Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
My question was how is this game going to help big ant make money especially with their piss poor promotional campaign? Are they looking to make a game that builds on their work this far or are they trying to score brownie points by jumping on the PC bandwagon?

Call it whatever you want but I have said this multiple times. I have nothing against women/ any group being successful but what bothers me is this idea that they should be made to do everything that men do without there being an actual reason or need for it. What we see on the internet and to a degree in the real world are a bunch of misandrists who are quick to jump to conclusions and don't even know why or what they are fighting for. Women should find other ways to be successful and are more than capable of doing so too. Doing the same things as men after all this, is no progress.

Look, they might be risking losing the misogynist crowd, but given that's about 4 idiots in a tin shed these days they're probably willing to risk it for that pretty large WBBL crowd. Given the pretty dramatic success of the WBBL, and the popularity of cricket with women, it makes sense. Hell, arguably the most recognisable cricketer in the country who isn't currently serving a ban for being a gigantic cheating twat is... you know, a women.

lexluger

Club Captain
Look, they might be risking losing the misogynist crowd, but given that's about 4 idiots in a tin shed these days they're probably willing to risk it for that pretty large WBBL crowd. Given the pretty dramatic success of the WBBL, and the popularity of cricket with women, it makes sense. Hell, arguably the most recognisable cricketer in the country who isn't currently serving a ban for being a gigantic cheating twat is... you know, a women.

That's lovely dear

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
bigbashboom-switch-paine-batting-1538691103854.png
bigbashboom-switch-mascot-strikers-1538691103846.png

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Good to see that they want to support the switch with future full blown cricket games too according to this:

https://www.vooks.net/big-ants-future-cricket-tennis-games-in-development-coming-to-switch/

Sign me up Big Ant, I'm ready.

Just make sure the motion controls can account for a more arcade style of play AND a hardcore sim style, I'm ready to play a fully motion controlled career mode and get my arse handed to me :p hehe

On another note, I was in Melbourne for PAX and I saw a booth with a Big Ant Logo on it, but no cricket to be seen! what gives! just kidding guys looked like you were helping out some indie developers.

Reactions: DAP

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Just make sure the motion controls can account for a more arcade style of play AND a hardcore sim style, I'm ready to play a fully motion controlled career mode and get my arse handed to me :p hehe

On another note, I was in Melbourne for PAX and I saw a booth with a Big Ant Logo on it, but no cricket to be seen! what gives! just kidding guys looked like you were helping out some indie developers.
Hey mate from your knowledge on this game, will it be Arcade or simulation or both.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Yes, just saw this one on their channel! Lovely Initiative @BigAntStudios

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I generally don't post anything at all and just observe what's going on but the kind of hate and opinions most of the said "experts" have been expressing is just sad.

I understand you want an authentic experience but when you say this is not going to work, what is that based on? Do you have numbers or examples to back it?

Just because you want an authentic experience doesn't mean everyone else wants it too.

In my opinion a casual/arcade cricket game could do wonders, not everybody has the time to play even 1 hour nonstop. Yes, I do have an example to back it - Mario Tennis, the game is insanely fun and so many people play it online. I am not saying that the game will be less or more fun than Mario Tennis.

Making an arcade game doesn't mean that it will have no difficulty curve or skill to master, it will come with its own mechanics, diffculty curve, which you'll need to master.

I can't wait for this game to come out & play with friends over drinks.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I generally don't post anything at all and just observe what's going on but the kind of hate and opinions most of the said "experts" have been expressing is just sad.

I understand you want an authentic experience but when you say this is not going to work, what is that based on? Do you have numbers or examples to back it?

Just because you want an authentic experience doesn't mean everyone else wants it too.

In my opinion a casual/arcade cricket game could do wonders, not everybody has the time to play even 1 hour nonstop. Yes, I do have an example to back it - Mario Tennis, the game is insanely fun and so many people play it online. I am not saying that the game will be less or more fun than Mario Tennis.

Making an arcade game doesn't mean that it will have no difficulty curve or skill to master, it will come with it's own mechanics, diffculty curve, which you'll need to master.

I don't like your post because it made sense and was logical which I am not used to..:p

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India

Making an arcade game doesn't mean that it will have no difficulty curve or skill to master, it will come with it's own mechanics, diffculty curve, which you'll need to master.

I have another example to back what you say, the WII Sports was so much fun in its arcade style, even Ashes Cricket 2009 by Codemasters was fun on WII despite real bad graphics (compared to the PC Version)!

Users who are viewing this thread