Asia Cup 2018 - UAE (September 2018)

Who do you think will win the Asia Cup 2018?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
158 now replaced by 162? Both these Teams are so inconsistent. One day they will behave as champs and the next they will behave as teams who do not belong in international arena. One good thing about Rohit Sharma is his captaincy. He is a better captain compared to Kohli.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Kedar has always been in India's ODI scheme of things ever since he bamboozled NZ players in that home series. He has the ability to finish the games as well which is what India needs right now. However, his problem has been his inconsistency in batting and his fielding. Now I will give you the list of bad fielders that India currently have in their line-up. Chahal, Jadhav, Kuldeep, Rohit(not as bad the other three but he is getting there). However, if Kedar does take his chances and scores some runs at that number 6 position, I think he has probably sealed that position.

Now if Hardik does not play in the rest of the tournament, it will be a huge blow for India just because of the balance that he brings to our team. If we bring in Khaleel in place of him, we will be a batsman short. If we bring in Akshar Patel, we will have 4 spinners which might be too many and although Akshar can bat, it's not up to Hardik's level. It will be interesting to see what India does. One out of the box selection would be to bring in Krunal Pandya replacing Hardik in the squad. Krunal's batting is probably as good as Hardik but again, it will be one too many spinner in the line-up.

Rohit is looking pretty good now so I think this should match get over pretty quickly.

In conditions like UAE, we can be a batsman short because our batsmen should feel a lot closer to home. Also our top order is going to do the bulk of the scoring and its our middle order who have to find form and an extra batsman is not really going to help there. If anything, I would bring back Ravindra Jadeja and play him as the second spinner with one of Kuldeep or Chahal playing according to their form and game conditions. From my perspective, I do not have very high hopes on Axar Patel. At best, he can just be a backup. Jadeja is a better batsman and a far superior fielder to anyone in this Indian side. He will lift the fielding drastically.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Redemption... finally.

Absolutely dominating performance but gotta give credit to our bowlers who came back stronger after that embarrassing performance against HK yesterday. Rohit and Dhawan played damn well and showed good character, these two guys will play a major role in the WC and should stick to limited overs. Jadhav was magical and hope Pandya recovers fast. Overall a sweet win while I also feel good to be one of those few ones who had the hope and belief we could pull this off and trusted our team. Great day.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Redemption... finally.

Absolutely dominating performance but gotta give credit to our bowlers who came back stronger after that embarrassing performance against HK yesterday. Rohit and Dhawan played damn well and showed good character, these two guys will play a major role in the WC and should stick to limited overs. Jadhav was magical and hope Pandya recovers fast. Overall a sweet win while I also feel good to be one of those few ones who had the hope and belief we could pull this off and trusted our team. Great day.
I will not call redemption, we played similarly in the CT where we hammered Pakistan in group stage games. We need to keep repeating this against them on 23rd and then in Finals if both reach finals.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
We spoke with about DK yesterday. Well he has had two 30+ scores in 2 innings now. And the latest one is a not out, coming in a hammering of Pakistan. I still think DK 2.0 has a lot to offer in the limited overs side and he needs to be in.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Good win this for India and need to consistently play this way in upcoming matches. Bangladesh and Afghanistan cannot be taken lightly here in UAE conditions so all remaining three matches should be really interesting.

My Pakistani cricket fans what do you see in Sarfaraz? Have not seen him contribute with the bat for long now.. what is the opinion you all share?

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Good win this for India and need to consistently play this way in upcoming matches. Bangladesh and Afghanistan cannot be taken lightly here in UAE conditions so all remaining three matches should be really interesting.

My Pakistani cricket fans what do you see in Sarfaraz? Have not seen him contribute with the bat for long now.. what is the opinion you all share?
To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Sarfaraz in the first place. He might be a good captain but as a batsman he isn't that great.
Plus Mohammed Amir form recently is Really bad, he is just not getting any wickets.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
To be honest I wasn't a big fan of Sarfaraz in the first place. He might be a good captain but as a batsman he isn't that great.
Plus Mohammed Amir form recently is Really bad, he is just not getting any wickets.
Exactly my thoughts. Amir is living of his past reputation. Also as you said Sarfaraz might be a good captain and a good batsman at Test level but in ODI's he isnt someone to rely on. Yes he will occasionally play the big innings but most often or not he will fail. Could be wrong though so would like what others think. India and Pakistan have team of old times. Both lack the superior hitting when it comes to lower order batsman.

Bhumi

Club Captain
Good Luck Sarfaraz on

Sunday in super Four vs India 9/23 and on 9/28 Final

India's biggest victory by ball spare 126 balls beating previous best 105 and 95 balls spares

Bhuvi m.o.m

Today Afghanistan vs Bangladesh
Two games on Friday and two games on Sunday

Sat off in Asia cup

Bhumi

Club Captain
Despite rotten keeping by MSD plus those dropped catches Pakistan manged 162

First 2 in 3 runs
Middle 5 in 23 runs
Last 3 in 4 runs

Very poor on good batting wicket vs India B
Minus top well known players

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Bhuvi was outstanding yesterday. Disappointed to see Pakistani young players surrendered against Kedar Jadhav.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
We spoke with DK yesterday. Well he has had two 30+ scores in 2 innings now. And the latest one is a not out, coming in a hammering of Pakistan. I still think DK 2.0 has a lot to offer in the limited overs side and he needs to be in.

i hope you are right. DK as a no.4 works. I have only doubted his role as the finisher, which is what he will be expected to do once Kohli is back

But I am all for giving chances, so Godspeed DK

Users who are viewing this thread