An idea for the honest IC10 player

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Since the online mutiplayer appears to be pretty much broken, I had an idea that could allow two distant players to play any match (Test, ODI or even T20) without the issues of lag, game freezes, and time-zone differences.

In the very old days, people would play mutiplayer by actual mail (the paper variety). I never did it, but apparently you would play a part of the game, then mail it to someone, and then they would complete their part of the game and mail it back.

And then email arrived, which made it much more convenient.

Well what about doing this by sending each other saved games?

For example, say Mark (as England) and myself (as Australia) decide to play a Test match. We choose our teams and squad selections. Then:

1) Wait for the coin toss. Communicate by MSN your choice of heads or tails and the decision that is made (or you could decide all that beforehand).

2) Let's say Mark wins the toss and bats. He plays his innings against the AI (my team controlled by the AI) in offline mode.

3) At the end of his England innings, he saves the game onto his flash drive and sends the save game file to me. I put in on my flash drive and load it up on my PS3.

4) I then begin my batting as Australia and complete my inninngs.

5) I keep going and begin bowling as Australia to Mark's AI-controlled batsmen. At the end of this innnings, I save the file and send to him.

6) He finishes the game by bowling as England to my AI-controlled batsmen.

This way, we each get to bat twice and bowl twice (unless someone wins by an innnings). Throughout the process, we send each other screenshots to show the game progress at the various stages of the match.

In summary, it means that
- Mark bats (1st innings as ENG)
- I bat (1st innings as AUS) and then bowl (2nd innings as AUS)
- Mark bowls (as ENG).

The only way this could work is if honesty is involved. No quitting the game and reloading, and stick to your agreed conditions (e.g. HUD minimal, Hard difficulty).

The good thing about this is that it avoids lag, freezing ect. and it means you can save Test matches.

LOL, this idea will probably get blown out of the water, but for honest players this could be something viable.

P

pcfan123

I love the idea, but can saved games be transferred?

Also, lets not give up hope on online just yet, lets play each other with HUD off in both Action Cam and Broadcast.

I am sure that will make it a more balanced content between bat n ball.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Going by that, I guess you can't actually save a test match online? Online's not for me then.

s0074845

Club Captain
[B]The only way this could work is if honesty is involved. No quitting the game and reloading, and stick to your agreed conditions (e.g. HUD minimal, Hard difficulty).[/B]The good thing about this is that it avoids lag, freezing ect. and it means you can save Test matches.

LOL, this idea will probably get blown out of the water, but for honest players this could be something viable

i think most people would restart their inngs should they stutter.. ya as you said it need honest people playing which i would say is rare....:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I love the idea, but can saved games be transferred?

Yes they can be and now with the latest update it can be done even on XBOX 360!

Btw, how does a user get to play twice in a game this way ? Isn't it Batting in 1st innings and Bowling in 4th for Player 1 and Batting in 2nd and Bowling in 3rd for Player 2 ?

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

I think we would just be batting 2 innings and not bowling, or at least Id me more interested in that.

Does using the saved games disable trophies?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Btw, how does a user get to play twice in a game this way ? Isn't it Batting in 1st innings and Bowling in 4th for Player 1 and Batting in 2nd and Bowling in 3rd for Player 2 ?

Yes that's right. So you get to bowl for one innings and bat for one innings, the order of which is determined by the result of the coin toss.

So, how do we upload a saved game onto a USB drive and then onto Planetcricket?

Note: another advantage of this system is creating classic matches. We can set up a game situation, and challenge someone to "survive and draw this Ashes test" like in the 2005 Ashes series. Or "win the T20 final as England" ect. ect.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Good idea, i much prefer the sound of this to online game play.

JackPKDennison

School Cricketer
Im afraid there is a massive stumbling block for this. On BLC 99 I used to play all four innings as the batting side alternating between the batting side by choosing your side after loading a save game. I attempted this on IC2010 but once you choose your team at the start of a game even in a friendly you cannot choose to play as the opposition.

For example...
I play as England against Australia and post 250 and save the game.
On BLC99 I load the game and then choose to bat as Australia.
On IC2010 I load the game and I cannot play as Australia and I can only play as England and bowl.

Correct me if Im wrong but this is what happened when I tried this.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
What a stupid idea, never heard more absurd than this! lol.

All I can say is get a life for god's sake.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Im afraid there is a massive stumbling block for this. On BLC 99 I used to play all four innings as the batting side alternating between the batting side by choosing your side after loading a save game. I attempted this on IC2010 but once you choose your team at the start of a game even in a friendly you cannot choose to play as the opposition.
What you can do is make a tournament save, then press Y/Triangle on both teams on the select screen, it will then mean when you're on the controller select screen you can pick both teams.

edit: Had a go at this, the Xbox won't let you as it is from another user's profile - so while you can do the copy, it won't let you actually use it. Likewise with roster files.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread