9th Match: Australia v India (Group A)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The first thing India must do is drop I Sharma , look his last 10 matches, he hasent got many wickets, just giving runs,and only runs...

Yeah, but already our pace attack is languishing when guys like RP Singh, Praveen and Nehra (though Nehra has done well, he is not threatening and Praveen doesnt warrant respect from the opposition nor the fans following the game). Maybe they will continue with Ishant because a break might not do him much good. We just came from a 2 month break and it still continues to bowl badly in ODI's. Maybe he needs better advice and more attention.

I think Irfan and Sreesanth need to be brought back for the Australia ODI's. Seeing these guys bowl, Irfan looks far more economical and his batting will add value to the team. If he clicks with his bowling, he can he lethal. Sreesanth's aggression is needed. The bite is lacking. Maybe we should try Sudeep Tyagi. Throw him against tough opposition and if he clicks, it would be a great discovery.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Irfan Pathan doesn't qualify as a fast bowler, or even a medium pacer though.

India desperately need to produce a fast bowler; line and length can only get you so far.

McGrath was so good because he was special - he had the skill to land 60 balls where he wanted to; no bowler in India can say they can do that. Although another reason McGrath was so good was because he had an out and out fast bowler bowling at the other end, because fast bowlers bowl in pairs.

Mohammad Asif is similar to McGrath in his role - not very fast, and concentrates on swing/seam movement and bowling the ball consistently in the right areas. However, if Asif doesn't have a quality fast bowler at the other end, then life would be very difficult for him.

Simply said, line and length is not the answer. India need to play a fast bowler, no matter how inaccurate he is (or how many no balls he bowls).

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Zaheer is no where near express and is one of the best bowlers in the world, without a doubt.

The fact is, Zaheer is the leader of the bowling attack. He inspires, advises, motivates, and urges the younger bowlers to perform better and better. Without him, not only are we missing our best bowler, but also a key mentor/figurehead in the team.

I think he should get vice captaincy ahead of Yuvraj/Gambhir. He has all the stuff of a true leader.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Sreesanth must be back too. He's got pace, he's got swing, and can pitch it up to the batsman, all the traits that our current crop don't have at all. My third seamer is definately Praveen - the line and length guy who can move it both ways and operate on any surface. And i'll agree with Sai, a left field move that might produce great results is the tall, lanky, and quick Sudeep Tyagi.

Irfan can easily replace Yuseless as the main allrounder in the team, however I would rather give it to a batsman like Nayar who can bowl a few medium pacers too.

Once Sehwag, Yuvraj, and ZaK are back:

Virender Sehwag
Sachin Tendulkar
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni
Abhi Nayar
Praveen Kumar
Zaheer Khan
Bhaj/Mishster
Sreesanth

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Irfan Pathan :noway India really should look for some fresh talent, Pathan's as bad as RP Singh. Dhawal Kulkarni would be worth a punt.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan need not have to beat Australia by a huge margin. Let us say Pakistan beat Australia by 20 runs or something. That would bring the Australian NRR to something around 0.7. Now, if India chase a 250 target in 37 odd overs, they would be through. And this is the tougher scenario of the two. If India bat first and score 250, they have to bowl the Windies out for 160 odd. Neither is impossible and we also are due some luck in this event.

GO PAKISTAN!! DIL DIL PAKISTAN! :banana2

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah, Adi is right. The difference between India and Australia is 104 runs. If Australia lose by 20 runs, India need to win by 85 runs to go through to the semifinals. Australia batting first and/or India chasing will make things tougher but not impossible. All that is needed is for Pakistan to produce that performance to beat Australia.

O My neighbors, forget all rivalry, PLEASE HELP US!:help:D

P.s: Adi, I like you man. Sometime back after the match was called off, you said we were out and our chances were impossible. But now you are back with that optimism that luck could favor us. Quite like me!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Haha classic last 2 posts :D

Why should we depend on other performance? We are out of the CT trophy, we had ████ bowlers, miseralble team selection (XI) that's it! .

Btw Go Pakistan i ll bet all my vcash on you :p ;) :D :banana2 :happy

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
P.s: Adi, I like you man. Sometime back after the match was called off, you said we were out and our chances were impossible. But now you are back with that optimism that luck could favor us. Quite like me!

Yeah, I say things like that sometimes when I want the team to win desperately. Especially with the current side, we are used to seeing them winning most of the times that when they perform badly you feel let down. I am that sort of a fan who gets back to supporting the side the very next moment.

We just need Pakistan to beat Australia, albeit by a run ! We will know the entire equation by the time the second innings of our match starts so that we can play accordingly. Younis and his boys will never have this unique opportunity of playing with the support of the entire subcontinent again in his career! Please pull it off guys! :help

I hope we have some sort of a freak innings from Nazir or Kamran or a devastating spell by one of the bowlers! Iam sure all Pakistanis would love an opportunity to maybe beat India again in this tournament. Beat Australia for that sake at least.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
It's pretty funny that India has to rely on Pakistan beating Australia.

When the second innings of the match of West Indies vs India will start, everybody will know if India can go through or not. By that time the match of Pakistan vs Australia will end.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah, but already our pace attack is languishing when guys like RP Singh, Praveen and Nehra (though Nehra has done well, he is not threatening and Praveen doesnt warrant respect from the opposition nor the fans following the game).

For the first time, I see you speaking the FACT about our bowlers! :) But why Pathan again? :facepalm Say a strong NO to cricket careers of Pathan, Nehra, RP, Balaji, Munaf, VRV singh and all other useless blokes. I am also from TN, I also like to hear Balaji's fame but the fact is, he is just not threatening enough to qualify as fast bowler especially against the quality sides.

Remember, T20 cricket doesn't speak cricket. Some players like Tendulkar, Ponting etc are classic examples where they are legends in the original version of the game while some blokes do excel only in hit/get out slogging festival & the former matters more.

surendar added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

It's pretty funny that India has to rely on Pakistan beating Australia.

India won't qualify, I believe in that. Let this be a good lesson for those stupid selectors. This lesson is not enough, even more bigger lesson is needed like Zimbabwe team smashing RP and Munaf so that they(selectors) don't take the name of these jokers again in their list. :banana2

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Kamran Khan's too raw, but he could be a surprise. If anything, India need to call up Sudeep Tyagi and Dhawal Kulkarni. RP Singh is just horrid, and Ishant doesn't know how to bowl in the limited over forms. Nehra has been good so far, but there's just something missing from him in comparison to his stint in the side around the 2003 World Cup until before he got injured. Harbhajan hasn't been at his best for ages. The bowling needs to improve, a lot.

Nayar in, Ishant out for the next game please. If the pitch is a good batting track. If it's seamer friendly, we'll have to play Ishant or RP, bleh.

Users who are viewing this thread