TENNIS AO Tennis 2

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I reported my issue, but There's probably not much they can do without a video capture of the problem.

Your issue of not playing the ball was also in AO1, of course. I've seen it in AO2 as well.

I've seen the AI just not try and return my pretty ordinary serves three times in succession.

I think for all of these anomalies, we need to do replays and capture the replays to send to BA.
Yeah the issue of the player not playing has crossed over which is alittle annoying it probably doesn’t happen enough but it does happen and can happen at the wrong time. And agree we need to capture replays and send them to BA. How much of it or how much time they have to look into all is another factor. They probably get people sending in stuff all the time. But having said that if we don’t send it all in they will never know.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Well Ross has once again Tweeted out about the team looking into even report they receive and then building their patches around those requests.

Reactions: DAP

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Bit of a missed opportunity not getting anything out prior to the start of the tournament. I thought with the earlier release date, they might have been aiming to have one or two patches out before it started.

zayno

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
i have the game on xbox one s - the frame rate needs a patch and player movement is a bit stiff.the frame rate dips alot during matches on xbox one s.

D

Dutch

A rather telling comment from the maker of Tennis Elbow (who is currently working on version 4!)

For AO2, I didn't play it, so I'll have a hard time to find any positive to it, except maybe its visuals, but from the videos seen on Youtube, the rallies & ball trajectories should make the eyes of any real tennis fan bleed till death. It's just freaking awful. >_<

For casual tennis fans, I guess it's ok...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I would take a rival's comment with a pinch of salt.
But I agree with him, just left right rallies till you either hit past reach of AI opponent or you hit it out. No real tennis strategy needed

As for the excessive side spin.........

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
A rather telling comment from the maker of Tennis Elbow (who is currently working on version 4!)

For AO2, I didn't play it, so I'll have a hard time to find any positive to it, except maybe its visuals, but from the videos seen on Youtube, the rallies & ball trajectories should make the eyes of any real tennis fan bleed till death. It's just freaking awful. >_<

I don't want to turn this into a Tennis Elbow thread, but does anyone have the Alpha version of TE4, and if so, what do you think of it? @JohnnyDGaming89 ?

Nard2020

Club Captain
I would take a rival's comment with a pinch of salt.

100%, that guy in particular has a bit of a vendetta against both recent console tennis game. He's also got a very "strong" opinion of what real tennis is and he will argue with anyone who goes against his views ( even a professional).

Anyway, aside from op slices, lack of errors and the occasional freeze from the players ( i played last night and got "stuck" 2 times within 300 strokes , so it's not a very persistent glitch) i don't see this long list of priorities that BA should be taking to fix their game up. TBH, most of it is more or less personal gameplay preference issues....

D

Dutch

To balance my input I came across a Dutch gaming site that reviewed the game and gave it a 7/10 and said it was the best tennis game for many years.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
There are quite a few decent reviews about the game .Sure it isn't perfect and the jump from the easiest level to the next one is huge mostly because there is really only one way to win a point but that will change with the patch which they should release sooner rather than later before people lose interest they should focus on play and lack of unforced errors first and fix other issues later.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I don't want to turn this into a Tennis Elbow thread, but does anyone have the Alpha version of TE4, and if so, what do you think of it? @JohnnyDGaming89 ?

I haven't played it as yet personally, I have been thinking about buying it to see how it compares to the current edition on Steam with the mods.

I'm trying to hold out for when this first patch on the PS4 comes around, then I'll probably look into how TE4 is.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
There are quite a few decent reviews about the game .Sure it isn't perfect and the jump from the easiest level to the next one is huge mostly because there is really only one way to win a point but that will change with the patch which they should release sooner rather than later before people lose interest they should focus on play and lack of unforced errors first and fix other issues later.

The problem I see with this is that most of these reviewers aren't particularly interested in tennis for the most part. Most of which likely didn't experience the first game as I don't recall there being anywhere near as many reviews even when the global launch occurred in May.

At the end of the day, people will have to make their own decisions whether or not to buy the game. I've had a few comment on my videos saying they bought the game felt it looked better in the videos in comparison to playing it themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread