LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They can do a dlc for the world cup as much as possible without a licence.It can't be a mistake that there is no world cup in the career mode.Maybe they can get a sponsor to fund the game or is that against what they stand for
Agree. A WC DLC will be great.

Reactions: DAP
D

Deleted member 185125

Agree. A WC DLC will be great.
The Ashes steamdb did update their DLC section few months back. Maybe thatst what it is. Having said that, I would prefer a new game with improved gameplay/mechanics than a dlc which might only add cosmetics.
I'm still eager to see some gameplay for Big Bash Boom. Since it only focuses on T20, AI aspects (mentality, runrate etc) shouldn't be complicated like Ashes, to get it right.
One question though. Aren't the forum beta guys involved in this game?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The Ashes steamdb did update their DLC section few months back. Maybe thatst what it is. Having said that, I would prefer a new game with improved gameplay/mechanics than a dlc which might only add cosmetics.
I'm still eager to see some gameplay for Big Bash Boom. Since it only focuses on T20, AI aspects (mentality, runrate etc) shouldn't be complicated like Ashes, to get it right.
One question though. Aren't the forum beta guys involved in this game?
A new game will take time and money for now. Considering atm they are just about to release a new game. So between the time a dlc would be a good addition and will keep the ashes alive for a while.

Yup. The guys involved in BigAntsStudio are member here on this site.

D

Deleted member 185125

A new game will take time and money for now. Considering atm they are just about to release a new game. So between the time a dlc would be a good addition and will keep the ashes alive for a while.

Yup. The guys involved in BigAntsStudio are member here on this site.

Even if there is DLC specifically for the World cup, I don't think BA would spent money on getting new licenses just for a DLC. ATM, the Academy creations are good enough. Though the licensed ones does look way superior.
The world cup match format is something that can be included, but not sure if a DLC is required for that though. Maybe licensed English stadiums as well.
If the DLC is gonna bring in some gameplay changes then it might be worth it. I doubt it though

I was referring to the forum beta testers of Ashes. Wanted to know if there are also part of beta testing team for Big bash boom.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Bourke Street...close to BA HQ right...another madman....hope all are well!

One person was unfortunately stabbed to death. Sad that it has occurred in the same area another lunatic killed 6 people last year with his car... (his trial is currently underway as well)

D

Dutch

One person was unfortunately stabbed to death. Sad that it has occurred in the same area another lunatic killed 6 people last year with his car... (his trial is currently underway as well)
Ah maybe that's why this has happened now.....what they hope to achieve I don't know except alienating people even more...perhaps that is the goal...bit off topic but connected as well....

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think any World Cup license would be down to the ICC thinking there's money in it for them, cause that's their priority. Given the influence the ECB and Cricket Australia have I'd imagine it would only take the BCCI to get on board to have all of the others fall in line. But the main priority of the BCCI is the same as the ICC.

Personally, it's gonna take big improvements to the gameplay - you know, the cricket - rather than more licenses to get me on board for buying any future games.
Back in the day, Brian Lara Cricket ‘07 had full licenses in their World Cup Mode, for all nations participating that year. So, it can happen. I do think ICC would want a good CWC Game to market the tournament even more.[DOUBLEPOST=1541777289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Even if they do release a WC based game, I doubt they'll have the funding to get licensing for Australia and England again, I'll be very surprised if they release another game until the likely AO 2 in early 2020 after the Big Bash game comes out.
Disagree. CWC is big as it gets, and remember Ashes Cricket did come only a year after DBC 17!

D

Dutch

So, it can happen. I do think ICC would want a good CWC Game to market the tournament even more.

you may have forgotten the Cricket Revolution utter garbage that the ICC sanctioned for the 2011 WC I think it was....utter utter shambles and complete twaddle of the Trumpth degree....

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Back in the day, Brian Lara Cricket ‘07 had full licenses in their World Cup Mode, for all nations participating that year. So, it can happen. I do think ICC would want a good CWC Game to market the tournament even more.

I'm not saying it's impossible. I think there will be a new game next summer. At the very least I'd expect it to be Ashes 2019 licensed. They've got some licenses for Australian domestic cricket based on the update to Ashes and the Big Bash game coming. Maybe if they added county cricket to that too it'd be another huge step forward. If there's no World Cup next time, there's always a chance of a World T20 license in 2020.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Bourke Street...close to BA HQ right...another madman....hope all are well!
kinda big ant studio is in Southbank it a couple of k it a fair distance the incident took place in a mall

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Back in the day, Brian Lara Cricket ‘07 had full licenses in their World Cup Mode, for all nations participating that year. So, it can happen. I do think ICC would want a good CWC Game to market the tournament even more.[DOUBLEPOST=1541777289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Disagree. CWC is big as it gets, and remember Ashes Cricket did come only a year after DBC 17!

My point was that I don't believe Big Ant have the budget to be able to afford licensing for it, if they announce a game before the WC, it will most likely be without licensing.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My point was that I don't believe Big Ant have the budget to be able to afford licensing for it, if they announce a game before the WC, it will most likely be without licensing.
Game play improvement over existing Ashes game is much much more important than Licensed teams. And then luckily we have greats like Llewelyn ,waste and Snowy for looking after teams. I own all sports BA games on steam and will buy in future also .

Users who are viewing this thread