Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46200

All formats
Being honest I never replied to you it was the other guy who was just vague your post wasn't. I do feel you've made valid points but I can't offer a reply directly to you as I don't play online. Offline there're differences in gameplay between the formats of the game but others state this has greatly improved. I would ask that member to comment in the same manner you have than rather make sporadic comments which are not descriptive enough for feedback... X

zayno

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
next patch needs to fix the slog sweep shot sending every ball for six when you hitting a spinner. I needed 36 runs to win an T20 and the last over the spinner bowled to me and i hit 6 sixes using the slog sweep . it is too overpowered for spinners.this is on xbox one.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
next patch needs to fix the slog sweep shot sending every ball for six when you hitting a spinner. I needed 36 runs to win an T20 and the last over the spinner bowled to me and i hit 6 sixes using the slog sweep . it is too overpowered for spinners.this is on xbox one.
I can guess pretty wildly that you must be playing in lower difficulties and with standard controls! However it's yours to confirm!

With classic controls, hard batting, in legend mode, the afformentioned situation is extremely unlikely!

zayno

Club Captain
I can guess pretty wildly that you must be playing in lower difficulties and with standard controls! However it's yours to confirm!

With classic controls, hard batting, in legend mode, the afformentioned situation is extremely unlikely!

post your modifiers so i can see what settings you play on for less powered slog sweeps

nickman100

School Cricketer
Being honest I never replied to you it was the other guy who was just vague your post wasn't. I do feel you've made valid points but I can't offer a reply directly to you as I don't play online. Offline there're differences in gameplay between the formats of the game but others state this has greatly improved. I would ask that member to comment in the same manner you have than rather make sporadic comments which are not descriptive enough for feedback... X

What is problematic is, why try fixing something if it is not broken. Patch 1.08 was perfect, there was no need for patch 1.09 which introduced a whole new suite of issues
1. Edges happening on good footwork/timing/Shot selection
2. Too many catch drops. Close-in fielders catches blinders and infield/outfield fielders drops sitters

charles04

Club Cricketer

are the edges behaving differently in different formats ??? anyway I was referring to tests in pro mode. both me batting or AI. especially leading edges, absolutely rockets to the boundary

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What is problematic is, why try fixing something if it is not broken. Patch 1.08 was perfect, there was no need for patch 1.09 which introduced a whole new suite of issues
1. Edges happening on good footwork/timing/Shot selection
2. Too many catch drops. Close-in fielders catches blinders and infield/outfield fielders drops sitters

Patch 1.08 was a piece of shit. No swing, ridiculous seam movement irrespective of conditions.

Patch 1.09 is hands down the best the game has been by a country mile. (Offline at least.)

charles04

Club Cricketer
Patch 1.08 was a piece of shit. No swing, ridiculous seam movement irrespective of conditions.

Patch 1.09 is hands down the best the game has been by a country mile. (Offline at least.)

but theres still many many issues which makes it far from being ideal. and I suspect a lot of them will never be addressed

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
but theres still many many issues which makes it far from being ideal. and I suspect a lot of them will never be addressed

I’m not denying there’s issues, I think there always will be regardless of how many patches. Even previously fixed things have crept back in.

But the idea 1.08 was so good is laughable.

I know it’s not possible online, but offline people need to play around with difficulty sliders and see if they can address the nicking issue, and also think about how they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread