Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

Almost got enough now to buy it through steam! Will be there by the time game lands!

When we download get best does this also download the stadiums for each test playing nation assigned to them? Im still getting crashes when i start my career even though i deleted everything and did get best again to get the teams without logos and thus crash free. Maybe its because of the stadiums ive downloaded separately? I have no team logos whatsoever. Im Stumped??

When we download get best does this also download the stadiums for each test playing nation assigned to them? Im still getting crashes when i start my career even though i deleted everything and did get best again to get the teams without logos and thus crash free. Maybe its because of the stadiums ive downloaded separately? I have no team logos whatsoever. Im Stumped??
Yeah ross did say that the logos are problem so I just deleted the logo data and now its fine.

Is it just me or is stat tracking not working? Played a few games in Casual and still no stats for my players?

If you are resuming an existing career before you re-downloaded teams, it will still be affected by the issue. Unfortunately the only current workaround is to start a new career.

MattW - Is the line up bug for tours also related to the logos if so then that's a really strange problem.

If you are resuming an existing career before you re-downloaded teams, it will still be affected by the issue. Unfortunately the only current workaround is to start a new career.

No. I delet3d everything and restarted a brand new career. Some advice is to delete logo data from psn system menu. So there are some logos creeping in from get best or stadiums which are causing crashes

Is it just me or is stat tracking not working? Played a few games in Casual and still no stats for my players?
There is no stat updates they need to fix that in career mode u can see wen player walk in to bat

No. I delet3d everything and restarted a brand new career. Some advice is to delete logo data from psn system menu. So there are some logos creeping in from get best or stadiums which are causing crashes
Hmm - it should only be the team logo that causes the issue, not things inside stadiums. There's the potential that this is a related but separate issue that I'd like to get to the bottom of, when you say you deleted everything, where did you do that deletion?

This is the bit that seems silly to me. Wouldn't it be better to decide on the length at the start of the run-up but then modify it before delivery just by tapping L1/R1? Having to reconfirm the general length to do that seems unnecessary, unless you're changing it. It's like an 'Are you sure?' pop-up before you bowl.
If you find it easier, you can hold L1/R1 while selecting the length at the same time as selecting the delivery type and it will work - it's just explained that way as some may find it to be too many buttons simultaneously if we explained it as all happening prior to running in.

I have 2 questions id like to know the answer to if I may...

1) is there any earned stats on the game like on DBC14? I played a big bash game last night and I got cam Bancroft 85* and after the game when I looked at his stats it still said HS was 72 - any ideas here?

2) in career mode in DBC14 I was able to play in Victoria domestic team but play for Sri Lanka national team - but don't think I can do that in DBC17 - if I want to play for Sri Lanka national team ill have to play for a Sri Lankan club - is this true??

Last night I had my first real opportunity to sit down with a mate for a good session of DBC 17. Unfortunately, after two Five5 games we turned it off and put 14 in. In terms of gameplay, the predecessor is a vastly superior experience at this point. After months of anticipation surrounding this release, I am close to putting 17 on the shelf until future patches sort out what seem to be issues that were corrected in the previous release. In particular, the lack of batting range pulls me out of the experience - I know this has been spoken about at length. Other issues such as the batter being run out after missing the ball because the animation doesn't allow the backfoot to be placed in a sensible position are frustrating. Backfoot shots which pull the batsman a couple of metres left or right of where the ball is are intolerable. Fielders sliding to grab the ball and then taking it with them over the rope made us laugh at first but then began to ruin the experience. I know this is a small studio who don't have the budget but I don't understand why they needed to undo all the great work they did to fix 14 and make it the game it is today. This isn't FIFA or Madden which can be rightly criticized for making small changes each year - this is a fledgling franchise that has earned the right to make simple cosmetic and tightening decisions to improve the overall gameplay and presentation in the game's transition to the current generation. This would have been not just forgiven but welcomed. These gameplay issues married with the constant crashes which negate the impact of 17's greatest suit (The Academy) make for a very frustrating and disappointing experience. I love hanging around this community and I can't wait for the game to be fixed over time but I feel that some credibility has been lost here as a result of a rushed release.

Users who are viewing this thread