TENNIS AO Tennis 2

Nard2020

Club Captain
Terrible interview, there were a grand total of 4 questions about the game and 1 of them was about the mo-cap guy. Ross comes across very shady, i know for a fact the there's been interviews with more questions but Ross decides which ones can be published. And it's always the same 'answer a question with out a direct answer' or deflecting.

The silence is on the verge of being deafening. No patch since release (I don't count the day 1 patch as that shouldn't be a thing on every game) on major platforms. That's not a good sign. And worse than that, there's literally been no communication from BA on any of their social pages.

I know for you and many others, that until they sort out the AI errors for one, you can't enjoy it which I totally get. That's obviously going to put off people longer term, picking up the next iteration, recommending it to friends (because that's probably the biggest way this game will sell) Bigger issue for me, is this career mode bug where the overalls of every player drops so drastically. Absolutely no point in player career to have all that progress wasted.

It's a shame as well. One of the reasons I bit the bullet and bought it early is that I know BA aren't the biggest studio but do seem to want to respond to community feedback and genuinely produce good simulations of sports games that others won't. Sadly, I don't think I can ever justify buying one of their games at launch again. Always seems to be a major issue in the career mode. And the fact that haven't communicated to us, even a rough date or time when the patch will be ready, is pretty shoddy, especially when the game has game breaking bugs like this, and other issues severely limiting the potential of the game, like the errors situation.

I still maintain it's a decent game but it urgently needs some patching or it won't be anywhere near as successful as it should be.

BA just tweeted yesterday that they are working hard on a patch right now.

D

Dutch

Not wishing to hijack the thread or promote another game but I would like to point people towards Full Ace Tennis: the graphical representation of a number of things is third rate.....but they get what matters absolutely right: gameplay. Once you are in the middle of a rally you care not about the graphics and are caught up in the gameplay: no interviews, no press conferences, no moving crowd, but.......exciting, varied, realistic gameplay with different AI playing strategies, forced and unforced errors, a real steadily increasing AI ability as you move through the ranks. The game continues to be developed by one bloke as far as I can tell and he is always looking at improving gameplay balance and AI strength/weaknesses.

I am playing it now and just compared one set of it to one set of AO Tennis 1. I dont have 2.

Every rally in Full Ace tennis is different. Every rally in AO tennis is the same....left right left right left right left right stretch stretch stretch...point.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not wishing to hijack the thread or promote another game but I would like to point people towards Full Ace Tennis: the graphical representation of a number of things is third rate.....but they get what matters absolutely right: gameplay. Once you are in the middle of a rally you care not about the graphics and are caught up in the gameplay: no interviews, no press conferences, no moving crowd, but.......exciting, varied, realistic gameplay with different AI playing strategies, forced and unforced errors, a real steadily increasing AI ability as you move through the ranks. The game continues to be developed by one bloke as far as I can tell and he is always looking at improving gameplay balance and AI strength/weaknesses.

I am playing it now and just compared one set of it to one set of AO Tennis 1. I dont have 2.

Every rally in Full Ace tennis is different. Every rally in AO tennis is the same....left right left right left right left right stretch stretch stretch...point.
The YouTube videos do look good but is it ever coming to console ?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am not sure it is unfortunately
That’s a shame as console tennis gaming just not doing it for me at all

your comments in previous post sums up my feelings about gameplay perfectly.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer

i have to say i completely agree with this.Was going to play something else on steam when i read this and thought i should give it another try.Playing on medium and opponent on same its been a varied game of tennis with the rallys all being different it makes ao tennis 2 very dry and clinical by comparison i don't know anything about the person who writes full ace tennis but if i was big ant i would want him on my team to develop the gameplay and let big ant do the graphics.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

I talk to the developer occasionally, he's really done a great job with what little he has to work with on his own. Shame he hasn't got a bit more resources to work with, but it's a solid experience nonetheless.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
If only there was an admin around to stop these irresponsible people from hijacking threads.

Oh well, the damage is done.

I first played Full Ace way back in 2011, and I've had a lot of communication with the developer over the years. The game has come a long way since those days, but to his credit, he's always kept the focus on just making it the most realistic tennis game around.

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember his decision on whether to develop a console version of the game was going to depend on how successful the PC version was. I haven't talked to him in a while, so I don't know if the game's sales have met his expectations.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Full Ace Tennis - They keep on improving the game. Even yesterday they released a patch to tweak some gameplay elements which is already perfect to me. I brought AO Tennis 2 considering they will provide patch to sort out the gameplay issues before the start of Australian Open but it's already late and to me the gameplay of AO Tennis 2 is exactly similar to the earlier version.

D

Dutch

If only there was an admin around to stop these irresponsible people from hijacking threads.

Oh well, the damage is done.
Suspecting this is a bit tongue in cheek but I take your point: however I think it was a valid post on the grounds that whatever you add in terms of peripherals if the core gameplay is not right the rest wont cover it up.

as they say in the fitness world: you cant train away bad nutrition!

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Sorry to hijack back the thread.

To give a bit of an update, the first patch we are indeed working hard on right now will be quite substantial.

We have a number of tweaks and improvements that we're looking at getting in (indeed there are plenty of things mentioned in this thread that will be fixed) but we are taking some time to ensure that they're balanced and all working to how they should. So we've had to invest a little bit of extra time to make sure things are smooth.

We have a date that we are working to internally, but will not be confirming a date to the public until it's absolutely ready to go.

D

Dutch

Sorry to hijack back the thread.

To give a bit of an update, the first patch we are indeed working hard on right now will be quite substantial.

We have a number of tweaks and improvements that we're looking at getting in (indeed there are plenty of things mentioned in this thread that will be fixed) but we are taking some time to ensure that they're balanced and all working to how they should. So we've had to invest a little bit of extra time to make sure things are smooth.

We have a date that we are working to internally, but will not be confirming a date to the public until it's absolutely ready to go.
How rude of the developer to hijack back the dedicated thread of his game! :p

Reactions: DAP

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Suspecting this is a bit tongue in cheek but I take your point: however I think it was a valid post on the grounds that whatever you add in terms of peripherals if the core gameplay is not right the rest wont cover it up.

as they say in the fitness world: you cant train away bad nutrition!

@Dutch it was totally tongue in cheek! But my fault for not making it clear.

Users who are viewing this thread