Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Was happy to see reverse swing being available after the 31st over ODI, didn't a bit of damage early but the settled batters played it easily. Once the tail came in though there was stumps flying all over the place :p

Was it Brett Lee bowling? Against England? At Lords? :rtfl

Humans are never satisfied :P
@TG, Everything is enjoyable, everything works great. But please please^inf allow us to save custom fields and make online play harder. The latter being more important IMO!!

EDIT: I have been on PC for little over two years and my post count is terrible :P :P

Last edited:
Do anyone mind uploading a video of the gameplay with beta patch 2? I would really appreciate it :)

I'm asking because I have the game on the ps3, so I won't be able to play with the patch before the final patch releases :crying

Was it Brett Lee bowling? Against England? At Lords?

Haha nah got bored of playing the English, Lee wasn't as effective with the reverse swing it was actually Siddle. I was trying to recreate the game going on now but my concentration went out the window when I was trying to slog everything. I was 9/100 when my last two batters put on a 80 run partnership still ended up losing by 100 runs.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-09-30 15-15-54-31.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-09-30 15-15-54-31.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 66
Just finished my Ashes series which I started with the original out of the box version. With Beta 2 (having not played it with beta 1 as I was in Sweden), I resumed the 5th Test at 222-4. This is how the match panned out:

Cricket20092009-09-3009-29-35-30.jpg

:D

It was great to have batting being really hard (and I did play really stupidly because I wanted to get to the bowling). Now, it's true that I did bowl a very constant line and length only mixing it up occasionally, but the batting performance from the Aussies was still horrible. It was utter carnage in the first innings. :D

Bowling now a tad easy perhaps?

Hard ffs. :D

I'm hoping it's only happened because the match had been started prior to patching.

about this thread peoples comment i am totally impatient to wait for final patch so i bought retail DVD for rupees 500 from land mark(Chennai) i got it from 3rd land mark of the city, rest of all out of stock,
unfortunately i have found something in roadside shop near by landmark&music world, they sell ashes cricket 2009& all new release games for 30rupees if you bargain to shopkeeper you will get 25rupees also(pirate copy) still it can be playable in online, i have noted this shop around 15 mins,,,nearly 10peoples who bought this game for 25 to 30 rupees...i am very shy to say this is happening in my city what should i do? where can i complaint?

Hard ffs. :D

I'm hoping it's only happened because the match had been started prior to patching.

You got skittled out yourself after starting at 222-4 so perhaps the pitch or overhead conditions really came into play ?

You got skittled out yourself after starting at 222-4 so perhaps the pitch or overhead conditions really came into play ?

Yeah but I batted recklessly and was skittled by a spinner, whilst Freddie destroyed Australia.

And overhead conditions shouldn't lead to Australia being all out for 24.

What fields you using mate?

Im a little concerned the Beta 2 has made bowling to the AI easier than Beta 1... someone tell me otherwise!!

I'm also concerned by this, but at least it'll be more fun than prepatch.

Users who are viewing this thread