Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

charles04

Club Cricketer
I think the game is good now and I am not really having any problems, good work by Big Ant.

I think Big Ant should just work on their next Cricket title and try to release it for the world Cup next year.

Next title????

they cant even get this one right and you want a next half baked version:eek:

D

Deleted member 46200

Next title????

Something every games developer has been getting away with... ? Trust me, @BigAntStudios they care and things hurt them so they will do their best... Is it really that broke? Think, they are a small operation and getting better, better every day. Ross and Mikey are passionate about games so stick to positive feed x

rasdan

Club Captain
Something every games developer has been getting away with... ? Trust me, @BigAntStudios they care and things hurt them so they will do their best... Is it really that broke? Think, they are a small operation and getting better, better every day. Ross and Mikey are passionate about games so stick to positive feed x

absolutely.This is by far the best cricket sim ive ever played and yes there are faults/bugs whatever you want to call them but for the price i paid for this game i am very happy with it.Im 38 years old and lose hours without knowing it,a great indication of a great game imo.Everyone sees things differently but i can live with the little issues and tbh the only thing that gets me a bit annoyed is the mis fields being called as dropped catches but hey its a small thing to me.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Next title????

I don't seem to have any problems with this game right now.
I think it's the best cricket game out there right now, my only wish will be to have a more in depth career mode because after a while its gets repetitive.
but we need to be positive and let Big Ant know that will we support them and give them ideas for the next title.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Oh! This is best! BA is amazing and this game is a masterpiece!!"
"Terrible! This game is another half baked garbage by greedy, money hungry BA, who care less about the loyal customers!"

Neither of those statements justifies this game! Point one, BA had shown amazing post release support which had made a luckluster tennis game (the original AO) to an impressive simulation. So, I did regain my faith in them. They did so with this title as well. This game however, was decent on day one and a solid improvisation has happened with the next few big updates. Point two, Ashes has it's area of improvement, mainly feature wise! Career mode still lacks depth, online still needs intensive caring.... but you have to agree here, and give the credit to these guys that within an year and half, since that don bradman 17 horror show, they had provided us a rejuvenated, fresh Ashes!
Now, I'm confident on BA's ability to deliver us more great sports simulation and I'll love to provide extended support if needed! Personally I'd love a game developed on field hockey....umm.. May be someday!
So, to the matter in hand, I'm expecting one last patch from them which should address few glaring gameplay bugs and that's it! Features can be and should be brought with a new title/ iteration. We can't possibly expect those in official patches!

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I could see that even last week there was a patch for AO Tennis. There has been patches for tennis in 2-3 weeks at least once. There might be two reasons to it.

1. More Customers and Market sales for tennis as compared to cricket.
2. More bugs then cricket.

What might be the reason that cricket is not patched as frequent comparatively?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I could see that even last week there was a patch for AO Tennis. There has been patches for tennis in 2-3 weeks at least once. There might be two reasons to it.

Competitor games, duh.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

Might be a rotational policy between the games. When Ashes was being patched AO was abandoned, I guess its now AO's turn to get patched.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
26DB326F-5039-4963-B1D0-FE5A99B1501B.jpeg Fired up the game for 1st time in a while.. was definitely burnt out on it..

Tried to recreate the SL V SA series.

Forgot how tough it can be!

SL basically going with 1 Seamer and the 3 spinners. On a dusty old track.

@blockerdave your appreciate the grind ha!

The sliders are a good edition although that’s all on default.

Attachments

• D53566C1-5231-40EC-B995-A3D894CF19EA.jpeg
    D53566C1-5231-40EC-B995-A3D894CF19EA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
D

Dutch

Might be a rotational policy between the games. When Ashes was being patched AO was abandoned, I guess its now AO's turn to get patched.
Nope: the whole time AO was/has been patched they were working on Ashes as well.

PjPage59

Club Captain
This would have to be my second favourite cricket game of all time. Still loving it and playing it every day.

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
Played it after a while and was thrilled to see a new patch...however, I've noticed some weird AI pacing issues after this patch, especially in the shorter format.

I've played a few T20s now on this patch (1.09 on PS4) and in all of them, the AI when batting first completely slows down to a halt in the last 2-3 overs. E.g. it was 160/4 in 17 overs, and 168/5 at the end of 20. It even defended a few balls in the last over!

What gives? I didn't see this behavior in the earlier version of the game. I am playing on Veteran. Is there any way to mitigate this? Does increasing the players' judgment (or some other player attribute) help to make it play smarter? Thanks

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Played it after a while and was thrilled to see a new patch...however, I've noticed some weird AI pacing issues after this patch, especially in the shorter format.

I've played a few T20s now on this patch (1.09 on PS4) and in all of them, the AI when batting first completely slows down to a halt in the last 2-3 overs. E.g. it was 160/4 in 17 overs, and 168/5 at the end of 20. It even defended a few balls in the last over!

What gives? I didn't see this behavior in the earlier version of the game. I am playing on Veteran. Is there any way to mitigate this? Does increasing the players' judgment (or some other player attribute) help to make it play smarter? Thanks

This unfortunately changed after a few complaints of when it was the opposite and the AI went berserk.

Long Format I feel is superb.
Short format not quite

D

Deleted member 185125

I have the AI set at very high skills, even then 17th to 19th over in T20 they play defensively. Happens only when they bat first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread