Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This unfortunately changed after a few complaints of when it was the opposite and the AI went berserk.

Long Format I feel is superb.
Short format not quite

miserable git that i am, i'd insert an "almost"... long format is almost superb.

AI (lack of) use of part time bowlers, field sets with nobody square, fielder placement (very low rated bowlers used at slip/close in), lack of pitch deterioration on resume... these are niggly rather than game breaking but add up to keep the game a little short of superb. especially annoying is that part timers and fielder placement were fixed at one point.

that said 1.09 is still hands down the best i recall playing, including any of the betas i was involved in[DOUBLEPOST=1532526162][/DOUBLEPOST]
View attachment 211429 Fired up the game for 1st time in a while.. was definitely burnt out on it..

Tried to recreate the SL V SA series.

Forgot how tough it can be!

SL basically going with 1 Seamer and the 3 spinners. On a dusty old track.

@blockerdave your appreciate the grind ha!

The sliders are a good edition although that’s all on default.

i had a period in an inns the other day i was going at 5 an over!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
miserable git that i am, i'd insert an "almost"... long format is almost superb.

AI (lack of) use of part time bowlers, field sets with nobody square, fielder placement (very low rated bowlers used at slip/close in), lack of pitch deterioration on resume... these are niggly rather than game breaking but add up to keep the game a little short of superb. especially annoying is that part timers and fielder placement were fixed at one point.

that said 1.09 is still hands down the best i recall playing, including any of the betas i was involved in[DOUBLEPOST=1532526162][/DOUBLEPOST]

Can't say I've played much at all lately, but generally was having few problems with bowlers in slips when set very low for everything except outfield. Likewise, slip fielders, in order to be in slips need to have low infield and low outfield stats. It seems slips are allocated last. So, you can't really have a player like Steve Smith or Ben Stokes that could field anywhere.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Yeah that may be thbe random switch in difficulty that occurs..

I have just bowled the ball of the century with Maharaj pitched outside leg hits top of off!

Filthy!

Agree with what you say above.. doesn’t both me too much tbf but can see why it may!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah that may be thbe random switch in difficulty that occurs..

I have just bowled the ball of the century with Maharaj pitched outside leg hits top of off!

Filthy!

Agree with what you say above.. doesn’t both me too much tbf but can see why it may!!

it's jarring more than anything... you know when you get a gorgeous looking bat pad and it was 6'6" Gus Fraser leaping showing leopard-like reflexes to snaffle the chance low to his left, it takes a bit of shine off! not game breaking by any means but a little meh...

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nope: the whole time AO was/has been patched they were working on Ashes as well.
Yup what ever might be the reason ,many patches has been given for tennis then cricket. One more reason might be easy to patch as well.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
DC766612-BE53-4811-831F-7286F98FA7ED.jpeg
it's jarring more than anything... you know when you get a gorgeous looking bat pad and it was 6'6" Gus Fraser leaping showing leopard-like reflexes to snaffle the chance low to his left, it takes a bit of shine off! not game breaking by any means but a little meh...

Didn’t expect that.. almost following the actual real life test.. Maharaj with 10fer! Game back on!

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
This unfortunately changed after a few complaints of when it was the opposite and the AI went berserk.

Long Format I feel is superb.
Short format not quite

:( Any hope for a future patch to fix this? Yeah, I'm clutching at straws here.

Anyway, really strange bug though - what kind of AI code was put in place to just slow down in the last 3 overs of a limited overs match.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
:( Any hope for a future patch to fix this? Yeah, I'm clutching at straws here.

Anyway, really strange bug though - what kind of AI code was put in place to just slow down in the last 3 overs of a limited overs match.
I would that limited overs issues are a priority. I lost interest after a couple of matches where the difference between batting first and second is so glaring it felt pointless to bother.

D

Dutch

Yup what ever might be the reason ,many patches has been given for tennis then cricket. One more reason might be easy to patch as well.
There were countless updates to the beta builds.....all the while tennis was going

ndschan

Club Captain
I think the game is good now and I am not really having any problems, good work by Big Ant.

I think Big Ant should just work on their next Cricket title and try to release it for the world Cup next year.
That's a good idea, to have a game with just limited overs game. It's difficult to balance the mechanics of Tests and Limited overs. Unlike any other sport, Cricket provides infinite variables and sometimes the same yard stick cannot be applied to two forms of the game

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
That's a good idea, to have a game with just limited overs game. It's difficult to balance the mechanics of Tests and Limited overs. Unlike any other sport, Cricket provides infinite variables and sometimes the same yard stick cannot be applied to two forms of the game
I'd much rather they continued working on this game and getting it as good as possible. If they reach a point where the code and systems of the game need to be overhauled then go down that route.

Maybe even explore alternative and creative strategies for any release that may come in the future. Discounts for existing customers, or something akin to an expansion pack like you'd see from a game like Xcom or Civilization, with new content added at a smaller price point, options to purchase single format versions (e.g. a £10.99 T20 only version, or a normal price point for all formats.) A time limited demo where you can play a single format with licensed players might tempt more to try before they buy and result in more people giving it a go. I don't see why the approach needs to be: new game every game, unless alternatives are financially unviable.

ndschan

Club Captain
I'd much rather they continued working on this game and getting it as good as possible. If they reach a point where the code and systems of the game need to be overhauled then go down that route.

Maybe even explore alternative and creative strategies for any release that may come in the future. Discounts for existing customers, or something akin to an expansion pack like you'd see from a game like Xcom or Civilization, with new content added at a smaller price point, options to purchase single format versions (e.g. a £10.99 T20 only version, or a normal price point for all formats.) A time limited demo where you can play a single format with licensed players might tempt more to try before they buy and result in more people giving it a go. I don't see why the approach needs to be: new game every game, unless alternatives are financially unviable.
Agreed. Problem emerges from primitive AI. Ideally in Tests if the wicket is flat and the swing variable amount is less, AI should limit the slips and cover the Off Side, but that rarely happens, you end up getting a free zone on the offside. The same wouldn't happen in ODI as there are seperate fielding presets.

Not sure if I am coming out as lucid as am sounding in my head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread