1990

School Cricketer
Hi guys, I am playing two careers in legend difficulty mode,currently..In one of the career mode, i am playing as a opening batsman with a first class batting average of 28(got dismissed in the nervous 90's),list a ODI average of 33(scored some fifties) and just started to play t20's..Half of the season is over and i am pretty much enjoying the challenges in legend mode
In another career mode, i am playing as a bowling all rounder(5th batsman) with a first class batting average of 18(scored a century and took a six-for in the same match:yes)bowling average of 19,list a ODI average of 18(scored some fifties and century too:yes)bowling average of 18 and t20 batting average of 16,bowling average of 12 ,for the past 2 seasons..
My advice is premeditate everything on the frontfoot...Play everything on the leg-side till u get confidence..Believe me I usually don't practice in nets,i don't defend balls..remember you can dismissed even while blocking..My strike rate is almost 100 in all formats..If one advice which i can give you is, don't touch the L2 button even if there is big empty space in the ground, till you get confidence(which i am not doing and getting dismissed cheaply most of the times)..For me i can easily score runs against fast,fast medium bowlers..You have to be very quick against fast bowlers in the frontfoot,otherwise a banana yorker will send your stumps flying or getting u out LBW...Against spinners i prefer to be in frontfoot and play balls in the leg side till i get the confidence..I sweep the outside off balls if there is no square leg..I most of the time getting dismissed by spinners via caught by keeper while driving offside and getting out LBW or bowled by a quick delivery..
My biggest nemesis as a batsmen in this game is medium pace dibbly dobbly bowlers..i prefer to face them the least..They bowl very slow,which makes me difficult to time the ball..I am trying to play them as late as possible and somewhat getting success in it...
So my final advice for any beginner in this game till he master is ''premeditate everything on the frontfoot on the legside till you get confidence"..This is the most beautiful cricket i had ever played..Replies are welcome..

SIKANDERCRICKET10

School Cricketer
Hi guys, I am playing two careers in legend difficulty mode,currently..In one of the career mode, i am playing as a opening batsman with a first class batting average of 28(got dismissed in the nervous 90's),list a ODI average of 33(scored some fifties) and just started to play t20's..Half of the season is over and i am pretty much enjoying the challenges in legend mode
In another career mode, i am playing as a bowling all rounder(5th batsman) with a first class batting average of 18(scored a century and took a six-for in the same match:yes)bowling average of 19,list a ODI average of 18(scored some fifties and century too:yes)bowling average of 18 and t20 batting average of 16,bowling average of 12 ,for the past 2 seasons..
My advice is premeditate everything on the frontfoot...Play everything on the leg-side till u get confidence..Believe me I usually don't practice in nets,i don't defend balls..remember you can dismissed even while blocking..My strike rate is almost 100 in all formats..If one advice which i can give you is, don't touch the L2 button even if there is big empty space in the ground, till you get confidence(which i am not doing and getting dismissed cheaply most of the times)..For me i can easily score runs against fast,fast medium bowlers..You have to be very quick against fast bowlers in the frontfoot,otherwise a banana yorker will send your stumps flying or getting u out LBW...Against spinners i prefer to be in frontfoot and play balls in the leg side till i get the confidence..I sweep the outside off balls if there is no square leg..I most of the time getting dismissed by spinners via caught by keeper while driving offside and getting out LBW or bowled by a quick delivery..
My biggest nemesis as a batsmen in this game is medium pace dibbly dobbly bowlers..i prefer to face them the least..They bowl very slow,which makes me difficult to time the ball..I am trying to play them as late as possible and somewhat getting success in it...
So my final advice for any beginner in this game till he master is ''premeditate everything on the frontfoot on the legside till you get confidence"..This is the most beautiful cricket i had ever played..Replies are welcome..
Well Said:clap I Only Ever Defend (Tap) The Ball In A Test Match If There Is A Quick Delivery And I Don't Think I Should Play A Shot Of It. I Also Rarely Leave The Ball Because I Remember Once I Was Playing A T20 Match, Batting With Misbah And Right When D Bravo Pitched The Ball It Seemed Like A Big Risk To Play It So I Let It Go (Press X On PlayStation) And The Ball Somehow Found Its Way Towards The Bails And BOOM... I Was Bowled!!! Had quite a laugh at myself:lol A Tip I Would Give You ( If you are a fast or fast medium bowler in career) is to set a majority of your fielders on the off side and give good out swingers aimed at the line of off. Really good bowling technique:thumbs Hope I Helped:cheers

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, I was just wondering: I have DBC 14 on my PC, but recently got an Xbox one. Do you feel its worth it getting DBC 14 on the Xbox one (what I really mean is it worth getting DBC on the newer consoles, where Big Ant has made the game better in terms of looks) Please let me know with your opinion.

maxtiger

Club Captain
my game will little bit freeze between game how to fix that i am just install the game

Last edited:

nikhilranjan94

Club Captain
Hi
I got a new ps4. I bought dbc 14. Is there any way to change the logo of the teams and the stadium ads? I had the pc version also where i downloaded and added the current sponsors for Team India like star and stadium logos like kfc

Ren

Club Captain
@nikhilranjan94 nope mods are PC only.

I recently started playing again with DBC 17 on the way.

For anyone struggling this is how I've always approached the game playing as a #3 batsman on Legendary (career mode).

BLOCK! When you start your career your stats will be crap. Be prepared to face a lot of balls for not many runs . Long term you will score runs, for a start just look to survive. Other cricket games you could smash sixes all over the place. This iS not other cricket games.

Play the ball on its merits. Wait for that good length ball outside off or down leg. If it's straight...BLOCK it! Better scoring 50 singles to deep mid off or extra cover than 4 fours to fine leg then LBW hitting a straight one to leg.

As the bowlers tire out, capitalize on short balls either through point or pulling to the leg side. No need for power shots, keep the ball on the ground and score your century on short stuff. When the bowler is very fresh, quick and mixing it up, look to...BLOCK!

When the spinners or medium pacers come on, respect the straight ones and...BLOCK! Wait for the one outside off and square drive or down leg and sweep/glance for your runs.

The theme here is...BLOCK! I find it the easiest shot to play and it gets you a look at the next ball. Sometimes if I defend a wide half volley I feel that I missed out then try to drive the next ball and that's the one that gets me out. You really have to concentrate and respect each ball. I have scored double centuries at better than 100 strike rate while still defending everything that's straight, it's about punishing the bad ball much like real cricket. Sure, I can score decent runs by trying to hit every ball, but almost always score many more by being patient. When your batter's confidence goes up you will be hitting many of those bad balls to the rope with no risk.

Current career I am in my 4th season at age 20, playing for my country in all forms and a star member in IPL, BBL and Aussie domestic. FC average is just under 54 and List A is 49 + change. Test is 47ish and ODI is 60! T20I average is 33, all from being OK with seeing a few balls at the start of each innings.

Sometimes I start my innings around 30 balls faced on 5 runs...and finish with say 50+ off 70 balls faced. Patience pays!

Maverick22

School Cricketer
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share that I joined this forum today and I must say this is one of the most vibrant and creative community online. I love DBC 14 and cannot wait to play the next edition from BigAnt.

P.S : MY request to join user group after steam validation is still pending. I followed the steps as suggested by the forums here. Any idea how to speed that up as I would love to start downloading the mods and hacks.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Was on Amazon just check what one seller is selling DBC 14 for.

dbc.png

270 freaking dollars lol :p

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
For those struggling to contain runs and picking up wickets, I have come up with a field which can get you wickets if you are patient and can variations deliveries. I've tried this field from rookie to veteran, and I got the results I was looking for. This is a very good field in limited overs.

Short mid off
Wide off
Cover
Deep point
Midwicket
Deep Mid on
Deep Mid off
Deep backward square leg
Deep fine leg (change to short fine if it only let's 3 fielder's outside the circle. My suggestion is to mainly bowl a good variation outside the off-stump, bowling a lot of slower balls works, and putting the yorker in every now and then is very helpful. AI tend to hit the ball towards deep mid on for a very dangerous single and if you have good reflexes and quickly throw the ball back to the bowlers end then you can get lucky. It is also a very good field for building pressure, as sometimes batsmen hit out to wide off. The only problem is sometimes the AI launch the ball over deep mid on, but it doesn't happen very often. Hope this works. :D

Boycott

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I've been playing the 14 demo and I have finally picked up the technique (UK distributors have been rubbish for this game)

I have watched a lot of Twistie3 on youtube as well.

My question is ebay has some second-hand PC Bradman 14's available for a cheap price. Can I buy one of those and update the game and access the academy this way? Or is there a key and if it's used you cannot get online (Got burned with a Battlefield 4 this way)
The price on Steam is still 24.99!

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I've been playing the 14 demo and I have finally picked up the technique (UK distributors have been rubbish for this game)

I have watched a lot of Twistie3 on youtube as well.

My question is ebay has some second-hand PC Bradman 14's available for a cheap price. Can I buy one of those and update the game and access the academy this way? Or is there a key and if it's used you cannot get online (Got burned with a Battlefield 4 this way)
The price on Steam is still 24.99!
Not sure about the key thingy but probably yes.

Just buy the game from Steam. You'll have a genuine copy and will be able to play without any issues. I understand the price is higher than what you are seeing at eBay. But this is the only way you can play the game without any issues.

Good luck :)

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Wasn't there a thread for Tour Match screenies? I didn't find that so posting this one here:
upload_2016-11-26_17-48-38.png
upload_2016-11-26_17-48-50.png
upload_2016-11-26_17-49-5.png
A hell outta game, though I lost in the end. :P

Users who are viewing this thread