21st Match, Group E: Pakistan v South Africa at Gros Islet

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Dang, Pakistan fought back real well after a slow start. Umar Akmal's quite a find and Afridi finally chipped in with a knock! I'm hoping England beat the Kiwis so I can support Pakistan if (or rather, when) India get knocked out. :)

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah we lost to NZ by one run....It could have easily been so different.

Cant believe myself, I was criticing Pakistan badly the other day, and today its a whole new me. Ah Well, gotta support your team no matter what ;)

GO ENGLAND!!

aus_maestro

Club Cricketer
Well, SA are still rubbish against spin. Probably would've been a different story if AB didn't play that disaster shot. Looks as if Pakistan'll sneak through again and win the tournament lol.

irottev

School Cricketer
I would say SA are chokers right now but I wont, because chances are we're going to choke too and Pakistan will go through.

P

pcfan123

Boucher's a pathetic T20i batsman. Pitiful average of 17.86 with a strike rate of 97, surely there's a better option than him?

Hmm, which is weird since he seems tailor made for this format. Id like to see him open the batting for a bit and drop Smith down the order

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
That would be very interersting actually. Boucher to open, hmm. Maybe they need to slot in Morkel @ 3. The top order with Smith and Kallis is too slow. Bosman could also do that job

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan don't really deserve to be in the semis... They've lost more games than they've won. Idiotic.

P

pcfan123

Id just like to thank everyone for their vBookie participation this match ;)

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Pakistan don't really deserve to be in the semis... They've lost more games than they've won. Idiotic.

both nz and pak have won same amount of matches in super 8.

it's just that you choked against england when it mattered, and we won against SA when it mattered.

oh and thank you England!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea can't blame Pakistan for the lack of performers in this group. Silly SA though, had the chance to knock out the defending champions and they knock themselves out. They aren't one I usually associate a spin weakness but wow Ajmal ripped them apart and Afridi is getting back to his best in the bowling department.

P

pcfan123

Looks like Umar Akmal finally got the memo and waxed his mono-brow. Thank god

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like last time WC, this thread is again start filling with such nonsense posts that "Pakistan don't deserve". This is just foolish to say, team who play well on the required day deserve the most to go through. Win against SA wasn't look like a fluke so it means we really play well and outclass them and also luck was with us.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

In the Super Eights, both you and Pakistan won the same amount of games. You didnt work on having a better run rate, its your problem (and South Africa's).

All three sides dont deserve it. One side has to go forward, and Pakistan have done well with their NRR to go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread