TENNIS AO Tennis 2

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So what's the real issue with interacting and answering the community? Yes some questions are obnoxious but i see no harm in questions about territory release dates, base roster inquires , content roadmaps or timeline of things to be done for the game etc. Many of us pay money, support these games and give fair and constructive feedback. It goes a long way to be transparent and accessible. Thanks.
There's absolutely no issue with interacting with the community and answering questions therein. We've done so for a number of years on this very site. We have always used forums and social media as a way to gather feedback and interact with the fans and attempt to deliver what they want.

Some of the things you mentioned unfortunately are just things that aren't public facing enough to be able to answer. The roster question is one that so deep and complicated, but the simplest thing I can say is that we work with the partners we have on the game to deliver the best possible roster we can. We have the two world number 1 players. We also have a number of the top 20 WTA and ATP ranked players as well as some of the best up and coming players. Then you add in one of the best creation suites that can deliver un-rivalled depth of creations and you can really do whatever you want with the roster!

We tend not to try and provide absolutes for content and timelines on future updates because in a world of licensing and sports, anything can change at any minute. But as I have mentioned here as feedback comes in we are looking, reading and compiling what we need to provide updates when necessary. Again, the reason why we aren't giving up to the minute feedback on this is because things change day over day and we get feedback every day that we have to assess as well.

If you look at past Big Ant games we have never pushed a game out and left it. Cricket 19 has seen multiple updates that have only enhanced the game, AO1 saw multiple updates to improve the game and our Rugby League, Lacrosse and other Cricket titles have all had post-release support. So you can look towards our past to find what the future holds.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Career mode is so much fun and interesting!!!

Nard2020

Club Captain
There's absolutely no issue with interacting with the community and answering questions therein. We've done so for a number of years on this very site. We have always used forums and social media as a way to gather feedback and interact with the fans and attempt to deliver what they want.

Some of the things you mentioned unfortunately are just things that aren't public facing enough to be able to answer. The roster question is one that so deep and complicated, but the simplest thing I can say is that we work with the partners we have on the game to deliver the best possible roster we can. We have the two world number 1 players. We also have a number of the top 20 WTA and ATP ranked players as well as some of the best up and coming players. Then you add in one of the best creation suites that can deliver un-rivalled depth of creations and you can really do whatever you want with the roster!

We tend not to try and provide absolutes for content and timelines on future updates because in a world of licensing and sports, anything can change at any minute. But as I have mentioned here as feedback comes in we are looking, reading and compiling what we need to provide updates when necessary. Again, the reason why we aren't giving up to the minute feedback on this is because things change day over day and we get feedback every day that we have to assess as well.

If you look at past Big Ant games we have never pushed a game out and left it. Cricket 19 has seen multiple updates that have only enhanced the game, AO1 saw multiple updates to improve the game and our Rugby League, Lacrosse and other Cricket titles have all had post-release support. So you can look towards our past to find what the future holds.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and doing so in a lengthy matter. I'm in no way trying to give you guys a hard time , i bought the game and i think the game has turned a corner. It's fun, it's deep and it has it's own footprint now.I just see across social media the number of people who get turned off because the questions go unanswered or they are frustrated with the communication and the last thing you want to see for a quality game is it being skipped or overlooked because of "reputations". Honestly speaking, the roster you have is (if the 32 count is accurate) the largest starting roster like EVER for a tennis game and as you said, it does have a good variety of players. No game has every gotten it perfect with the top players, a balance between ATP and WTA plus a large number of pros, so that's normal.......but, somethings are odd. This game will never have Djokovic or Serena or Sharapova or Murray and that's fine, but there are a few players whose absence seems odd given prior history with the series. It's hard to believe that your partners, Tennis Australia and the AO , wouldn't allow the actual current Australian Open Champion to be licensed (for a game based on the Australian Open) especially given that she was licensed in your first AO Tennis game ; It's odd that Roger Federer (who was allegedly scanned for the first game) isn't in considering the publishers that blocked him from being the first game are now publishing this very game. I'm not the only person that has picked up on that either.

I don't think you'd have to name drop players in order to do a content schedule or timeline, almost no company actually lists the names of it's content when doing roadmaps. It's always 'dlc character 1' or 'New story mission 1' etc, so that would be a safe way to avoid any potential licensing holdups while still showing the consumers on your intent and plan to give updates. It's a win-win.

As for game feedback, i think the top spin side spin shots and defensive slices should be toned down and if there's a way that on short or hanging balls, the players can really step in a crush them. Holding down the R2 button just makes your ball go faster, but it doesn't provide the sensation of really accelerating or driving through a softer ball. Thanks for reading and taking it all in.

Dmayne

School Cricketer
Big Ant are everywhere, watching everything. Alongside Big Ben there's numerous avenues to give feedback.

If you really want to make sure you have a direct line to Big Ant, then please feel free to visit our support site and submit a ticket:
https://support.bigant.com/support/home

However, as I can, I will say we'll investigate your issue and see what's happening.

Haha, I knew it.

Thanks for replying. I'd actually just found the support page (was looking on the forums, rather than the website). Matt came back to me very quickly as well to say they'll look into it.

Hopefully it's an easy fix, or easily fixed my end.

Reactions: DAP

Nard2020

Club Captain
Licensed players is the last thing this game needs to worry about imo
Nah, in a game literally based off of licensing, it’s always an issue. Believe it or not, people pay money for a licensed tennis game and want to get their money’s worth. Don’t confuse design choices with bugs or glitches. And AI committing 6 errors over 3 sets isn’t any more of a priority than giving players that are supposed to be in the game. Not personally enjoying an experience does not equate it having a number of things to fix.

There’s also the issue of Nick Kyrgios and Samantha Stosur being in one version and Maria Sakkara and Petra Kvitova being in another. And then they can’t add one in without removing another. Clearly those aren’t licensing issues, as the players are already in the game....so there should be no problem clearing that up and making it make sense .

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nah, in a game literally based off of licensing, it’s always an issue. Believe it or not, people pay money for a licensed tennis game and want to get their money’s worth. Don’t confuse design choices with bugs or glitches. And AI committing 6 errors over 3 sets isn’t any more of a priority than giving players that are supposed to be in the game. Not personally enjoying an experience does not equate it having a number of things to fix.

There’s also the issue of Nick Kyrgios and Samantha Stosur being in one version and Maria Sakkara and Petra Kvitova being in another. And then they can’t add one in without removing another. Clearly those aren’t licensing issues, as the players are already in the game....so there should be no problem clearing that up and making it make sense .
Respect your opinion but I still stand by my previous comment :p

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
On Steam, someone (probably more than one) opened a ticket with BA support about the AI unforced errors issue, and got this reply:

"While I cannot provide an immediate ETA, we are addressing the AI issues in the next patch, so that the AI will make more both forced and unforced errors."

Good news.

zayno

Club Captain
By massive slow down do you mean sometimes the visual moves slower that its supposed to and you end up missing the shot and this is random.I found that as well on xbox s happens on cricket 19 as well.

the frame rate on xbox one s is not good. Gameplay is good but the frame rate needs a patch.Sudden slow down in frame rates on xbox one s.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Respect your opinion but I still stand by my previous comment :p
Completely fair, and we all have our own personal preferences. Having 5 different roster screens is something that needs sorting out and is no way at the bottom of any list.

Other than AI making errors and frame rate dipping, i really can't recall of huge list of bugs that this game should be worrying about above that licensing stuff....and i'm being totally serious.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Had a point that was given to the AI as soon as I hit the ball. I've never had that before, not even in AO1. Worse, the score was 15-40 in my favour!

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Had a point that was given to the AI as soon as I hit the ball. I've never had that before, not even in AO1. Worse, the score was 15-40 in my favour!
I had a point where i was 30-40 down and I lost the game because my player simply didn’t attempt to play the ball even though i pressed the button before and whilst the ball went (what seems like not even half a meter) straight passed me, happens too often where you stand there like a stunned mullet. That needs rectifying.

Also aces, we need to be able to hit more aces and Un-returnable serves, or have the AI have more forced and unforced errors off return of serves. Seems like they make every return just about. Could there be a way where the game gives you an average amount of aces per game or set? Ofcourse the caveat would be that you have to serve the ball perfectly and in the right spot but when you do, why can’t it randomly average out to be an ace. That way, say you could potentially have like 5-10 aces (out of 20 perfectly timed and placed serves) a set depending on the player. As I say you would have todo it perfectly and in the right spot but would be more like it should be.

Last edited:

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I had a point where i was 30-40 down and I lost the game because my player simply didn’t attempt to play the ball even though i pressed the button before and whilst the ball went (what seems like not even half a meter) straight passed me, happens too often where you stand there like a stunned mullet. That needs rectifying.

Also aces, we need to be able to hit more aces and Un-returnable serves, or have the AI have more forced and unforced errors off return of serves. Seems like they make every return just about. Could there be a way where the game gives you an average amount of aces per game or set? Ofcourse the caveat would be that you have to serve the ball perfectly and in the right spot but when you do, why can’t it randomly average out to be an ace. That way, say you could potentially have like 5-10 aces (out of 20 perfectly timed and placed serves) a set depending on the player. As I say you would have todo it perfectly and in the right spot but would be more like it should be.

I reported my issue, but There's probably not much they can do without a video capture of the problem.

Your issue of not playing the ball was also in AO1, of course. I've seen it in AO2 as well.

I've seen the AI just not try and return my pretty ordinary serves three times in succession.

I think for all of these anomalies, we need to do replays and capture the replays to send to BA.

Users who are viewing this thread