Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.08) & Xbox One (1.0.0.9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, the run rate is still kinda on rails if you will to an extent...

When we tried to make this not the case they never went anywhere...

Right. It's a shame it seems to be an either/or situation. I don't have a problem with the AI attempting to slog to get the run-rate up in LO cricket, I just wish it didn't feel like the boundaries were pure freebies for them. The prod shot being gone definitely helps with this because at least they play real shots now, but if they could occasionally pop one up or hole out in the deep it would improve it even more imo. I love cleaning someone up as much as the next guy but there is also immense satisfaction in bowling a slower-ball off-cutter and having the batsman miss-time it in the air. Currently that aspect of limited overs cricket appears to be lacking.

My lofted straight shots are getting caught inside circle even on good timing with set batsman. Not sure its because of my batsman overall skill 65. It would be good if they atleast cross infield on good timing.
I think shots towards fine leg are overpowered a bit compared to straight hits. If they now change overall lofted shots timing for limited overs then fine leg shots will become very easy.
If Only lofted straight or shots from cover drive to midwicket area shots are made 10% easier than current timing then game will be super awesome for limited overs.
Along with this prod shot and 3rd man shots also needs to be looked at.

I have noticed that it difficult to score quickly off higher skilled bowlers. I normally have top batsman skilled 80, a few 70 and rest at 60s. On hard difficulty, I have seen 'Timing' -good, 'shot selection'- ideal going for six. Anything legside or full toss has better chance of travelling. Wide outside off are also easy picking but there are risks of prod shot kicking in.
Once the shots to the square and behind square are balanced with the others, batting will be perfect.

I have noticed that it difficult to score quickly off higher skilled bowlers. I normally have top batsman skilled 80, a few 70 and rest at 60s. On hard difficulty, I have seen 'Timing' -good, 'shot selection'- ideal going for six. Anything legside or full toss has better chance of travelling. Wide outside off are also easy picking but there are risks of prod shot kicking in.
Once the shots to the square and behind square are balanced with the others, batting will be perfect.
I will shift to test matches until then as they are really good now :)

I will shift to test matches until then as they are really good now :)
T20 is good on hard as well. Test matches seems to best on hardest. In ODI 300 seems easy to get on hard and hardest seems to difficult to hit lofted. If batting modifiers work then I could customise the difficulty.

T20 is good on hard as well. Test matches seems to best on hardest. In ODI 300 seems easy to get on hard and hardest seems to difficult to hit lofted. If batting modifiers work then I could customise the difficulty.
I m playing odi matches with modifiers. With batting modifiers, Ball is not travelling as fast as in default settings. So i m able to score around 250-270 with very less boundaries.
Also i m playing with skills: batsman - 65, all rounders - 70 and bowlers - 80.
Also pace modifier is working differently with batting modifier and without.
Ball is coming fast with batting modifiers compared to default settings.

I m playing odi matches with modifiers. With batting modifiers, Ball is not travelling as fast as in default settings. So i m able to score around 250-270 with very less boundaries.
Also i m playing with skills: batsman - 65, all rounders - 70 and bowlers - 80.
Also pace modifier is working differently with batting modifier and without.
Ball is coming fast with batting modifiers compared to default settings.
I have all modifiers or physics at default. I wasnt able to touch a ball with modifiers enabled. Something is definitely broken, Or the default values for specific difficulty settings.

Also does AI batsman getting out caught in the deep for you?
I even seen your ipl highlights. It looks like they are rare now. Before the patch i think it use to happen frequently.

Also does AI batsman getting out caught in the deep for you?
I even seen your ipl highlights. It looks like they are rare now. Before the patch i think it use to happen frequently.
Yes it has gone down a lot. There are lesser missed timed lofted shots. Probably to do with skills or maybe for better looking dismissals.

@WealeyH Played ODI after setting every player's strength down by 50, so most were in teens, I think Afridi and Inzi were around 30. Pro difficulty, dusty/soft/wearing pitch, bowling as both teams. Note: I also have my "05 ODI" match type with longer, test length boundaries.

VNmOl53.png

Now if you'd asked me before the match based on pitch/conditions I would have said around 270-280 was a very good and most likely winning score, so in that respect the game was very realistic and I had a lot of fun playing it. Really thought Akmal and Pakistan were going to make it until I just ripped through the tail. I thought Murali would do better on such a pitch but seemed like it was a day for pacers.

All I can in the negative say is that some things just still "feel" a bit off. For one thing despite the lowered strength batsmen were still pinging 100m+ sixes, there were a lot of mishits and skiers but every one of them apart from 2 landed perfectly safe (which were both caught by the mid-off fielder running back). Not that this is bad if it just happened in one game but it's a consistent pattern I've noticed from a lot of limited overs bowling, the AI really does feel blessed when they hit the ball in the air. I know it sounds really stupid after all the years of us complaining about the stupid AI holing out all the time, but at least in LO cricket I feel it should still be a pretty common occurrence (if we can somehow keep the AI competitiveness as well). I would quite like my boundary fielders to be more than just run-savers if possible.

Still I'm kind of in the same camp as @Langeveldt. If the game was never patched again I could play it forever quite happily, but if it could somehow be improved even more that would be crazy.

And there were no prod shots of course! :cheers

Yeah I echo these sentiments. It seems there isn't enough penalty for the AI going big.

However at the risk of changing the great state of play we have in the current patch I guess we put up with it :)

@Spoobir @blockerdave thanks for the tip. Reducing the Strength attribute to the base of 25 has worked wonders for human batting as well. Have reduced Drives and Square Cut attributes to the base of 50 just in case. And a self rule of not playing more than 2 straight drives per over(only for tests) has yielded in a good test experience.
Also observed increasing the Seam revolutions to 60 is actually antithetical as, even if the seam movement is prounounced, it's too pronounced for batsmen to connect and get any edges. Will try reducing it to 40, the default was 33 I guess

@Spoobir @blockerdave thanks for the tip. Reducing the Strength attribute to the base of 25 has worked wonders for human batting as well. Have reduced Drives and Square Cut attributes to the base of 50 just in case. And a self rule of not playing more than 2 straight drives per over(only for tests) has yielded in a good test experience.
Also observed increasing the Seam revolutions to 60 is actually antithetical as, even if the seam movement is prounounced, it's too pronounced for batsmen to connect and get any edges. Will try reducing it to 40, the default was 33 I guess

Glad you're enjoying but I think it was @Dutch and @WealeyH who first suggested it.

Before beginning of career mode.
Before beginning Career mode, should I edit all the teams ? Sorry if the question is silly. Can you explain little in detail?

Before beginning Career mode, should I edit all the teams ? Sorry if the question is silly. Can you explain little in detail?

Yes before we begin our career mode , even before we actually select new career, we need to do these changes.
One more point , I was just focusing on batting and bowling attributes till now. After @WealeyH had mentioned even personal attributes like strengths etc also matters. Then you can tweak them as well and check it out.

Last edited:
Yes before we begin our career mode , even before we actually select new career, we need to do these changes.
One more point , I was just focusing on batting and bowling attributes till now. After @WealeyH had mentioned even personal attributes like strengths etc also matters. Then you can tweak them as well and check it out.
Thanks, thought of trying it but I have started a career and midway through the first season. I Feel Editing to all the teams will be need too much of a time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread