Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

We are still waiting on news, they had 2 betas for the PC version and then the company folded. So its all up in the air right now.

The update was very reasuring, but its been so long now its unlikely that the patch will be hitting our consoles in my opinion.

One other annoying point about the patch maybe not coming to our consoles is how long to the next cricket game??

if the game was patched then yess... it would hold me out till the next cricket game, but without its a deffinate no, as i find offline unplayable.

The update was very reasuring, but its been so long now its unlikely that the patch will be hitting our consoles in my opinion.

One other annoying point about the patch maybe not coming to our consoles is how long to the next cricket game??

if the game was patched then yess... it would hold me out till the next cricket game, but without its a deffinate no, as i find offline unplayable.

We heard you the first 789492 times :clap

most gaming companys are feeling the global crisis so maybe codies cant afford to bring the patch out since it would cost $$$$ & there might not be a cricket game soon :( ethier just cross your fingers :facepalm and hope (pray)

EA had 60 games to come out now they only have 30 coming & more could be dropped :(

transmission just the start of worst things to come for gamers

I dont know if Codemasters are losing $$$$ too ????

most gaming companys are feeling the global crisis so maybe codies cant afford to bring the patch out since it would cost $$$$ & there might not be a cricket game soon :( ethier just cross your fingers :facepalm and hope (pray)

EA had 60 games to come out now they only have 30 coming & more could be dropped :(

transmission just the start of worst things to come for gamers

I dont know if Codemasters are losing $$$$ too ????

codemasters ae lossing becosue they sell crap

codemasters ae lossing becosue they sell crap

The initial AC09 release was crap, yes. But they really made up for that by working on and releasing beta 1 and 2. It's just a shame that the console patches and the final PC patch will probably not be released. But that's life.

He has decided that the more he complains, the faster the patch will come :)

I havent decided that atall how can you knpow what ive decided grow up.

Theres no need for little pointess comments like that at an attempt to flare up a argument.

And whats with your obsession with talking about me jeez!

And whats with your obsession with talking about me jeez!

Well James, he likes you & he cant stop thinking about you ( in a good manner ) . So he always likes to follow you wherever you may go. Hence the commenting about you.

Hey guys, I just lost everything on my laptop due to a drive crash :facepalm,
and now all i have is my ashes Cd :( :doh

can someone gimme the links from where i can get the beta patches download links ?

Patch

This is getting a bit silly now, they should either confirm we are getting a patch or not.The silence from codemasters speaks volumes.

My system spec is:

Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz
4Gb RAM
512Mb GeForce 9800 GTX+
Windows 7 and Windows XP dual boot.

The latest beta patch has NOT fixed any of my problems. Here is a list of problems I've been getting with the original game, as well as with the patch:

1) The game freezes at the opening screen after the game launches for 10 minutes.
2) After this initial freeze, the Codemasters and Transmission logos are displayed for few seconds and there is another freeze for about 5 minutes at the "loading" screen.
3) After the match is over and you want to go back to the menu, there is another freeze for about 10-15 minutes.

Other problems I found were:

4) You can't configure the controller buttons. There is no "configure keys" option in the menu. You are stuck with awkward default keys and incomplete controller keys

5) You can't configure keyboard keys. There is no key for front foot shot. The game says that its CTRL key, but if you press the CTRL key, shift automatically gets pressed and therefore the shot becomes an ADANCE shot instead of a front foot shot.

One other comment I'd like to make is that I'm not pleased with the game using fake player names. The game has lost its authenticity. It's looks like a joke to play with fake player names. If a licence was needed for real player names, then a licence should have been obtained instead of ruining a cricket game with fake players.

Or another option is:

6) No option to change player names.

I have played the game in both Windows 7 and Windows XP since I have dual boot. And I have been getting all the above problems in both operating systems.

Please fix these bugs before the final release of the patch.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread