SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Also, I may as well post this now as I'm not sure I'll get to day 4, but this looks class

1639493734363.png
Green as can be on day 1, then patches start to fade away and get rubbed off, then by day 3 there's far more dirt than grass. The creases are starting to get scuffed up as well.

No idea if any of this would have any impact on gameplay, but I still think visually it's ace.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
No idea if any of this would have any impact on gameplay, but I still think visually it's ace.
Yep, the visual pitch deterioration is great to see, but i just wish i could have more confidence it actually does affect gameplay. Would love to see more uneven bounce late in a game etc.

caprikaps

Club Captain
Oof! Well, this one progressed quickly!

Firstly, I should say that day 1 of this game was PS4 1.08, it then updated yesterday evening and today I was 1.09. Pretty much me being 30-1 or so, onwards. Not sure how much difference that will make, but worth noting.

In the early going, I did great. They only put 228 up, so I fancied my chances of at least getting there. The only wicket I lost in the morning session was running Hameed out. Legitimate run out as well. I felt like there was a single to midwicket and set off, just didn't get there. 6 inches short or so. Nice that it wasn't a bug, just a bad decision.

100-1 at lunch, day 2. Laughing! Only 128 behind, 9 wickets left. Tuck into the tea and cake boys, we're on here!

View attachment 259401
100-1 to 185 all done, 10 overs before tea. Absolute carnage.

The Burns run out was a bug (that I've reported) where he didn't stay in his ground after returning following a cancelled run. Everything else was legitimately hard work. I can't say for sure, but I feel like the ball is doing more now than when I bowled. It's nipping everywhere and the swing is more than enough as well.

Malan went first ball after lunch slashing at a wide one. Root got bowled. Bairstow mistimed a drive and chipped to short cover. Stokes edged a full one to slip. Buttler feathered one. I couldn't keep track of the clips after that but Woakes was caught behind and Archer drilled one to point. I did at least put 19 on with Anderson and Broad trying to smash everything, but even that didn't last long!

I will say, 4 of the edges were ok timing, not early or late. Bairstow's drive was late, but my efforts to make this more bowler friendly with narrower margins for error off the batting team clearly worked.

Before we move on, this is just awesome.

Watching that again, I'd still try and drive that now. I shouldn't, on that deck you need to get in behind it and wait for a wide one, but it sure is tempting!

So......43 behind, what could we do in the final session of day two?

View attachment 259403
Action! Excitement! 15 wickets fall in the day and WI are 166 ahead with 5 wickets remaining. Chase still there, he made 50 in the first innings, and Da Silva still to come, who also looked good first up.

Nice to see two catches to the keeper, Buttler only had one in the first innings. Run out wasn't a bug either, like mine, it looked like a single could be on and it wasn't.

So, will the collapse continue? Will the AI do a famous tail wag? Will I fold batting in the second innings regardless? Sure is going to be fun to find out!
I’ve been following your posts here very closely and I should admit that only by reading them, it gets me the immersion which we live for.

I do remember your slider settings but could you possibly confirm the below?
1. What’s your batting difficulty? - custom sliders?
2. What’s the AI difficulty - Legend, 20 run rate and 35 wicket chance across pitches?

sorry if this is repetitive question but I’m a big fan of test cricket and I could see you are taking steps in right direction to make this immersive for everyone

look forward

Rain94

School Cricketer
@Rumple43 Are you sure that you are on 1.09 because if your game updated today, it should have already been 1.10, at least according to Ross. Steam and PS5 are already on 1.10 since yesterday.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I played 1.08 yesterday, then 1.09 dropped about 5pm last night I think, GMT.

1.09 installed for me when I turned on first thing this morning, 0.1.1368, and was the version I played today.

I can check, but pretty sure that's what happened for me.

Didn't know another patch had gone live since last night, but cool if it has. I'm on PS4 as well, I know you mentioned PS5 in your message, not sure if they're on the same patching schedule?

Last edited:

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Just started another game as well, Australia v Windies at Hobart.

Standard pitch this time, medium bounce, won the toss and bowled.
Windies were punishing me early, ended 100 odd for no loss at lunch RR around 3.8 and as you can see, got to 149 before i struck. This led to a bit of a fightback to end the day 303/6 with the RR coming down to around 3.3, so the AI Desired Run Rate of 18 i set did its intended job. Still too many silly overthrows for 5 on the board but nothing i can do about that.

ed1.jpg

Bowling figures, and nice to see a few more maidens on the board, especially from the metronomic Hazlewood etc. I took the new ball at 80 overs and was all over them but couldnt snaffle another. Need to try and wrap this innings up in the morning on Day Two for no more than 375 ideally.

1639518831147.jpeg

All in all a good days test cricket, and you can certainly see the bounce on the standard as opposed to grassy pitch is well over stumps at stock height, which wasnt the case on grassy.

swisscheese

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
so i thought id give these slider settings a try on an odi match simulated the batting so the computer was chasing 318. bowling was alot of fun got some nice footage might just stick to these settings enjoying em so far

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
so i thought id give these slider settings a try on an odi match simulated the batting so the computer was chasing 318. bowling was alot of fun got some nice footage might just stick to these settings enjoying em so far
Some nice dismissals there, what AI level and bowling diff were you on?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Interesting stuff. I've only been looking at tests so far, good to see some white ball love!

Looks like it gave you a decent game, which is really encouraging!

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
@Rumple43 now unless im seeing things (which is entirely possible!), im bowling with Lyon morning of Day two and there seems to be noticeably more turn from his stock off break, a good few inches sharper than day one.

Some testing on this would be good - potentially very exciting if the pitch (standard medium) or any sort of combo of certain pitches can be proven to turn more as the match wears on.

swisscheese

Club Captain
Interesting stuff. I've only been looking at tests so far, good to see some white ball love!

Looks like it gave you a decent game, which is really encouraging!
it was by far the most fun ive had playing this game.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Just started another game as well, Australia v Windies at Hobart.

Standard pitch this time, medium bounce, won the toss and bowled.
Windies were punishing me early, ended 100 odd for no loss at lunch RR around 3.8 and as you can see, got to 149 before i struck. This led to a bit of a fightback to end the day 303/6 with the RR coming down to around 3.3, so the AI Desired Run Rate of 18 i set did its intended job. Still too many silly overthrows for 5 on the board but nothing i can do about that.

View attachment 259428

Bowling figures, and nice to see a few more maidens on the board, especially from the metronomic Hazlewood etc. I took the new ball at 80 overs and was all over them but couldnt snaffle another. Need to try and wrap this innings up in the morning on Day Two for no more than 375 ideally.

View attachment 259429

All in all a good days test cricket, and you can certainly see the bounce on the standard as opposed to grassy pitch is well over stumps at stock height, which wasnt the case on grassy.
Got them all out for 395 in the end, bought Steve Smith on out of desperation and he cleaned the tail up with two for none :lol

23/2 in reply thanks to a silly shot and suicidal run, i need to dig in for the long haul.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Also, I may as well post this now as I'm not sure I'll get to day 4, but this looks class

View attachment 259409
Green as can be on day 1, then patches start to fade away and get rubbed off, then by day 3 there's far more dirt than grass. The creases are starting to get scuffed up as well.

Does the pitch wear actually stay now when you save and exit, and then reload into the match because in C19 it would always reset each time you loaded back into the match. Was very annoying having the pitch look how it did before the first ball was bowled on day one, on the 4th or 5th day of a test.

Users who are viewing this thread