Any info regarding the career mode improvements?

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Haven't got selected for national team , so can't answer it yet.

If the feature is still there, you should be able to check scorecards of every game that is happening, so just as an example are Warner and Smith still playing for NSW at the same time that Australia are on tour. Cheers!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The problem is there is no way to view stats of other players except while in match , so the only thing improved over DBC17 is your career players stats being correct , which alone I don't think warrants a new purchase , if they some how includes cricinfo style of stats viewing of each and every player in career mode then its a separate story.

Well correct stats is a must have and when it's coupled with enhanced gameplay and AI, it's a major upgrade. As I mentioned earlier, if you are a cricket or cricket gaming fan such a major upgrade makes the Ashes Cricket purchase a no-brainer.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
One thing is clear its not a rehash DBC17 by any means , the gameplay is just on another level. It would have been ideal if they had priced it around $40 though.

Mondy

Club Captain
Just the removal of the bat pad smash is reason enough to play in career mode again.

Yeah I’d like the career aspect to be more in-depth but frankly I’m happy BA focussed more on gameplay. I’d like to think though that the next iteration will provide greater complexity.

One thing I’d love to see is the AI determining where you bat based on need and cricket format rather than always being an opener because you marked that box.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not even just this. Even in career mode you're spending the vast majority of your time playing the core cricket game-play, so if that is improved to the degree it appears it has then it will be a much more enjoyable experience overall.

Also in DBC14 they did add some new features to career mode post-release so who knows what could happen.
Post release ? What are those?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Post release ? What are those?

The main one was the ability to use net practice in career mode and gain stats from it, also they let you choose a different starting age. Could be others but I don't recall.

kulch

Club Captain
The main one was the ability to use net practice in career mode and gain stats from it, also they let you choose a different starting age. Could be others but I don't recall.
Would love this feature returned. Like the journey in Fifa doing the practise gets you valuable xp gains. Not sure why it was removed tbh

kulch

Club Captain
Its performance oriented now , but not 100%.
Awesome stuff great news. Hopefully xp gains exponentially increase as you go up grades so good performance and form is doubled down in xp. This is pleasing to hear

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Let's not compare this game to fifa's career mode, they're probably not in the same ballpark, but thank you all for the input. I appreciate it. I think I'm leaning toward a strong pass on this game. I remain open however in case there is further patching but I was OK with DBC 17's gameplay anyway. Full game price might be too much for me at this rate, for the improvements that people have mentioned thus far, but we shall see. May be the next time Pakistan play a good test match I'll change my mind but it's not looking likely.

knockedin

Club Captain
Forgot about this one:

If a player is selected for international duty do they still play state/t20/list A games that are happening at the same time on the other side of the planet? Cheers.

Edit: talking about ai teammates if that wasn't clear, thanks again.

This might be the most important career mode based improvement if they have fixed it. If it is hopefully it doesn't let players play in Big bash games during the days between a test match, because it's barely a fix then.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Awesome stuff great news. Hopefully xp gains exponentially increase as you go up grades so good performance and form is doubled down in xp. This is pleasing to hear
Actually I am not entirely sure if its performance based , each club game net you 8000 xp and FC 15000 xp irrespective of the performance , but when you complete the objectives like hitting x number of sixes , taking x no. of wickets its gives you handful xp for that , I am not sure whether that xp can alot to to improve skills (haven't focussed on that enough)

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
If the feature is still there, you should be able to check scorecards of every game that is happening, so just as an example are Warner and Smith still playing for NSW at the same time that Australia are on tour. Cheers!

Not sure about other players but my career player doesn't play club cricket when the FC games are being played.

Users who are viewing this thread