Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Thanks, I was indeed trying, I don't have the game on pc.

Also I thought we didn't like listed people who fail (eg online quitters)

This is different. Quitters are harder to pin down as people have connection issues etc.
This is merely some pointing and laughing Nelson Muntz style at people who can't be bothered reading a post in big bold letters. Not very mature but sometimes I just feel the need.

D

Dutch

Anyone set-up to thrash me on line!? By the way I have five stars to my name! Bright, shiny golden stars! (I am sure they will fade soon enough!)

mmm...just checked again...it's 4 1/2. Apparently I have sinned already before I even play a game!:D

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone set-up to thrash me on line!? By the way I have five stars to my name! Bright, shiny golden stars! (I am sure they will fade soon enough!)

mmm...just checked again...it's 4 1/2. Apparently I have sinned already before I even play a game!:D

Nope its just because you're a kiwi. :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The stars are based on quitting not on how good you are so lets hope not.
Remember that any stats you get on beta 2 will only appear on the development server and, once beta testing is concluded and the patch is released you'll be back to your old stats.

Everyone seems to have 4 1/2 stars.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Woooooooot just cant wait for this, Now just if India win today's match and make my day.

dart-h-vader

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Woooooooot just cant wait for this, Now just if India win today's match and make my day.

Though I wish for the same ain't gonna happen, current Indian team has no good bowler :(

Also is the field placement patch in place? or is it the same like beta1?

D

Dutch

The stars are based on quitting not on how good you are so lets hope not.
Remember that any stats you get on beta 2 will only appear on the development server and, once beta testing is concluded and the patch is released you'll be back to your old stats.

Everyone seems to have 4 1/2 stars.

I realised it was for quitting! Nice that the stats will return again as I am currently tied 17th in the Twenty20 wicket taking rankings and it is the only thing in life I have achieved and can impress my girlfriend with. As she points out more often than I like: "There isn't really much to be impressed with, is there!?":)

Highlander999

ICC President
OMFGZ!!!!! What happened to my account :eek::eek::eek: :crying

Hehehe, downloading now, thank god I have an afternoon off to try this :)

BTW, Big up to Transmission, think this is the first time I have seen developers actually listen to the fans. Thanks for that :)

Last edited:
D

Dutch

OMFGZ!!!!! What happened to my account :eek::eek::eek: :crying

Hehehe, downloading now, thank god I have an afternoon off to try this :)

BTW, Big up to Transmission, think this is the first time I have seen developers actually listen to the fans. Thanks for that :)

You're lucky mate! It's half past two in the morning where I am! Ah, sod it! Who need's sleep?!:)

DarkBoyBlunder

Club Cricketer
I realised it was for quitting! Nice that the stats will return again as I am currently tied 17th in the Twenty20 wicket taking rankings and it is the only thing in life I have achieved and can impress my girlfriend with. As she points out more often than I like: "There isn't really much to be impressed with, is there!?":)

Note that you can still play the retail version (1.0) on the regular production server with your account and all your stats, it's just beta 2 that's on the development server.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Just had my first online game - seemed to go without a hitch. There was the odd bug in the animation (fielders teleporting, but only very small distances) but that's expected with online games I guess.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
So we have to install Beta 1 first in order to use this beta 2 version?

Users who are viewing this thread