Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The current problem in my honest opinion is, that the game handles everything the same , whether in Pro20 Mode or Tests , if you try and hit good length ball through Covers , in Both formats you just nick off if not ideally timed.

Surely in Shorter format of the Game , they should either have made the Timing window bigger , or lowered the chances of edges because of it.

Unfortunately they did not , and now in Online were stuck with a game that everyone just bowls outside off green balls with varying pace....

You cannot leave in Pro20`s , so you middle one now and then , mistime but dont edge , and then later suddenly edges galore .

Action replay.

Not very nice , as no sliders to try and even tinker.

Sad that BA decided thats it, without Zero consultation with the Online Community.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So is that it ? Has @BigAntStudios done with the final arch for Ashes Cricket ? Or the beta team working on fixes ?

nickman100

School Cricketer
First of all, when can we expect the next patch ?

Current patch has a major issue with these edges. Even if you are “Ok” timing and “Good” footwork and Shot, the shot played on offside results in an edge. This happens a lot in Legend mode. Most of the online community plays on Legend mode and these online leagues are pretty much dead now due to these unrealistic ridiculous edges.

Running between wickets - Why does batsman run a full circle around the pitch to get to other end ? Batsman starts running towards offside outside of the Pitch , then all of a sudden changes direction towards legside and crosses over the pitch and due to this longer route ends up getting run out.

Catch drops - Why does fielder drops sitters. Easiest of catches just dropped . Too many catch drops.

360 Shot making - we are missing 360 Shot making . Following shots are missing:
1. Pull shot towards extra-midwicket
2. Square cut (not square drive) . Right now batsman plays square drive.
3. Pull shots / cut shots on short ball. Regardless of the length of the short ball, batsman should be able to play cut shots.
4. Late cut shot is non-existent

Sir Dibby of Dobbler

School Cricketer
First of all, when can we expect the next patch ?

Current patch has a major issue with these edges. Even if you are “Ok” timing and “Good” footwork and Shot, the shot played on offside results in an edge. This happens a lot in Legend mode. Most of the online community plays on Legend mode and these online leagues are pretty much dead now due to these unrealistic ridiculous edges.

I agree. Totally unplayable since the last patch. Nick here, nick there and nick everywhere. What a joke! Before this 'patch' the game was good. But some so called beta testers made them turn it into rubbish. Sigh.

D

Dutch

I agree. Totally unplayable since the last patch. Nick here, nick there and nick everywhere. What a joke! Before this 'patch' the game was good. But some so called beta testers made them turn it into rubbish. Sigh.
Glad you appreciate it....never knew I had so much power.

D

Deleted member 46200

Maybe you're playing to aggressively... With a nick here, nick there... I thought you were talking about a Police raid!

charles04

Club Cricketer
the edges are also very over powered. if they don't go to a fielder they go flying to the boundary

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
My Problem is that it will happen even on "Ok" Timing , so the only two that wont give an edge is Good and Ideal.

Surely , Ok should still be Ok ?

Here`s how I would have liked it to work :

Very Early = Complete Miss or slightly looped up shot to covers (with the outside possibility of reaching close inner ring fielder)
Early - Nick Off
Ok ,Good , Ideal - Nice Shot
Late - Nick Off
Very late - Complete miss , random Edge to Gully

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My Problem is that it will happen even on "Ok" Timing , so the only two that wont give an edge is Good and Ideal.

Very Early = Complete Miss or slightly looped up shot to covers (with the outside possibility of reaching close inner ring fielder)
Early - Nick Off
Late - Nick Off

I must say I don’t have the same issues on the offside. Although I turn batting feedback off so I don’t know what timing I’m getting of course. But judging by how the ball comes off the bat I’m definitely not nailing every one.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Early - Nick Off
Late - Nick Off

but you can still have perfect timing in real life and miss/nick ball as you play down the wrong line

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

Early - Nick Off
Late - Nick Off
I dont like the fact that a shot is compared with the timing feedback.. Its there for people who are new..If we take that into consideration for the shots we play, then we are doomed.. Its the feel you get after you play a shot.. Analyse the shot yourself, and that timing feedback is messed up many times too..I guess its the engine issue here as the game says something and something else happens visually.. The snychronised system should be in place for use to consider that as "the" feedback..

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
but you can still have perfect timing in real life and miss/nick ball as you play down the wrong line

Yes also true in real life for sure, but probably not applicable to the current Problem for Offside Play.[DOUBLEPOST=1531385350][/DOUBLEPOST]
I must say I don’t have the same issues on the offside. Although I turn batting feedback off so I don’t know what timing I’m getting of course. But judging by how the ball comes off the bat I’m definitely not nailing every one.

It could be an Online Only Issue , I would not know.

I know that unfortunately , Online is probably the least tested by All, so might be why its only there .

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I dont like the fact that a shot is compared with the timing feedback.. Its there for people who are new..If we take that into consideration for the shots we play, then we are doomed.. Its the feel you get after you play a shot.. Analyse the shot yourself, and that timing feedback is messed up many times too..I guess its the engine issue here as the game says something and something else happens visually.. The snychronised system should be in place for use to consider that as "the" feedback..

I used to not really pay any attention to that at all , but after the latest Patch and the Nicks , I had to start looking somewhere why its happening.

The problem is also that it will just start happening out of the blue , we call it the "Ross flicked the switch" moment , where all hell will break loose for no reason for a good couple of Overs , and then for some unknown reason will go away again.

So many weird unexplainable stuff happening , especially if you throw the pitch and all the shenanigans surrounding that into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread