Wealey's Realism Gameplay Tweaks

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok, first test of my Franchise Test League, 10 tens playing home and away before a semi finals, i drafted the teams myself, my knowledge of a lot of players isnt great so forgive me if batsmen are batting higher/lower than they should be. But using the adjustments i noted above ive had good gameplay, Joburg have had a bit of a collapse which is alarming on this gold a pitch but we'll see how it goes. Wickets were lovely including the Rabada wicket caught by Ul haq on the ring.
Looks the goods, how did you create a test league? I had a look but could only see 4 day league matches?
I have made my own custom sides renaming and skilling players for the sake of it, just finishing them off but hoping to be able to do a 8 team league with test matches rather than 4 day games?

jwestbury661

School Cricketer
Looks the goods, how did you create a test league? I had a look but could only see 4 day league matches?
I have made my own custom sides renaming and skilling players for the sake of it, just finishing them off but hoping to be able to do a 8 team league with test matches rather than 4 day games?
Created the competition in competition designer

Guesty98

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Have been reading for quite some time and have trialled a few methods with different pitch sliders. Playing on PS5 and note that I'm not very good.

Downloaded 90s/00s Australia and 90s West Indies teams (credit to the creators). Reskilled both teams with @Rumple43s guide with me as the Aussies. Note, I set all the West Indians bowlers to Level 1 with their batting.

1st Test at the SCG, I used the Indian pitch settings for this one. The West Indies won the toss & elected to bowl.

Scored just the solitary boundary (a Ponting on-drive through a vacant mid-on) in the first session. Hayden edged a late shot to gully, Ponting was bowled misjudging a pull shot and Mark Waugh was bowled by Carl Hooper (when I wasn't looking at the screen). Taylor survived the session and we went to lunch at 3-42.

Taylor registered his first boundary just after lunch with a cover drive and was then run out from a direct hit from fine leg for 27. Steve Waugh was out to a sloppy drive and Gilchrist was bowled for 4 to leave us 6-72. Things didn't get any better as the tail didn't offer much resistance and only a few lusty blows from Jason Gillespie got us over the 100 mark as we were dismissed for 105.

Scoring was really tough, I feel as if a combination of the reduced power and my inability was the reason. Some shots that got through the infield pulled up just short of the boundary which was annoying and there were a number of "good" & "ideal" shots that resulted in balls going straight to the folder. Felt good facing the quicks, and being forced to make a decision super quickly.

With ball in hand, it was the Jason Gillespie show as he reduced the visitors to 5-47 in a blink of an eye. The best part being they all felt like genuine dismissals! Campbell drove in the air to point, Lara was trapped in front by a leg cutter just four balls later. Haynes edged behind (if I remember, it was set up as a slower outswing sucker ball). Richie Richardson hit a drive for four, and then edged to gully next ball, before Adams spooned a drive to Mark Waugh at cover.

A direct hit by Gillespie at fine leg got Hooper just as he was getting going to leave the possibility of us somehow securing a first innings lead. Chanderpaul (52) and Murray (34) had other ideas. Chanderpaul enjoyed gliding Warne past slip (21 of his runs came from that shot) while Murray was able to work Warne's legbreaks across the line with apparent ease despite genuine turn.

Warne removed both set batsmen in the saver over, Murray driving a full top spinner back to the bowler (bit of a flukey diving catch) and then Chanderpaul edging to short leg. Another dodgy run out (after a safe single, batsman ran back out of the crease after the ball had been returned) and then Ambrose edged a Warne legbreak where Gilchrist snaffled the chance and there all out for 153.

Was an awesome experience, always felt like I was a chance of a wicket except when Murray & Chanderpaul were really set. Getting Lara was a big thrill, the lowered judgement seemed to help me, boundaries came off bad balls, never felt like the last ball smash was a thing, run rate was reflective of how they batted. The way Chanderpaul scored against Warne was annoying, but I should have plugged the hole. A few play & missed, some very near misses. Interested to see what happens if I can get Border & Warner bowling together in the last dig.

To make things easier, have reduced the batting sliders (somewhere better the default medium & hard, hopefully makes scoring a bit easier), currently 0-18 after 10 with the one boundary, an off-drive past mid-off. No chances, a few plays & misses. It's only a few overs after lunch day 2, so looking to bat for a long time.

Will see how things go and will provide an update at a later time.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    470.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    399.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    491.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 36

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Have been reading for quite some time and have trialled a few methods with different pitch sliders. Playing on PS5 and note that I'm not very good.

Downloaded 90s/00s Australia and 90s West Indies teams (credit to the creators). Reskilled both teams with @Rumple43s guide with me as the Aussies. Note, I set all the West Indians bowlers to Level 1 with their batting.

1st Test at the SCG, I used the Indian pitch settings for this one. The West Indies won the toss & elected to bowl.

Scored just the solitary boundary (a Ponting on-drive through a vacant mid-on) in the first session. Hayden edged a late shot to gully, Ponting was bowled misjudging a pull shot and Mark Waugh was bowled by Carl Hooper (when I wasn't looking at the screen). Taylor survived the session and we went to lunch at 3-42.

Taylor registered his first boundary just after lunch with a cover drive and was then run out from a direct hit from fine leg for 27. Steve Waugh was out to a sloppy drive and Gilchrist was bowled for 4 to leave us 6-72. Things didn't get any better as the tail didn't offer much resistance and only a few lusty blows from Jason Gillespie got us over the 100 mark as we were dismissed for 105.

Scoring was really tough, I feel as if a combination of the reduced power and my inability was the reason. Some shots that got through the infield pulled up just short of the boundary which was annoying and there were a number of "good" & "ideal" shots that resulted in balls going straight to the folder. Felt good facing the quicks, and being forced to make a decision super quickly.

With ball in hand, it was the Jason Gillespie show as he reduced the visitors to 5-47 in a blink of an eye. The best part being they all felt like genuine dismissals! Campbell drove in the air to point, Lara was trapped in front by a leg cutter just four balls later. Haynes edged behind (if I remember, it was set up as a slower outswing sucker ball). Richie Richardson hit a drive for four, and then edged to gully next ball, before Adams spooned a drive to Mark Waugh at cover.

A direct hit by Gillespie at fine leg got Hooper just as he was getting going to leave the possibility of us somehow securing a first innings lead. Chanderpaul (52) and Murray (34) had other ideas. Chanderpaul enjoyed gliding Warne past slip (21 of his runs came from that shot) while Murray was able to work Warne's legbreaks across the line with apparent ease despite genuine turn.

Warne removed both set batsmen in the saver over, Murray driving a full top spinner back to the bowler (bit of a flukey diving catch) and then Chanderpaul edging to short leg. Another dodgy run out (after a safe single, batsman ran back out of the crease after the ball had been returned) and then Ambrose edged a Warne legbreak where Gilchrist snaffled the chance and there all out for 153.

Was an awesome experience, always felt like I was a chance of a wicket except when Murray & Chanderpaul were really set. Getting Lara was a big thrill, the lowered judgement seemed to help me, boundaries came off bad balls, never felt like the last ball smash was a thing, run rate was reflective of how they batted. The way Chanderpaul scored against Warne was annoying, but I should have plugged the hole. A few play & missed, some very near misses. Interested to see what happens if I can get Border & Warner bowling together in the last dig.

To make things easier, have reduced the batting sliders (somewhere better the default medium & hard, hopefully makes scoring a bit easier), currently 0-18 after 10 with the one boundary, an off-drive past mid-off. No chances, a few plays & misses. It's only a few overs after lunch day 2, so looking to bat for a long time.

Will see how things go and will provide an update at a later time.
That's great mate. What I want to know is if the AI scores big runs on pitches and conditions conducive to batting. With these tweaks and settings.
Post automatically merged:

That's great mate. What I want to know is if the AI scores big runs on pitches and conditions conducive to batting. With these tweaks and settings.
Also anyone has worked on t20 or odi sliders?

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m using Australia test sliders in test series in Aussie. After last patch just seems the ball keeping a little low. Which slider could I tinker with to maybe get a bit more bounce. The pitch I have set is SCG grassy/dry hard wicket.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
I’ve created my own custom players filling 8 test playing nations and created a custom test league. Skilled players as per discussion earlier in thread and pitch sliders have to say game play is fantastic.

In this first game I am the West Indies and have Eng 3/132 of 32 overs. 2 genuine caught slips wickets and one bowled that was off the thigh and rolled onto stumps.

Lot of genuine plays and misses and some awesome edges that have gone through slips/ gully areas.

Have not seen one bit of bad play so far, no ridiculous edges that fly for boundaries to wrong areas or anything like that. They really are batting like a test match.

They targeted my left arm opening bowler but played cautious to my other opener.
Very enjoyable so far.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Something really wrong with the game. Been playing in South Africa with rumples SA sliders and reskilled teams as well. It's a test match. Pak VS Ind.
The AI is 125 of 26 overs. No wicket has fallen. And they are literally slogging it. No ground shots or drives. But slogging it. What the hell?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Scrap that my FPS after the last update gone down the pan and I can’t be arsed at the moment.. games frustrating the life out of me.
I'm on tomorrow at some point. I expect what I've enjoyed the last few weeks or I'm gonna be cheesed off.

I'll start a new ENG v WI game and I expect comparable results!

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Following up to my last post I have now played 2 full innings and 30 overs in of the 3rd. Using the West Indies sliders and re skilled custom players it was so enjoyable and felt like proper test cricket.

Some key points I found

• Lots of genuine caught behind /slips when I was bowling to AI. They got off to a flyer party because I was using the pro controls for bowling lot of wides and no balls to start.
  • Managed the first breakthrough by just peppering the top of off stump and got the genuine nick to second slip
  • # 4 and 5 put on about 70, was great to see them leaving good balls and picking up and lot of ones and twos.
  • Half volleys and bad balls really got punished with great shots for 4 and 2 sixes.
  • #7 bat was skilled as aggressive and heavily leg side focused, dried him up with pressure wide outside off, threw in an inswinger on leg stump which he flicked straight down fine legs throat.
  • #8,9,10,11 didn't hang around. LBW, Caught Gully, Bowled and Caught and Bowled off a skied hook.

They made around 265 off 85 overs. It was a pink ball test but the new ball was taken under lights and the tail were gone within 4 overs.

Think batting might be set a bit to hard for my skill level, to used to playing on standard medium or hard but I did enjoy it that I hit some great shots which got me 2-4 runs and even hit a lofted 6 over cover but that was with my only batsman (the keeper) who managed to last a while at the crease.

• My top 4 were all caught behind attempting to cut /square drive all out in the ranges of 0-12 runs.
  • Middle order bat was caught in the gully off leading edge trying to glance to square
  • My keeper struggled early play a miss a lot , but left as much as I could. He was 3 off 40 odd balls at ones stage but ended up making 30 off 70 with him. Some nice on drives for 4 and a big 6 over cover.
  • Noticed the AI would leave gaps to try and entice me to drive through cover or at stages left mid on open and constantly bowled full at the pads.
  • Struggled against spin, got bowled with my keeper in horrible fashion played for the turn going for a cover drive, ball just skidded on slid past my pads and took out leg stump.
  • Bowled out for 99 but it was all due to my batting , learning experience playing on that level need to defend / leave a lot more.

General note from my bowling and AI bowling was very little if any spin. Everything seemed to slide straight on, my spinners had the Ashwin and Rashid Khan actions and oppo had the pakistan spinner action and Paul Adams action but I did not see many if any balls turn just skid straight on. Wondering whether I need to adjust a slider to get more turn?

3rd Innings and the AI had a big lead already but I still attacked early

• My left arm quick trapped opening bat LBW, I had bowled 2 full overs of out swingers going across the right hander for 2 maidens then slipped in the in swinger pitched in the same area it came back nicely and slammed into the pads whilst attempting a straight drive big Paul Wilson gave it not out, I thought damn maybe pitched outside leg but reviewed anyway and pitched inline smashing middle. It was probably my highlight of playing, just looked such a genuine wicket you see from Starc where it comes back late.
  • 2nd wicket put on over 50, tried everything for a wicket with no luck couple of edges fell short or went to gaps, they only hit a couple of boundaries but again just picked me off.
  • Got the breakthrough bringing on my left arm spinner, shorter ball that struck bat on the thigh and rolled onto his back leg onto the stumps. Unlucky but I will take it!
  • Ran through #4 and #5 quickly both with the same spinner, genuine caught at bat pad not like in C19 where everything was a forward defence edge onto pads this was a genuine attempt at a flick that got the edge and ballooned up to short leg. Few balls later and a genuine front foot defensive shot was nicked and caught at slip.

Looking forward to trying to run through them cheap as possible but with already a big 200 lead my chances of winning the test are gone but keen to show a lot more patience batting second time around. I did notice the pitch and square itself changed a bit from Day 1 to Day 2.

Tooldforcricket

School Cricketer
Out of interest for anyone looking (and I'll pin this to the opening post of the slider thread as well), I have reskilled players as follows in case anyone wanted something as a rough guide:

For my players:
  • Power and judgement both to level 8, unless the skill is already less than 8, in which case leave it where it is.
  • Leave running speed where it is.
  • Take 2 levels off every other batting attribute, so 2 clicks left for footwork, control, attacking defending, drive, cut, hook/pull, glance, sweep and special shots.
  • Under the fielding skills, turn coverage up to level 15, leave catching alone, throw accuracy to level 2, everything else (throw strength, ground fielding, diving) to level 15.
  • Didn't touch any bowling stats, perks or proficiencies.
For the AI:
  • Power and judgement both to level 4, unless the skill is already less than 4 ,in which case leave it where it is.
  • Take 2 levels off every other batting attribute, so 2 clicks left for footwork, control, attacking defending, drive, cut, hook/pull, glance, sweep and special shots.
  • Didn't touch their bowling, fielding, perks or proficiencies.
It leaves the two teams I'm currently using something like this:

View attachment 261363
A basic reduction across the board, but individual differences still remain since I've just blanked reduced attributes by two levels. Anyone north of 80 is an elite player, 75+ is very good.

Root gets a bump due to his bowling skills, same with Stokes and Holder. Chase is only 71 and I can't get him out!
Do u need to reskill players before u start a game

Tooldforcricket

School Cricketer
Out of interest for anyone looking (and I'll pin this to the opening post of the slider thread as well), I have reskilled players as follows in case anyone wanted something as a rough guide:

For my players:
  • Power and judgement both to level 8, unless the skill is already less than 8, in which case leave it where it is.
  • Under the fielding skills, turn coverage up to level 15, leave catching alone, throw accuracy to level 2, everything else (throw strength, ground fielding, diving) to level 15.
  • Didn't touch any bowling stats, perks or proficiencies.
For the AI:
  • Power and judgement both to level 4, unless the skill is already less than 4 ,in which case leave it where it is.
  • Didn't touch their bowling, fielding, perks or proficiencies.
It leaves the two teams I'm currently using something like this:

View attachment 261363
A basic reduction across the board, but individual differences still remain since I've just blanked reduced attributes by two levels. Anyone north of 80 is an elite player, 75+ is very good.

Root gets a bump due to his bowling skills, same with Stokes and Holder. Chase is only 71 and I can't get him out!
Silly question what if u want to use the AI players does than mean I got to reskill them

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Do u need to reskill players before u start a game
I honestly don't know on that one, if edits take effect as soon as you do them, or when you start a new game.
Silly question what if u want to use the AI players does than mean I got to reskill them
You mean switching sides mid-game? Not sure I follow on this one, but there are differences between a user reskilled team and an AI one, so if you switched some work would be needed before you played again as they're not identical.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
So scripting aside, I would say that cracking the rating of the teams is the key to unlocking the undoubted potential of this game.

Just had a strong leg sided player crash me over the top of mid wicket his first ball of the inns… another guy I saw his strongest skill was cut so I gave him one short outside off and he smashed it with a cut for 4.
I agree, I really try to research the strengths and weaknesses of the players including their best shots, front font, back foot and onside, off side, it give a real variance to the play. Cricket Captain 21 has an awesome database where it picks up on strengths and weaknesses including whether they are good playing spin, or pace and aggression. It takes longer the rate the teams, players but it's worth it for stretching the gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread