22nd Match, Group E: England v New Zealand at Gros Islet

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
:banana2 England go marching on, not an amazing performance but comfortable enough. Gutted that Pakistan are coming through with us though, they haven't even come close to deserving it.:happy

NZ and SA didnt deserve too. But someone has to come in along with England to the semis.

D

Dutch

....and it's goodbye Blackcaps. Thanks for turning up, it has been fun, but whilst you lot play on the beach some of us have serious things to do.......

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Old man just mentioned about Miami tour! "NZ will go to Miami and play Sri Lanka" lol how often we get to hear that

War

Chairman of Selectors
Collingwood has a dire T20i record. Only keeps his place 'cause of his fielding and bowling tbh. Trott's a far better player.

1 handed six from Morgan. WAG.

Nah now way is Trott a better T20 player than Colly, camn down. Colly hasn't really looked out of form in this tournament, just kept finding weird ways to getting out.

He came into this owlrd cup batting brilliantly in the IPL. Its just one of those things.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Lou Vincent's HRV stats as follows:

11 innings 290 runs at 29 with a strike rate of 128.88, highest score 105*

Martin Guptill's:

8 innings 253 runs at 36.14 with a strike rate of 143, highest score 97*

Lou Vincent produced two good knocks last season and was very overrated because of them, he had no reason to feel like he should have been picked tbh.
So how do you justify Redmond being picked in the squad over him (the selectors I mean)? Redmond din't play any HRV matches iirc

Last edited:

inzii

School Cricketer
Ha ha. You lucky, lucky,........................:p

Can't believe it really. Its surprising how a team can still go through after playing that badly. I think the format should be changed a little.

BUT..wohoooo!!:banana2

D

Dutch

Can't believe it really. Its surprising how a team can still go through after playing that badly. I think the format should be changed a little.

BUT..wohoooo!!:banana2

Well you guys are there and thats what counts. None of the other teams have been able to be consistent. And you beat South Africa. No mean feat......

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Nah now way is Trott a better T20 player than Colly, camn down. Colly hasn't really looked out of form in this tournament, just kept finding weird ways to getting out.

He came into this owlrd cup batting brilliantly in the IPL. Its just one of those things.

500 runs in the T20 cup last season, the first man in the history of the tournament to manage that feat; though I'm sure you'll instantly dismiss that on the basis of our 'awful' domestic standard. Trott is a class T20 player, just hasn't been given enough opportunities at International level. Collingwood's a poor T20i player, with a record barely better than Luke Wright. Average of 19 strike rate of 135; there's no way he's in the side on batting merit. Just lucky he's 'happy' to captain, is exceptional in the field and can bowl.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I was a critical & worried going inot this tournament that by batting Bresnan @ # 7 that in a pressure game like today, that they will struggle to finish games/set-up games. Since their hitting ability of the lower-order is questionable.

But i guess its all working out fairly well for the time being. Long may it continue, England can definately win this.

Users who are viewing this thread