Cricket 19 General Discussion

Ashy-90

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would turn down some of the detail settings if you're getting lag.
I disabled Ambient occlusion and Boom ..

Now it is fixed for almost 95% ...

Im Running game on 21:9 widescreen .. does it needs to tick letterbox ??

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm in the middle. It feels like a faithful representation, some gorgeous bits, and a lot of detail. Then there are some things where you wonder if anyone down there has seen a game of cricket at all, that deteriorate as patches come down the line.

And no, I don't want to play RPIC2005, as the whole package isn't better. But are we not allowed to compare? It was a standup game for its time, a fantastic production.

It shouldn’t be necessary, but never play on standard pitch and make sure you have fast wear. Then there will be deterioration.

It’s not good enough, not by a long shot.

What’s worse there’s no sense of it deteriorating from state a to state b... eg light cracks on day 1 should be heavy cracks on day 5 but they are still light.

A dry pitch should move towards dusty, a dusty pitch should crumble, standard should dry out etc. None of this happens. It “deteriorates” by becoming a bit scuffed.

This is very bad for a 4th innings of a game that has tried in so many aspects to move towards realism. But since in every iteration they’ve been entirely incapable of handling saves competently it’s not wholly surprising.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm playing Ps4.Still cannot assign bats to English and Australian players(ones with stupid generic ones).When restarting game they revert back.Played a whole Ashes test as England(pitch green/soft)Nathan Lyon never bowled a single ball.I know the game has bigger issues but these are few issues that I don't see people picking up on.I can still enjoy the game but it is getting tedious and cannot wait for the EA releases.I love cricket but every time they attempt to fix something it causes havoc in the game elsewhere.This has happened in all 4 previous titles and also AO Tennis.I think the games are better b4 they start tinkering apart from crashes they fix.They either need funding or they need to drop their prices.These games are not worth £50(UK)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
If a football game didn’t bother modelling offside, or movement of the ball on eg dry or wet grounds on the basis most people wouldn’t give a shit would you think it was ok?

Offside is a huge fundamental part of the game that if not implemented would break the game.

Ball movement - No

Kids that spend thousands upon thousands of pounds on ultimate team etc mainly don’t give a crap about that. As long as it’s fun.

Just like the majority of kids at my school who have cricket 19 just enjoy wacking their mates around the park.

The white ball swinging the same or more than the red ball. Doesn’t come up in convo.

We as cricket enthusiasts pick these things up they don’t, it’s not important to them.

Doesn’t mean you or I or anyone else is wrong though..

You know me, and like @Dutch said I definitely care. I’d like a bloody choice of roller before each innings. But are they going to cater to me? Nah..

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It shouldn’t be necessary, but never play on standard pitch and make sure you have fast wear. Then there will be deterioration.

It’s not good enough, not by a long shot.

What’s worse there’s no sense of it deteriorating from state a to state b... eg light cracks on day 1 should be heavy cracks on day 5 but they are still light.

A dry pitch should move towards dusty, a dusty pitch should crumble, standard should dry out etc. None of this happens. It “deteriorates” by becoming a bit scuffed.

This is very bad for a 4th innings of a game that has tried in so many aspects to move towards realism. But since in every iteration they’ve been entirely incapable of handling saves competently it’s not wholly surprising.

It’s there but like iv said before it’s nowhere near enough and too small too really notice..

U fortunately we need someone to sit down and go through it properly which at the moment doesn’t seem possible..

U no how much I like my pitches..

fezza

Club Captain
If you'd said a few years ago that racing sims should include contact patch variation, dynamic tyre deformation, chassis flex and air intake performance everyone would have said these were unnecessary and players wouldn't be able to appreciate them. Now they are a standard feature of proper racing sims.

I suspect cricket fans will gradually demand more simulation detail and depth. A ball is to cricket is what a tyre is to racing. Simply smacking a ball soon gets old if there is no real challenge or depth. More depth is essential if people are going to buy the next edition.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
If you'd said a few years ago that racing sims should include contact patch variation, dynamic tyre deformation, chassis flex and air intake performance everyone would have said these were unnecessary and players wouldn't be able to appreciate them. Now they are a standard feature of proper racing sims.

I suspect cricket fans will gradually demand more simulation detail and depth. A ball is to cricket is what a tyre is to racing. Simply smacking a ball soon gets old if there is no real challenge or depth. More depth is essential if people are going to buy the next edition.

Again I completely agree. But I’d still say the target audience still wouldn’t care that much.

I have so many cricket mad friends who wouldn’t dare play a cricket game as it bores the life out of them. Yet they all love a tear up on the race track.

Even on here the majority love the crash bang wallop of ODI’s or Limited overs. Very few are grinding through a whole Tests Series.

I’d love the ultimate simulation. 100%.

My point was, money and recourses at the moment in my opinion are not going to be put into really really small niche parts of the game. Budgets are too tight and there’s other priorities.

There’s 15 teams at my school most of the kids have the game. They all think it’s absolutely amazing. When I mention some of my gripes with it they look at me as if I’m talking utter crap.

F1 is a superb game. But I dare say codemasters is far bigger with far more recourses than BA will have.

That’s just my opinion.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I personally think for the recourses they have BA do a pretty solid job.

There are certain things that make no sense to me and I always feel the games are rushed and lacking polish but for me it’s still the best cricket game I have played.

I don’t agree with the way they do many things but I’m sure there’s reasons behind the decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread