Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is fantastic news, really pumped. Only slight concern is 505 made the HORRIBLE "Official" Rugby World Cup Game which is inferior in every way to the Sidhe 'Rugby' game (Jonah Lomu Rugby for you English folk...)

NOW... the big question is are they going to half-ass it with the licenses and just get Australia/England again, or actually going to bother to pick all the teams up this time, that's really the clincher for me. Either way, consider this purchased regardless, look forward to modding a next-gen game finally! There's lots to love about Cricket 2009 to be honest, it's not the best for flexibility but it's closer to arcade-game fun than Cricket 07. Which I prefer... but... a year turnaround for development is a bit of a worry though... hoping they've been working on this for a while...

Chief, I have a few questions, being a pretty active modder of Cricket 09, but i'll wait until there's an appropriate thread for that kinda banter. Either way, can't wait... colour me optimistic!

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
@Biggs - remember that 505 are producing it rather than developing it. Who was the studio who developed the world cup rugby game?
Feel free to start another thread with questions for Chief and he can answer them if he feels like it.

s.suwadith

Club Captain
I won't be counting on this!
This is an unknown Group of releasers who claim they will release it!

But it would be great if they still releases it with much more upgrades!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I won't be counting on this!
This is an unknown Group of releasers who claim they will release it!

But it would be great if they still releases it with much more upgrades!

This isn't like TAOC. This is a development team that has previously made a game with a publisher that now has a financial stake in seeing a return on their investment.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Indeed. The developer has produced two cricket games before and 505 Games have a good track record as well.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Biggs - remember that 505 are producing it rather than developing it. Who was the studio who developed the world cup rugby game?
Feel free to start another thread with questions for Chief and he can answer them if he feels like it.

Good point... HB studios was the developer. It was a horrible game. I reckon if these guys want a really good example of a sports game done right, Rugby Challenge and Sidhe would be a really good place to start. They didn't have the resources of an "EA" games, but they made a really good looking Rugby game, very polished and some great attention to detail. Loads of customization, programmable AI... was amazing.

One of the neat features was the built-in loading time tutorial stuff, where you could practice while the game loaded.

Might be worth starting an "Ask Chief" thread... Indeed.

Last edited:

spooony

Club Captain
Let me guess. Another port meaning a lot of pc users will need to upgrade. Then will we see names like Stoyn Bhat Alfy Morkel again?

savvart

Associate Cricketer
You have to love those unlicensed names... :yes

Make me laugh everytime...

But as long as we can edit them just like Cricket 10 that is ok by me.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Best news I have got in a long time The wait was quite awful. I hope its worth it when the game comes out. Meanwhile I think we should be optimistic but not pin too much hopes on the credentials of the upcoming game. I hope its an improvement but do not expect it to be as good as we want it to be.

Jaisuraj

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally after 4 years Ashes 2013 is back.We've been bored without any new latest games.hope in this time there will be more options,more realistic,more interesting.WE ARE SO DELIGHTED!!!

zeusss

School Cricketer
I don't mind if all the names are unlicensed... All we need is a strong convincing gameplay. And a very good online support as well.

As of now, really happy to hear this news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread