TENNIS AO Tennis 2

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I won my first career match 6-7, 6-4, 6-3, but I suffered a sprained ankle in the process, so I'll probably withdraw from the tournament. For those who don't have the game, but are interested, I've included the match summary, map of winners, and injury alert.

20200215121334_1.jpg 20200215121256_1.jpg 20200215121425_1.jpg

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
opinion on game atm?!

I'm really enjoying the game. As far as new features are concerned, I haven't come across anything so far that makes me say "I'm glad upgraded from AO1 just for this feature", but then I'm at the beginning of my career, so maybe I'll change my mind as I get further. Also, I haven't played any scenarios yet.

I would have liked a Davis Cup-like country tournament, but maybe there are good reasons why that wasn't possible.

As far as gameplay, I would say it's better, and I'm not seeing any problems. There are times when my player doesn't make a shot, but that's probably down to my poor positioning or timing. You definitely need to get your muscle memory working to play this game.

I'm seeing the AI play more varied shots than in AO1. I'm not a subscriber to the "all rallies end up as cross-court battles" view of the game. If you find that happening, then you can vary your shot to bring the ball back to the middle of the court. For me, so far, mixing-up my shots has been crucial to winning points. I hope to be able to more of that as I gain the ability points needed to improve my shot types.

I've only played the game for 23 hours, so I'll add more comments as I get further, and some of what I've said may change.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
There are more AI unforced errors. I'm in a tight amateur career match (6-7, 6-4), where the AI has 53 unforced errors.
What’s the AI unforced errors like on higher difficulties? Have you had time try out say something like semi pro or pro to see how they are? It’s good there improved on a lower level like amateur but holistically, like how has AI errors improved across the whole game? That’s the big question.
As far as gameplay, I would say it's better, and I'm not seeing any problems. There are times when my player doesn't make a shot, but that's probably down to my poor positioning or timing. You definitely need to get your muscle memory working to play this game.
I’m sure it’s not poor positioning or timing, specially if your standing 2 feet away from the ball and you time your shot like you normally do and your player doesn’t even play a shot, happened in the first game too. I think that could be a problem, Also your player can still get stuck on the return of serve at times which make the game look alittle stiff. That’s no big issue there but sometimes doesn’t look right.

Last edited:

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
What’s the AI unforced errors like on higher difficulties? Have you had time try out say something like semi pro or pro to see how they are? It’s good there improved on a lower level like amateur but holistically, like how has AI errors improved across the whole game? That’s the big question.

I’m sure it’s not poor positioning or timing, specially if your standing 2 feet away from the ball and you time your shot like you normally do and your player doesn’t even play a shot, happened in the first game too. I think that could be a problem, Also your player can still get stuck on the return of serve at times which make the game look alittle stiff. That’s no big issue there but sometimes doesn’t look right.

I'm not yet a good enough player to play at pro or semi-pro and therefore judge the unforced errors. @JohnnyDGaming89 is playing at the higher levels, and I don't think he's seeing the increase in unforced errors that I'm seeing at amateur level.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the problem I'm seeing with not playing a shot is the same as was seen in the first game. I'm going to try and remember to capture the replay when it happens again, and ask BA whether it's possible to tell from the video what happened. I know there's been a few times where I've left it too late to move to the ball, and therefore couldn't play a shot.

I have seen the AI not play a shot for some unexplainable reason. That may be down to the increased unforced errors, but it shouldn't be.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
So, I get this injury alert, but I don't see anyway not to continue, and therefore reduce my attributes and skills, and risk a serious injury.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the only options are play the next match or simulate it. What's the point of the warning if you can't do anything about it?

20200215121425_1.jpg

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I could be wrong, but I don't think the problem I'm seeing with not playing a shot is the same as was seen in the first game. I'm going to try and remember to capture the replay when it happens again, and ask BA whether it's possible to tell from the video what happened. I know there's been a few times where I've left it too late to move to the ball, and therefore couldn't play a shot
Is this what you are referring too?

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Ouch! On match point! I assume that's AOT1?

I don't think I've seen one that's as blatant as that, but let me capture one on AOT2 and we can compare.
No that’s AO 2! Look at the graphics and design of the scorecard lol. But yeah capture what you have seen and we can compare anyways

CraigMc24

Club Captain
You should send that to BA. I don't know when I can capture anything. I'd be interested to know what they say.
Yeah may have to send that too them. It’s been there since the first game so not sure what happens in game for that to happen.

saturator

Club Cricketer
There are more AI unforced errors. I'm in a tight amateur career match (6-7, 6-4), where the AI has 53 unforced errors.
Ok thanks for your answer but I play on vétéran or pro. And i didn't sée more unforced errors on that levels. I think i have to wait the patch to make my own opinion. I Hope tomorrow

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
That issue where you seemingly stand there and watch a shot go by despite timing a shot, is still happening on Steam even after the patch. I'm not noticing great increases in unforced errors, I've changed to a few different difficulties to see the differences.

I feel I'll need to play longer matches or start a career on Steam to see if things change. Unfortunately most unforced errors seem to be directly off a serve and the AI hitting it straight into the net, not much variety in their errors so far.

Still finding even on higher difficulties they won't aim for the open court and hit it directly back at you. Which is meant to be only on lower difficulties.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I feel I'll need to play longer matches or start a career on Steam to see if things change. Unfortunately most unforced errors seem to be directly off a serve and the AI hitting it straight into the net, not much variety in their errors so far.

The unforced errors I'm seeing at amateur level are balls hit wide and long, serve returns hit into the net, and double faults.

Users who are viewing this thread