Ashes 2009 performance fix (A real one!!!)

DresdanPI

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
works fine, it's actually running 35-40 fps faster then it did without WMP. Thanks allrounder.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It seems to me that codies were listening to music on windows media player during the development of this game. Thats why they didnt notice these bugs.:sarcasm

You don't need to hear bugs - you need to see them. :sarcasm

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Nice fix. Really weird. However, does it solves -

- The time taken by the game to LOAD. I hope everyone would agree that it takes a hell lot of time. I am referring to the time taken till the menu screen comes, not while loading a match.
- The lag/jerks in Scoreboard/match summary.

No, it doesn't solve the scoreboard lag and my loading times on XP are now considerably worse than they were, but not as bad as Win 7's. The main thing is, I don't have to load Win 7 just to play AC09 anymore.

bad_till_bones

Club Cricketer
No, it doesn't solve the scoreboard lag and my loading times on XP are now considerably worse than they were, but not as bad as Win 7's. The main thing is, I don't have to load Win 7 just to play AC09 anymore.

About Loading time - You mean its getting worse after this fix or getting worse with time. :p

N btw - I hope everyone (PC version) are experiencing this scoreboard lag n horrible loading time in the game..... Any other application that we need to open to correct this :laugh

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
About Loading time - You mean its getting worse after this fix or getting worse with time. :p

N btw - I hope everyone (PC version) are experiencing this scoreboard lag n horrible loading time in the game..... Any other application that we need to open to correct this :laugh

Before the fix, my loading times under XP were almost instantaneous (but the game lagged terribly), but now they're much slower. Not as slow as Win 7.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
This reminds me of a story I once read about the benefits of whale blubber. Apparently it's very good for soothing the pain of hemmorrhoids. Which is fantastic becuase I can imagine that affliction being very painful and any relief is most welcome. The question one really needs to ask is: Who found this out and how????!!!! I mean who was it who was working on his whaling boat and one day and thought to himself: I know something that might help my sore arse. Why don't I smear some whale fat on my bum and see what happens? And lo and behold....relief! Who was that person? And how did he spread the good news?? Which marketing strategy did he think up?
These questions keep me awake at night.....I need serious help!:)

You.... my mate, are special, very special ;)

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors

rocky_g

International Cricketer

MuchMore

International Coach